• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool A: Australia vs. Wales (10/10/2015)

Hmm, yes that's kinda what I'm saying. It was tough, toughest pool for sure; but not as tough as it was initially thought.

Hmm, yes that's kinda what I'm saying. It was tough, toughest pool for sure; but not as tough as it was initially thought.

But the point is; both England (who didn't make it out of the pool for the first time, in their own RWC), and Wales who made it through on one penalty kick and now resemble a casualty ward - probably believe it was every bit as tough as they initially thought..

Oz may have looked to have comfortably won it; but they have played well to be in that position. Gad they played as they were last year they may have had a much harder time of it.

Last edited:

Yup, to a point I kinda agree with that. Although I think one always needs to be careful not to paint the achievements of one team as failings of another. Clearly England underperformed, and although I thinkWales have actually been quite impressive, without injuries they would have likely been stronger. Fiji were the most unlucky team of the tournament. In any other pool I think they would have really challenged for a QF spot. But overall, given the lvel of opposition they have had and the results they have achieved, for me so far OZ are easily the form team of the tournament.

So all in all I have been extremely impressed with OZ and

@TRF_nickdnz sums up just why this pool was pretty bloody tough... England and Wales would certainly disagree that it wasn't that tough. The Wallabies ultimately got through pretty well, but not before Wales gave them a solid shake, so our boys coming through well doesn't really alter how tough it was for mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah kneeing a guy in he ribs is nothing yet McCaws a cheat and the All Blacks are thugs, bloody hell the garbage I read on this board sometimes is sickening.

A. I didn't mention McCaw
B. The ABs have had their fair share of thuggish actions as has all teams .
C. Stop acting like the victim

In the last 12 hours you have said that pool A (the pool of death) wasn't that hard and Pocock should be banned for 3 years ......

So yes the garbage on here is sickening but it's mostly coming from you mate

A. I didn't mention McCaw
B. The ABs have had their fair share of thuggish actions as has all teams .
C. Stop acting like the victim

In the last 12 hours you have said that pool A (the pool of death) wasn't that hard and Pocock should be banned for 3 years ......

So yes the garbage on here is sickening but it's mostly coming from you mate

Exaggerated. Bias Englishmen, go back to horse riding and whinging, it's about the only thing you're good at.

I agree with KeyboardWorrior to an extent. England spend more time horse riding and sipping French Cognac than playing rugby and the Welsh have been like the walking wounded. Aussie have looked really sharp yes, but there's circumstances behind how convincing it was.

It's my first post on here so be kind.

Firstly, EVERY WC in any sport has a Pool of Death because it's click bait

Having said that, this was BY FAR the toughest pool in the tournament and I was glad Oz came through and did so whilst looking relatively good

Unlike others, I'm not declaring Oz favourites just yet as the ABs tournament hasn't even started but there are promising signs for us (Foley, scrum, half reasonable lineout, no long-term injuries to vital players, etc.)

We have done well so far (not least by positioning ourselves in right side of draw) but long way to go

Last edited:
Especially when tuilagi has had that same running style for years. It's a bit rich to suddenly cite him for it. Toward End off his career, last world cup..bad form by irb

Latest posts