• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Hurricanes v Cheetahs (Round 5)

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
140310034417845557.jpg

140310034427451809.jpg

140310034423919967.png

Teams named

HURRICANES:
James Marshall, Alapati Leiua, Conrad Smith (c), Hadleigh Parkes, Julian Savea, Beauden Barrett, Chris Smylie, Blade Thomson, Ardie Savea, Faifili Levave, Mark Reddish, Jeremy Thrush, Jeffery Toomaga-Allen, Dane Coles, Ben Franks. Reserves: Motu Matu'u, Chris Eves, John Schwalger, James Broadhurst, Jack Lam, TJ Perenara, Matt Proctor, Marty Banks

CHEETAHS: Willie le Roux, Cornal Hendricks, Johann Sadie, Francois Venter, Raymond Rhule, Johan Goosen, Sarel Pretorius, Philip van der Walt, Lappies Labuschagne, Boom Prinsloo, Francois Uys, Lodewyk de Jager, Maks van Dyk, Adriaan Strauss (c ), Caylib Ooshuizen. Reserves: Ryno Barnes, Trevor Nyakane, Rossouw de Klerk, Andries Ferreira, Jean Cook, Shaun Venter, Elgar Watts, Hennie Daniller

Finally! Ardie Savea starts a game!. He got into the pants of the daughter of the Hurricanes Head Coach? I don't understand why he has had so few opportunities, where any Canes backrow isn't untouchable. He should have more opportunities in the starting XV.

Finally! Ardie Savea starts a game!. He got into the pants of the daughter of the Hurricanes Head Coach? I don't understand why he has had so few opportunities, where any Canes backrow isn't untouchable. He should have more opportunities in the starting XV.

Not a lot of people can understand what Mark Hammett is doing, with the way he's managing Ardie Savea's game time ... I think he was trying to compensate for the loss of Victor Vito, and Brad Shields (injuries), by try to play heavier players, as Ardie is still growing/trying to bulk up a bit, but, as the Cheetahs generally play an expansive game, perhaps he is finally playing him for extra speed to the breakdown etc

Well, if it is not close to being over already then I'd say the Hurricanes season is done if they lose tonight! There are so many things I don't like about this (my) team I wont even get started. They should really win this one this arvo, but I will not be holding my breath. Hell if the Rebels can beat the Cheetahs by 20 then the Canes really should too. TAB got the Canes at 8 point favs, my gut says the Canes win but don't cover. My head says they could possibly even lose! Guess we will know in a few hours!

Why TJ Perenara isn't in the starting team??

Coach benched him

Yeah I know but the question is: Why???? Tiredness? A small injury? I don't understand how someone can put an old Scrum-half (+ 30) when the team has one of the best NZ Scrum-half

Yeah I know but the question is: Why???? Tiredness? A small injury? I don't understand how someone can put an old Scrum-half (+ 30) when the team has one of the best NZ Scrum-half
Have a read of those articles I posted bro. Answer is there. You didn't watch the Canes v Brumbies huh?

Speak of the devil. Just switched on the game to see Smylie make a very good turn over.

Haha looks like it is going to be one of "those" games. 7 - 0 Hurricanes in the blink of an eye has just become 7-10 Cheetahs!

Anyone can have a bad game, he's still one of the best
You asked the question, I just gave you the answer.
The thing you need to contextualize Conrad, is that the Canes have had a horror start and they needed to make some changes. TJ and the Canes played poorly last week, so Hammett thought he would give Smylie a crack along with 6 other changes. TJ will have to work to get his position back, but no doubt he will, as you say he is a good player. Smylie is having a good game though, so maybe a good a call by Hammett.

This is a crazy game!!! Really worth staying up to watch this game. (Here is 01:06 am)

Latest posts