• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Hurricanes v Cheetahs (Round 5)

Nice work canes, totally schooled the cheetahs. What happened to the cheetahs of last year?

It's like SA got their big cats confused - the Lions are playing like the Cheetahs and the Cheetahs are playing like the Lions.

das

Great game by the Canes. I reckon the Cheetahs will not manage to get at the same level of rugby they produced last year. Pity

Overpriced? How much is a ticket for a Super Rugby's game?

It's not so much the price of the ticket alone I was getting at, rather 1) the overall cost of going, i.e. transport, parking, paying $7.5 for a crappy beer, crap expensive food.... but more importantly 2) value for money! If you go and watch a Chiefs game I reckon you could be at least 95% sure they are going to put in a solid performance, can you say that about the Canes? No way, probably about 65% of the time you come away from that stadium and the Canes have been rubbish. I don't just mean losing, but I mean under-performing. And that strikes to the core of what Canes fans are so upset and despondent about; a poorly managed franchise, which is poorly coached, have lost many of the key/star players, can't/won't invest in their youth toi the extent you'd expect, recruit poorly, and on the field have been a massive disappointment for many years.

For those reasons I believe going to watch the Canes at the caketin is overpriced. If it were me I would make kids a gold coin entry and I would reduce the cheapest adult tickets to $10. Market the heck out of it and try and fill up at least half the stadium this year. Then hopefully the atmosphere returns a bit, and then the real work is to find a way to start winning. If they do that, the crowds will return!

Loved this game! Look my German girlfriend to it and it was her first game. Got some nice Corporate Box seats and was a huge amount of fun to watch! Bravo Canes! Finally did not dissappoint me.

Loved this game! Look my German girlfriend to it and it was her first game. Got some nice Corporate Box seats and was a huge amount of fun to watch! Bravo Canes! Finally did not dissappoint me.
They certainly looked great with ball in hand. I hope they continue with that kind of mentality, rather than trying to turn themselves into something they are not, which I would argue coaches have tried to do with the Canes in the past. The Canes attack speaks for itself. Now time to work on the D a little bit!
Congrats to the Canes, good win. Now time to string a couple together!

Has anyone commented on the funny blooper regarding Conrad's jersey and lack of a number? Apparently he got presented his commemorative jersey (for his 100th) pre game, but he was so excited he wore it, not realizing his playing jersey was in his locker. That''s why when he rocked out in the first half his jersey didn't have a number on the back! Came out in the second half with his #13 jersey on :)

Latest posts