• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool D: France vs. Canada (01/10/2015)

wtf france is doing seriously, so many mistakes and bad choices

After watching this game with no other biasses than having Michalak in my fantasy team, I would put it to you that France are just not that good :(

They are being matched by Canada at the breakdown. The open games of both teams are about on par. Kicking games about even.

The only places France seem to be genuinely dominating are the set pieces and mauling...

Can there be too more differing ways of being brought up than the Fun Bus & Prince Hazza?

After watching this game with no other biasses than having Michalak in my fantasy team, I would put it to you that France are just not that good :(

They are being matched by Canada at the breakdown. The open games of both teams are about on par. Kicking games about even.

The only places France seem to be genuinely dominating are the set pieces and mauling...

yea, only satisafaction is no injuries. I wanna believe we played that bad cos we feared that, and playin with fear is the best way to make a bad game. So many tackles missed, tackle on feet when arms should be bloked, very bad defence.
Not being able to outclass the last team of pacific cup is disapointing.

4th try at last France in the quarters

That makes 5 still too many mistakes

Last edited:
Yup been pretty impressed with Doyle so far this tournament.

TMO in the last game was pretty good as well Lacey was just doing his best to counteract that.

In France's defence, Phillipe Saint Andre's selections have been awful. The half back pairing should be Trinh-duc and Parra, and the first choice back row of Picamoles Dusautoir and probably Ordreuago would be a match for anyone. PSA is a ****ing donkey, like many other coaches attempting to make their teams under perform with terrible team selections. England France and South Africa all have inept coaches. Awful.

lol ref and scrums

- - - Updated - - -

In France's defence, Phillipe Saint Andre's selections have been awful. The half back pairing should be Trinh-duc and Parra, and the first choice back row of Picamoles Dusautoir and probably Ordreuago would be a match for anyone. PSA is a ****ing donkey, like many other coaches attempting to make their teams under perform with terrible team selections. England France and South Africa all have inept coaches. Awful.

hahahahaah yeeeessss.
But to st andre 's credit, we failed so many times in WC with our "flair", he tries the pragmatic style. Only thing that doesnt change is france is unpredictable and on one match can pull fingers out of their as ses. But overall yes hes a donkey

Fair enough. I'm not that in tune with who should/shouldnt be selected in the France team. That being said, it doesn't really matter who wasn't selected because for a large part the guys that were selected were pushed pretty hard by the Canadian team. It's still a comfortable win, with some nice periods of play, but overall I'm not sure the French should be to enthused by that performance.

Best refereeing performance I have seen this RWC.

Well, not being inspired that much in attack isnt that dramatic, but so many bad tackles against an average team, is.

Not too sure what to think of our performance. I do still find some positive things despite the silly penalties we keep giving away in every game. We surely are the worst tier 1 nation in this....
Now if we finally play carefully by the next game, maybe I'll start thinking we have a chance... But it would be a miracle of the oval kind if it does happen....
And what about Canada? I know france didnt play that well, but credits to them. They played their thing and looked good on the breakdown. Nice team. What a good world cup this is.

Last edited:
Not too sure what to think of our performance. I do still find some positive things despite the silly penalties we keep giving away in every game. We surely are the worst tier 1 nation in this....
Now if we finally play carefully by the next game, maybe I'll start thinking we have a chance... But it would be a miracle of the oval kind if it does happen....
And what about Canada? I know france didnt play that well, but credits to them. They played their thing and looked good on the breakdown. Nice team. What a good world cup this is.

That may or may not be the case, but as an ABs fan, I would probably rate France only behind OZ, SA, and England of the teams I personally fear playing despite whatever form they may be in! France have that X-factor and it often comes into play when they are out of form and often against us in RWCs!

This tournament is still wide open IMO. I'm not sure if France can win it, but they sure as heck can make their mark still and put an end to one or more of the other competing nations!

France qualified for the quarter :)

Not a great match as usual for France, difficulties to transform their domination into points but job done again !

Good that it has not been an easy match, will let them uncertain, not fully confident...now 10 days of rest before their first big match.

Bring Ireland on !

- - - Updated - - -

It is against Canada, France did not need to throw everything they have...and as usual, there is something mental about France who is not able to be clinical in that sort of games...as well, the injury bit, I guess lots of players do not want to miss out so there is certainly a bit of "shyness". So lets be happy with the win (and the qualification) and lets judge France on the next game against Ireland.

Last edited:
Pfff. At times I was thinking France 1-12 is a good as it gets. But they screwed up several scrums and mauls, were matched at the breakdown, and although Mich + Fof are in love the rest of the backline keep arguing over who broke the condom. Really disappointed at the inability to break/go round the line, defensive line was shattered several times, and their receivers on restarts are a sign of bad coaching. Overall, so patchy, with the usual messing about on selections. Most worrying thing for France is their replacements had to hammer the lid shut with the same tactic from the first half.

These nouvels Rosbifs look as disjointed as Ireland's reserves. So I'm completely creeped out for the crunch next week.

Canada were plucky. But really, France?

France qualified for the quarter :)

Not a great match as usual for France, difficulties to transform their domination into points but job done again !

Good that it has not been an easy match, will let them uncertain, not fully confident...now 10 days of rest before their first big match.

Bring Ireland on !

- - - Updated - - -

It is against Canada, France did not need to throw everything they have...and as usual, there is something mental about France who is not able to be clinical in that sort of games...as well, the injury bit, I guess lots of players do not want to miss out so there is certainly a bit of "shyness". So lets be happy with the win (and the qualification) and lets judge France on the next game against Ireland.

To be fair, I was replying to a comment that asked what is wrong with France? I'm not judging France (overall) on that game at all, just posting my opinion in relation to the question asked and with respect to this particular game. The bolded part above though is the point here. Like a lot of teams this RWC, the performance by France (albeit not a full strength France) was by in large a poor one given they were playing Canada (who were pretty impressive for periods of the game I thought).

My previous post is how I feel about Frances chances overall. Even the game vs. Ireland doesn't really matter that much. In the RWC it's all about the finals and who rises to the occasion at the right time! It doesn't matter that much what happens in pool play so long as you get yourself to the next stage with minimal casualties. Case and point RWC2011!! France got whooped up by the ABs in pool play, then went on to embarrassingly lose to Tonga (I was there and it was a fantastic game by the way). BUT, then went on to officially be the second best team in the RWC!

You guys are well in it still I reckon!

I didn't see the game but having read the TRF comments, I'm not surprised by the manner in which they won - not too convincing.
I've the impression that they did enough to secure the precious bonus point but held back quite a lot from a 100% commitment,
doubtless thinking about the Ireland game.
Anything less then 100% in the Irish game then there'll lose!
However, I feel that the French pack will dominate and form the foundation of a win!

Well, France has qualified for the QF already which is something SA still has to do so I know which team's position I'd like to be in. Its still a pretty handy score over Canada and France put in a couple of scores early and then lifted the foot off the pedal. I'm sure in knock out games and with a more even scoreline France won't just let up like that. Nothing to worry about here for France IMO. It'd have been nice if France had access to some of the players they left behind that'd arguably be more dangerous but France still very much capable of going all the way.

Latest posts