• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: USA vs. Japan (11/10/2015)

Japan captain saying USA game was toughest game of the tournament. :D

So the Scotland game was easier than the USA game? Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

What makes sense is that Japan was out of the Scotland game 50 mins in.

So for 30 mins they were playing on empty.

Whereas USA was pushing them to the end in physical game were both team lasted the 80 rather than 50 minutes

That makes sense (although I would have thought SA was tougher but I guess the fact that adrenalin was on there side and SA were on the ropes helped).

Or it's an in the heat of the moment statement that's incorrect and just said as a consolation for the Yanks. That makes more sense.

Or it's an in the heat of the moment statement that's incorrect and just said as a consolation for the Yanks. That makes more sense.

It might well be.

But since he is the one playing it you can only go on what he says.

But I have found games a lot tougher in a close 80 min game than being in 50 min game followed by a blow out.

Congratulations Japan for an amazing World Cup! Well played

Great tournament for the Japanese. I work in a pretty well all Japanese office, and it's been incredible how much effect their wins have had. Previously it was only our IT guy and deputy MD that had any active interest in the sport, but now even the women are talking about it. Shame the Samoans couldn't knock over the Scots.. would have been great for the game if Japan could have made the final 8.

Japan has forever recieved my respect. And I will be the first to admit that I severely underestimated them.

And to a large extent I'm bitterly disappointed that they haven't made the playoffs.

They are the first team in RWC history to win 3 pool games and not qualify for the knockouts.

I was at Kingsholm yesterday good game, fantastic atmosphere , met plenty of Japan and USA fans a real occasion with nothing but pride on the result, it was such a pity a side wins 3 games and goes home, it was a pity Samoa couldn't bt Scotland on Saturday.
The Japanese and Americans were very vocal, as were the Glocester fans (Gloucester , Gloucester chants from time to time) But the funniest was when some of the crowd starting signing about the Chariot and got drowned out by a chorus of boos.

Latest posts