• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool D: France vs. Canada (01/10/2015)

Michalak looked 25 years old again, enjoying his rugby.

Fred Michalak is one of those annoying players who during one match can play sublime rugby, but the next can appear to be totally disinterested and the game will be lost.
However, he is undoubtedly PSA's first choice fly half and France's progress will depend on him, irrespective of how dominant the pack may be.

Fred Michalak is one of those annoying players who during one match can play sublime rugby, but the next can appear to be totally disinterested and the game will be lost.
However, he is undoubtedly PSA's first choice fly half and France's progress will depend on him, irrespective of how dominant the pack may be.
To give some credit to PSA, in the 2 games he played he was outstanding. I hope he will keep playing consistently well until the end of this tournament. I still remember all the talk on Michalak back in 2003 and the hopes that were on his shoulders only for him to be eclipsed by a superior wilko in that semi final. Even though most sane french rugby fans believe TD was hard done by PSA and should be our number 1 fly half, what a joy to see Michalak play like this after 12 years :)

I actually think France played quite well during some parts of the game, and wera awful during others.
- They started well, which is unusual (0-30min)
- Then allowed two tries probably out of complacency (30-35)
- Then sort of recovered control, but without being convincing (35-40)
- Then gradually started allowing Canada too much possession and control and let themselves be imposed a sevens rythm (35-60)
- Then Parra came on, and everything was back in control.

My conclusion: Parra is the man. TB and Michalak are the France of France: they're inconsistent even for french standards.

There is still a case where France is not qualified for quarters, an almost impossible case but mathematically, it is existing as a probability.

If Italy is beating Ireland 60-0 then Ireland beats France without Bonus for neither of the team, All the 3 teams would be at 14 points and each of the 3 teams would have beaten one of the other 2. Then it would be played on the goal average difference and Italy and Ireland would have a better goal average.

FYI

Hi all,

I was at the game last night and wanted a match scarf but chose to wait until after the game as I thought they might have been trying to flog them off for cheaper than before the game! After the game there were no sellers to be seen, so I was wondering if anyone has a spare one which I could buy or know of a website which sells them? I have attached the type of scarf which I mean!

Thanks!

IMG_20140826_170214-e1409076524989.jpg

I agree, France's success will depend on Michalak's form. He was outstanding yesterday and scored all of his kicks. His back-up, Tales, is a serious downgrade so he we'll need him to perform.
Parra should play alonside him though, if Tillous-Borde is unconvincing against Ireland once again, things might get changed up.

There is still a case where France is not qualified for quarters, an almost impossible case but mathematically, it is existing as a probability.

If Italy is beating Ireland 60-0 then Ireland beats France without Bonus for neither of the team, All the 3 teams would be at 14 points and each of the 3 teams would have beaten one of the other 2. Then it would be played on the goal average difference and Italy and Ireland would have a better goal average.

FYI
Not if Italy score 6opts v Ireland it would be France Italy and if you want to bet I am very willing to take your money

True, it would kill the goal average of Ireland...Still if Italy is beating Ireland by 20-30 points and Italy is winning its last match against Romania by a large margin, France could be out on point average if Ireland beats us with a large margin but without bonus point

Last edited:

Latest posts