• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 ITM Cup] Discussion

My Tasman lads looked good away against Waikato. 35-20 (4-1) first up, a bonus point win.

Discipline will be a problem if they don't get a handle on it though. Too many silly penalties allowed Waikato to stay in the game through the boot of Damien McKenzie who kicked five penalty goals including a boomer from over halfway.

Just put $5 on Taranaki to beat Wellington, they're down 12-0 and paying $3.

Edit: 12-11 now, Taranaki paying $1.70 ;)

Last edited:
Sean Wainui has looked very good for Taranaki so far (at least for the ten minutes I've been watching). I think he'll be signed up fairly quickly by a Super team.

Is Tamanivalu playing? If so how has he played?

Nope he's due back in another week or two, out injured at the moment.

Game over, Wellington win by 5.

Pretty good example today of why Baker doesn't play more matches at a higher level... He's an idiot.

Last edited:
Nope he's due back in another week or two, out injured at the moment.

Game over, Wellington win by 5.

Pretty good example today of why Baker doesn't play more matches at a higher level... He's an idiot.

lol and a racist too apparently

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is the best winger at ITM level ATM?

Off the top of my head I'd say Jone Macilai - a player that could make retaining the Ranfurly Shield difficult for Hawkes Bay this weekend...also a flying Fijian on the other wing for the Taniwhas, Wasea Lawbuka which I can find no information about.....

Bryce Heem is another classy winger playing for Auckland - a former NZ AB Sevens rep...dangerous as

Jone Macelai is a pretty phenomenal winger. Shame he didn't get more time for the Crusaders on the right wing, especially with how average Crusaders wingers are (except Nadolo obviously). Here is hoping for an injury free season.

Don't forget Ryan Tongia. He was kinda under used by the Highlanders since they had Osbourne and Naholo. Watching Jone Macilai and Tongia up against each other right now in the Hawkes Bay vs Northland game. Macilai looked like he had the better of Tongia and was gonna bust through. But Tongia tripped him with his leg, should have been a penalty. Macilai was in the extended Fiji squad this year but went back to NZ. I think he still wants to try and play for NZ some day

Northland just so bad at defending that Hawkes Bay maul. Both times they had one of their forwards trying to defend the maul by himself. By the time the rest of the Northland forwards joined in it was too late.

I don't know about much else, but the Southland No. 8 Ben Fukofuka has to have the best name in rugby at the moment!

Off the top of my head I'd say Jone Macilai - a player that could make retaining the Ranfurly Shield difficult for Hawkes Bay this weekend...also a flying Fijian on the other wing for the Taniwhas, Wasea Lawbuka which I can find no information about.....

Bryce Heem is another classy winger playing for Auckland - a former NZ AB Sevens rep...dangerous as

Thanks for the answer. I know Bryce Heem, he has played for Chiefs this year. Has he signed a contract with Worcester?

Billy Harmon for canterbury is going to be a huge name in a few years and you heard it here first

Zac Guildford look good against Otago at the weekend, which club is going to sign him Saders again?

He wont go to the Tahs now. The Blues are apparently considering him..

I hope they don't if I'm honest. Better players than Guildford out there that come with less hassle. That said he looked good vs Counties..

Latest posts