• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Crusaders v Chiefs (Round 2)

Anyways... Pretty average half of rugby.

Yeah, I'm kinda mad at myself for deleting the Cheetahs/Lions match off my DVR to make room for this one. That SA match was far more thrilling than this one.

Disappointed, too, with the amount of yellow cards given out. No need for the lack of discipline from the top teams this early on.

AND...while I typed that 7 points to the 'Saders. The game is on!

das

Big chance here for the Crusaders. Afeaki and Retallick off with concussion after a head-clash...

Who was just carried off for leg cramp? (I was out of the room making hot cocoa... Mmmmmm... :) )

Things have picked up a bit, but still would like to see some brilliance from the Crusaders before the end. Shame they lost so many points through missed kicks.

das

Matt Todd making a good impact from the bench with his ball running. 5 mins to go - can the Chiefs hold-on?

He was committed to tackling the player off the ball? I think the ref was more than justified in penalizing him for that - I don't think it would have matter who he did it too...

Yeah the ref got it right. I have seen players bump into each other like that off the ball and just get back to their positions but because Ritchie got smashed it was pulled up. Sometimes if it looks bad it'll be pulled up, if not it'll be let go.

And Lowe scores from an intercept....and Cruden nails the kick. Crusaders get no points from the game after dominating almost the whole match.

Crusaders started off slow last year, but at least they seem more enthusiastic this year than at the start of last season. Just gotta work on that kicking. They would have won this one had the ball gone over a few more times.

das

there is just something about this chiefs side, they had every excuse just to give up and let it slip, I honestly think any other team would do just that. Just let it go, its ok to lose one game, the crusaders are a tough side to beat at home so easy to just relax and let it go. Its just one game, half the side are walking wounded with freak injuries.

it will be a long time till a team matches this defensive effort. This game was more intense than most finals knockout games.

Fruen looks the real deal, maybe his best game ever on defense. Every season the chiefs make signings out of the blue that turn out to be absolute gold. Is Fruen the big one for 2014?
Ive said it many times before that I thought that Cruden has been carrying a knee injury since the world cup final that has been holding him back, hes had it heavily taped for a long long time. He actually looked like he was finally free of it tonight and had an extra yard of speed.
Messam big big game on defense.

crazy game... yes the crusaders missed 7 penalties but none of them were sitters they were all tricky.

Last edited:
Its been mentioned already but Tim Nani-Willams has really packed on the mass in the off season looks like a beast now hope it doesn't slow him down much, even if it dose he'd still be one of the quicker players around.

Lets see how he does at full back As the season progresses .Israel Dagg has dropped off a bit . It could be an opportunity to stake a claim for the all blacks.

there is just something about this chiefs side, they had every excuse just to give up and let it slip, I honestly think any other team would do just that. Just let it go, its ok to lose one game, the crusaders are a tough side to beat at home so easy to just relax and let it go. Its just one game, half the side are walking wounded with freak injuries.

it will be a long time till a team matches this defensive effort. This game was more intense than most finals knockout games.

Fruen looks the real deal, maybe his best game ever on defense. Every season the chiefs make signings out of the blue that turn out to be absolute gold. Is Fruen the big one for 2014?
Ive said it many times before that I thought that Cruden has been carrying a knee injury since the world cup final that has been holding him back, hes had it heavily taped for a long long time. He actually looked like he was finally free of it tonight and had an extra yard of speed.
Messam big big game on defense.

crazy game... yes the crusaders missed 7 penalties but none of them were sitters they were all tricky.

I am a big fan of fruen. He is definitely a better player than his good mate crotty who is an all black . Good players and particularly explosive players with big frames such as fruen are noticed a lot more than others.Hence when they deliver performances that are satisfactory they are rather-deemed to be poor. Hopefully with his increased fitness levels he can deliver outstanding performances more consistently.

Latest posts