• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Final: New Zealand vs. Australia (31/10/2015)

Haha, 12 tests over the last four years, and 5 different parks we can talk about, and the one I imagine you are only remotely comfortable with might be Sydney and even then we own u in recent times, LOL!!

So if you dont wanna talk about Eden Park then perhaps I should remind you of:
Westpac - You havent won!
Forsythe Bar - You havent won!
Even Suncorp - You havent won!
and your beloved ANZ Stadium - we've won twice as many as you.

:eek:

This is true, but how many times have you beaten us at Twickenham! Aha! Got you there haven't I?

Seriously though, those stats just show that when there's a gulf in skill and cohesion the venue is pretty irrelevant.

Here's hoping the Wallabies can show that gulf has been bridged come Sunday.

This is true, but how many times have you beaten us at Twickenham! Aha! Got you there haven't I?

Seriously though, those stats just show that when there's a gulf in skill and cohesion the venue is pretty irrelevant.

Here's hoping the Wallabies can show that gulf has been bridged come Sunday.

Haha, yup u got me!

For sure, I was just having him on after his Eden Park comment.

The simple reality is while the ABs have had the wood on OZ for a while this is a different OZ side and like others have said, stats and history dont mean much when it comes to a RWC final.

Trouble is we still have 5 days to go and I think I've run out of things to talk about ;)

The Eden Park test doesn't mean too much. He didn't start Pocock and Foley and obviously threw the game to protect his key men to an extent. It was also a final look at Cooper to see if he had anything left to offer the team... and he doesn't yet he stilled picked him over LeLealifano and he's been extremely lucky he's had no serious injuries to Foley, otherwise they would be f**ked.

The tests in Australia have been more a measure of how Australia have been playing this RWC and they have come close many times over the last few years and beaten us once, so just be cautious, remember last time we played at a neutral venue they beat us (Hong Kong), I think they want to beat us more than any other team in the world does, they're a far more dangerous side than that blunt Spring Bok team we faced and any other team for that matter we have played..

As people said, Dan will be the difference, but he does struggle vs Australia outside of New Zealand. I think the start will be important, we need to come out off the blocks fired up and stifle their early sledgey attitudes and put them in their place, you can't let a side like they do get the confidence up, because then they start throwing it around and backing themselves and they are capable of scoring some good tries.

And what ever we do, don't give away in intercept tries!!! - This is another area I am concerned about with Australia, they do read the offload well.

Probably the wrong thread to discuss such matters, but if I were you, I'd drop all of those other teams you support, and back the new Argentine one; you could still support a team in each country at the domestic level ... you could support say, the Tasman Makos in the ITM cup, pick a side in the Currie Cup, and the Australian domestic comp too. From an Australian perspective, it's probably more crucial that teams like the Melbourne rebels taste success to expand the popularity in non traditional areas/grow the game.

Well, you quoted me so I'm answering you. Of course. I'll support the Argie franchise 100%, I'm waiting for the Logo to put in my profile.

I'll be back in London for this one. Would love to find a pub full of kiwi and aussie supporters... Any suggestions?

I'll be back in London for this one. Would love to find a pub full of kiwi and aussie supporters... Any suggestions?

Yep. A lot of my mates who didnt have twick tix have been to and going to the grand in clapton. Its right across the road from the tube station packed with Kiwis. You have to buy tickets online before the match. Another decent one is The Normaby in Putney. Which is full of Kiwis. Enjoy.

I'm sorry, but Australia haven't faced decent attacking opposition yet and last time we put 40 points on them.
Both have faced Argentina.
Argentina scored a try against NZ and it took two yellow cards to prevent the second try (speculation, i know).
We threw everything but the sink to Australia and couldn't score.

Both have faced Argentina.
Argentina scored a try against NZ and it took two yellow cards to prevent the second try (speculation, i know).
We threw everything but the sink to Australia and couldn't score.

Honestly man. Your passing in their 22 was terrible and your lack of a support runner when you made your breaks were the reasons you didnt score. In which both departments we are the best in the world in. The Aussies wont keep us out.

Yep. A lot of my mates who didnt have twick tix have been to and going to the grand in clapton. Its right across the road from the tube station packed with Kiwis. You have to buy tickets online before the match. Another decent one is The Normaby in Putney. Which is full of Kiwis. Enjoy.

No offence Kiwi_, you've been found out....it's pretty obviouse you've got no mates......just remember this, the clothes don't maketh the man. Just be Honest

Honestly man. Your passing in their 22 was terrible and your lack of a support runner when you made your breaks were the reasons you didnt score. In which both departments we are the best in the world in. The Aussies wont keep us out.
That appalling passing of ours excuse either goes for both our games vs ABs and Australia or for none.
You can't have it both ways.

Fact is, with our terrible passing, we scored vs the ABs and we couldn't vs Australia.

Personally, i think the best defensive display i've seen this world cup was Australia vs Wales.

I'm not saying Aus will win, I think it's 50/50.
But the "Aus will leak tries" is BS.

That appalling passing of ours excuse either goes for both our games vs ABs and Australia or for none.
You can't have it both ways.

Fact is, with our terrible passing, we scored vs the ABs and we couldn't vs Australia.

Personally, i think the best defensive display i've seen this world cup was Australia vs Wales.

I'm not saying Aus will win, I think it's 50/50.
But the "Aus will leak tries" is BS.

You played far worse vs Aus than us.

You are setting yourself up to get slaughtered if Australia win. Even if they don't you have handled your opinion of the game and other teams horribly and with no dignity or class. As someone else said I think you have been found out on this forum.

Or Australia defended better. Or maybe a bit of both.

The problem with your posts is that it appears as if you are unaware of your (huge) bias nor that chip on your shoulder. Or you're a troll, but i'd rather give you the benefit of the doubt.

The Eden Park test doesn't mean too much. He didn't start Pocock and Foley and obviously threw the game to protect his key men to an extent. It was also a final look at Cooper to see if he had anything left to offer the team... and he doesn't yet he stilled picked him over LeLealifano and he's been extremely lucky he's had no serious injuries to Foley, otherwise they would be f**ked.

The tests in Australia have been more a measure of how Australia have been playing this RWC and they have come close many times over the last few years and beaten us once, so just be cautious, remember last time we played at a neutral venue they beat us (Hong Kong), I think they want to beat us more than any other team in the world does, they're a far more dangerous side than that blunt Spring Bok team we faced and any other team for that matter we have played..

As people said, Dan will be the difference, but he does struggle vs Australia outside of New Zealand. I think the start will be important, we need to come out off the blocks fired up and stifle their early sledgey attitudes and put them in their place, you can't let a side like they do get the confidence up, because then they start throwing it around and backing themselves and they are capable of scoring some good tries.

And what ever we do, don't give away in intercept tries!!! - This is another area I am concerned about with Australia, they do read the offload well.

Sounds about right to me. Dunno what you Argies are rambling on about

So... you quote yourself and post "Sounds about right to me".
Again, your lack of awareness is astounding.

You're lack of ability to treat posters independently of the colours they support doesn't help either. Not everyone is out to get you or your team.

So... you quote yourself and post "Sounds about right to me".
Again, your lack of awareness is astounding.

You're lack of ability to treat posters independently of the colours they support doesn't help either. Not everyone is out to get you or your team.

What? Still dont know what youre getting at. You made out like I said we would cream the Aussie when I said it would be tight. It think its you who can differntiate

Well, you quoted me so I'm answering you. Of course. I'll support the Argie franchise 100%, I'm waiting for the Logo to put in my profile.

That's right, the probably the wrong thread stuff was more directed at myself because it was off topic

Latest posts