• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool D: France vs. Canada (01/10/2015)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
vTRhZ65.png

France.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
Canada.png

Stadiummk, Milton Keynes (01/10/2015, 20:00)
Pool D, Round 3

Referee: JP Doyle
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png

Teams

France: 15 Scott Spedding, 14 Brice Dulin, 13 Mathieu Bastareaud, 12 Wesley Fofana, 11 Remy Grosso, 10 Frederic Michalak, 9 Sebastian Tillous-Borde, 8 Damien Chouly, 7 Bernard Le Roux, 6 Thierry Dusautoir (captain), 5 Yoann Maestri, 4 Pascal Pape, 3 Rabah Slimani, 2 Guilhem Guirado, 1 Eddy Ben Arous

Substitutes: 16 Benjamin Kayser, 17 Vincent Debaty, 18 Nicolas Mas, 19 Yannick Nyanga, 20 Fulgence Ouedraogo, 21 Morgan Parra, 22 Remi Tales, 23 Alexandre Dumoulin

Canada: TBA

Last edited:
Spedding - Grosso, Fofana, Bastareaud, Dulin - (o) Michalak, (m) Tillous-Borde - Le Roux, Chouly, Dusautoir (C) - Maestri, Papé - Slimani, Guirado, Ben Arous

Les remplaçants : Kayser, Mas, Debaty, Nyanga, Ouedraogo, Parra, Talès, Dumoulin.

Dulin on the wing makes me nervous...he's excellent as fullback and very mediocre as a wing. Why not let Guitoune have more game time?! Does PSA just not like his face??

"Quand tu as une préparation avec des joueurs hyper en forme, il y a des risques de blessures. Et la succession de matches très rapprochés renforce ces risques. Et là je ne prends aucun risque avec Louis Picamoles et Noa Nakaitaci."

PSA on his decision to not play Picamoles and Nakaitaci. Fair enough! Keeping them fresh and injury free for the Ireland clash!

Dulin on the wing makes me nervous...he's excellent as fullback and very mediocre as a wing. Why not let Guitoune have more game time?! Does PSA just not like his face??

That's a weird decision alright, Guitoune is in serious need of playing time, he's played a couple games in 4 months, if he's to start, we need him to be fit and confident.
Chouly at 8 is sad, PSA should have selected Dusautoir at 8, to force to have a more expansive attacking game.

Why put Dusatoir at 8 that's just plain crazy Dusautoir has never played at 8 so why start now !!!!!!!!!!!!! Chouly will do the business. Guitoune is another matter.!!!!!

That's a weird decision alright, Guitoune is in serious need of playing time, he's played a couple games in 4 months, if he's to start, we need him to be fit and confident.
Chouly at 8 is sad, PSA should have selected Dusautoir at 8, to force to have a more expansive attacking game.

Be careful what you wish for! Putting Dusautoir at 8 is just something PSA would do as well!

Having made 13 changes for the match against Romania, 12 is their fewest changes to date at this World Cup.

Surely the time for experimentation is over now!

what are the odds on which alcohol and substance the french drink and smoke in the dressing room halftime?

what are the odds on which alcohol and substance the french drink and smoke in the dressing room halftime?

I don't know if you're being serious or looking for a bit of banter? In case of the latter... about the same odds on them gang banging you Mama! BOOOOM!

I don't know if you're being serious or looking for a bit of banter? In case of the latter... about the same odds on them gang banging you Mama! BOOOOM! ��

Effort: 10/10
Execution: 6/10

I don't know if you're being serious or looking for a bit of banter, in any case... about the same odds of them banging your mom.

There you go

Be careful what you wish for! Putting Dusautoir at 8 is just something PSA would do as well!

Just for the Canada game, to force him to pick up the ball here and then, take up his offensive responsibilities. If he's going to partner Le Roux, he'll have some slap to pick up. We need somebody else than Picamoles in our back row to run up the ball. Dusautoir's used to focus on his defensive work in Toulouse, because he always plays alongside offensive players as Nyanga, Picamoles, Harinordoquy or Galan, he has to play differently for France.

Good start from France but not a settled team. PSA is a knob

Bringing strong backs like Michalak, Fofana and Bastareaud shows that PSA at least has a game plan. In their first match with Romania, they made no sense.

God I wish Fofana finished that beauty of a kick and vision.

25mins and I'm considering muting the TV.
Flatman seems like a nice guy but I really cannot stand him as a commentator. I would've thought they'd have learnt from how bad he was on BT Sport, but he continues to get work.

unfortunately the R5 commentary is a min or 2 behind but better than ITV which has been bloody awful to date

TRY Canada!!

Latest posts