• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool C: New Zealand vs. Argentina (20/09/2015)

Despite the result, the Pumas show a good level IMO

Barnes did his best to level the game up for Argentina but it was even a task to big for him..... jks

It was always going to be that last 20. The other teams dont have a SBW so I look forward to seeing you guys in the quarters.

Australia is the best IMO. They have a BIG opportunity here if they can show their TRC 2015's level

Pretty comfortable for the AB's in the 2nd half, but unconvincing nonetheless. Too many errors, but an important win.

Thought argentina played really well, maybe even shaded it in the forwards. Well not quite but almost.

NZ aren't the team they were 4 or 8 years ago but they are by far the most clinical and have a great balance of skill and power.

I'd say savea is more likely to be dropped than M-S. Looks off the pace. Front row pretty mediocre too.

A Smith is my fave SH right now.

Retallick got motm. Not too sure about that, I thought A Smith was excellent!

Yup typical ABs performance but they've done nothing to suggest France/Ireland/Australia or England(SA are still probably in shellshock) couldn't beat them. Makes sense they have armchair ride after this game and to be really ready come QF.

Yep I say give guys like Kaino, Savea and co another start against a lesser team dont hold them back for the big matches for mine they are underperforming. Savea in particular for me a is a bit of a waste of time. Id probably be seriously looking at Naholo on his wing.

- - - Updated - - -

Australia is the best IMO. They have a BIG opportunity here if they can show their TRC 2015's level

Nothing special about Australia other than the Hand Barnes gave them in Sydney.

If you thinkg england can beat NZ after Fiji game and watching last 20 min of this one you're delirious.

Unfortunately I was right...

Carter is only as good as his #12.. Nonu didn't show up, Carter has been mediocre. SBW has been alright, some stupid decisions... Game was a contest.

The media over here will carry on about Barnes... And that will be because 1. It was Richie, and 2. He didn't yellow that ball killer in the Argentine 5 metre.

NMS made one mistake, otherwise, he was our only bright spark until we got it together.. I.e. Around the time he dropped the ball, and then got subbed...

Meh, we can't play like that again in the knockouts. Can see use regretting putting faith in Carter, over Sopoaga, who was awesome against South Africa. Carter hasn't had a game like that, and only looked good because Nonu was trailblazing versus Australia.

If you thinkg england can beat NZ after Fiji game and watching last 20 min of this one you're delirious.
I said they didn't see anything to make them think they couldn't beat beat them not that they would....

England played very poorly granted but we also know this England side at its best can beat anyone but SA. NZ didn't look invulnerable.

Yup typical ABs performance but they've done nothing to suggest France/Ireland/Australia or England(SA are still probably in shellshock) couldn't beat them. Makes sense they have armchair ride after this game and to be really ready come QF.

Beg your pardon? We just played our toughest match in our pool, it was terrible, and now play teams where you can never gauge how we are doing. How does this benefit us, at all? Would rather have had Argentina last.

- - - Updated - - -

Beg your pardon? We just played our toughest match in our pool, it was terrible, and now play teams where you can never gauge how we are doing. How does this benefit us, at all? Would rather have had Argentina last.

Well I think that went how everyone predicted, maybe slightly under estimation for us, that is due to poor finishing.

Good effort form Argentina, a good hardy game we needed in the pool.

Were the Argies ever in our half after the 45 minute mark though?

Crockett should be a starter.

I think Savea will lose his spot once Naholo is fit.

Conrad was having a poor game but really came right in the final stages of the game, happy to see him find some form towards the end.

SBW is always good vs Argentina, I hope he can pull that sort of attacking performance out against other tougher opposition.

I felt Aaron Smith was MotM. Read also had a very good game.

Bringing on Vito instead of a specialized lock is such a great weapon to have.

The best bench will probably win this RWC and I believe have the best, just got to make sure we play a little better in the 1st half, I think some more penetration is needed, I appreciate Julians effort, but think Naholo will provide that and do a far better job.

Last edited:

Latest posts