• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 TRC] Australia v Argentina in Gold Coast (13/09/2014)

Well that really petered out... what an anti-climax.

What the hell did the ref give that free kick for? Awful call

See that's the thing with Argentina. They have a massive scrum but they can't even use it to their advantage. Why would you not tap and go at the end. Seriously a scrum just wastes a couple of minutes, Argentina aren't even good at attacking from set pieces and it just gives the referee a chance to blow against you. Taking a scrum is a woeful option in most circumstances but teams seem to do it all the time.

I'm ****ed with Argentina. They did everything to screw it up for themselves. Even just getting the draw. Hate to be an Argentine right now.

Australia is pretty onto it in the scrums VERY low. The argies 8 needs to come off the back HARD!!

Yep they butchered it.

I honestly cant see THAT aussie team beating these guys at home. Infact im just about keen to go down to the TAB on that one!!

In 2012 Australia beat Argies by 4 points at home and won in Argentina by 6.
In 2013 Australia beat Argies by 1 point at home and thrashed them in Argentina.
Same thing could happen in 2014.

I almost wish the Wallabies had lost that. A win papers over the cracks and allows the team to think they're doing alright, but the reality is they're playing no better than they did when the All Blacks wiped the floor with them. That was a terrible performance yet again - the forwards were good until Tafu went off and then seemed completely ineffective at scrum time.

In 2012 Australia beat Argies by 4 points at home and won in Argentina by 6.
In 2013 Australia beat Argies by 1 point at home and thrashed them in Argentina.
Same thing could happen in 2014.

I don't know about that. From what we've seen this year, they can really play. But only if they sort out their discipline. Mind you I don't remember their performances from previous years but from what I've seen this year they have footballing skill. They deserve a win.

Wow. Arg deserved to draw.

Did they really? In my opinion they were on their way to a big thrashing until they got some tries one of which was opportunist. They were dominated in posession and territory; their set piece was poor; their backline again lacked fluidity; they struggled to get over the advantage line and conceded way too many penalties.

Better decision making from Sanchez at the end and they would have drawn.

Argentina unlucky not to get a draw....robbed by the ref.......b*llocks!!!

The Wallabies should have won that with over 50 points had they not played so poorly.........it was only with the Aussies letting them off the hook that they stayed in touch.

Perlease...........the ref did not cost them the match or the draw!!

I don't know about that. From what we've seen this year, they can really play. But only if they sort out their discipline. Mind you I don't remember their performances from previous years but from what I've seen this year they have footballing skill. They deserve a win.

To be honest NZ and Australia actually benefit from playing in Argentina as usually the conditions are much better. This means they can fully utilise their backs and running forwards, where they have the biggest advantage of Argentina.

Yeah I certainly would not say Argentina were robbed they cocked up consistently thoughout the match. They played like **** australia played like **** and they lost by 7 points or whatever.....

I expect them to be way way better than that at home. I'll assume NZ play them first before Aussie though?

To be honest NZ and Australia actually benefit from playing in Argentina as usually the conditions are much better. This means they can fully utilise their backs and running forwards, where they have the biggest advantage of Argentina.

That's true. The conditions will suit those two teams. But don't you think Argentina will thrive as well? When they played SA there it was a joy to watch their forwards and backs link up with one another, producing some very creative play. If anything, we could see some very entertaining matches when it comes to them visiting Argentina.

The ref should have no say in when the ball goes in. As long as the scrum is steady, which it was, then the 9 can put it in when he wants.

If the ref shouts when the ball can go in when I believe the advantage is with the defending side

The ref should have no say in when the ball goes in. As long as the scrum is steady, which it was, then the 9 can put it in when he wants.

If the ref shouts when the ball can go in when I believe the advantage is with the defending side

Rules were changed so that that did not happen......the ref used to say "Right 9" but now signals to the 9 or taps him on the back when he can put the ball in!

I honestly cant see THAT aussie team beating these guys at home. Infact im just about keen to go down to the TAB on that one!!

Really?? And what about the first half where Wallabies could make 200 points???!

Latest posts