• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 TRC] New Zealand v South Africa in Wellington (13/09/2014)

Never in doubt......not a great game skills wise but exciting enough..............AB championship winners!

I wish England kept their heads under pressure like the ABs did in the last 10 of that game. Blimey.

Luckily SA was so enept on our line there. If it was the other way round the AB's would of almost certainly scored from there so thats the difference between the sides.

Boy SA blew it in the end there especially after that massive scrum from them.

Pretty relieved to get that win. Pet peeve I hate when we boo drop kicks. Just because we don't do them doesn't mean it is something bad...

And the SA 10 is pretty good needs more time obviously but made some very nice touches. That pass near the end there against any other team in the world would scored... the one that Barrett actually managed to tackle the guy!!

Great defence by AB's and stupid stupid ****ing play by the Boks.

The AB's weren't THAT good today (they are always damn good, but today was an off day for them in some areas) the Boks have all the brawn but none of the ****ing brain.

That being said, Duane was a monster today. Thor! Marcel vd Merwe also did pretty well in the scrums.

And the SA 10 is pretty good needs more time obviously but made some very nice touches. That pass near the end there against any other team in the world would scored... the one that Barrett actually managed to tackle the guy!!

Agree....thought Pollard playing as well as he did was a big plus for the Saffers and looks like the future. O has to wonder when Matfield will finally give up as it must be time!!

Well, an exciting game.

From an All Blacks perspective, I don't see how anyone can think Israel Dagg hasn't completely lost it. Ben Smith was pretty damn good on the wing, but he's a lot better at fullback. Why is Dagg still being selected. He runs fast up from the line, then jinks and gets tackled. His passing to his right is pretty damn suspect. His kicking is far too often aimless. He doesn't really threaten the line. His defense is pretty woeful. The only thing he is generally fairly strong is his work under the high ball. I have similar complaints with Nonu, who is just a terrible kicker 90% of the time, and rarely breaks the line anymore.

The home match for SA is going to be massive!! If NZ get a win over there this time it will be huge.

Kudos to the AB's.

But AAARGH! I am so frustrated at our gameplan. Play some ****ing positive rugby for a change!

What all this about JdV's 100 cap..................there are so many of these centurians now and have not seen this fuss being made before?

Latest posts