• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: Samoa vs. Scotland (10/10/2015)

What a sh*t result. Samoa was too innocent to win I guess.

Scotland will be smashed next weekend.

God there are some bitter English fans on here, they failed and are desperate for everyone else to fail because of it.
Nothing to do with being English, i think everyone would rather see Japan get through, other than Scots.

Bet the Aussies or the Welsh are already looking forward to the semi finals

Looked like it to me.

eta, I meant about the Laidlaw last try was a knock on.

As a complete neutral I thought the refereeing was good. He let the game flow which is the important thing. I also thought Scotland played great in the second half, they didn't try anything fancy they just ran their phases and took the point on offer although I thought them not taking the points from all the Samoan infringements at the start of the second half was a mistake.

I don't think Scotland won this game though, rather I feel that Samoa lost it. They have to be the most undisciplined team at the tournament and some of their penalties were straight up school boy. Serious lack of rugby iq in that outfit.

Last edited:
You really think Japan Could beat Australia or Wales?

I doubt they would get within 20 of either.

You prob would say that about SA.

I also didn't say beat.

Japan have a more dangerous lineout game, a very good scrum and backs who can 1) Tackle 2) Run attacking lines.

As opposed to what, you think Japan would be in anyway competitive.

God there are some bitter English fans on here, they failed and are desperate for everyone else to fail because of it.

If you think I am bitter then my wee friend ye are wrong! I am half Scottish and half Manx and no part English!

I only say it as I see it!!

No, I do not think that Japan would be any more competitive but am solely saying that your team, like the English, would not do very well in the quarters!

'Ang on... did Laidlaw knock on that scrum pickup??
i thought i saw that as well but gave benefit of the doubt since the ref was right there and the tmo had been nitpicking for most of the game. anyone have a different angle of that pick up from the scottish half back?

It didn't matter which team got through Scotland or Japan, that Qrt match up was always the reward for winning the pool of death.

Wales or Australia will play a semi and they always were going to no matter the result of this match.

So therefore the better result for rugby would have been Japan going through IMO.

Just saying.

Will say Scotland backs are showing real potential for growth IMO.

About time.

Don't know how they got away without a yellow at some point. Game could have went 2 ways, Samoa could have packed it in and got thumped or they could figure what the hell and play with absolutely no pressure on them, which they did. Fair play to them. Every game is different so we will just see what the qf brings, because now we will be the team no one expects to do anything.

Latest posts