• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 6 Nations: Wales vs Scotland (Round 5)

the only thing which i would argue about that red card is that owen farrell did the same to one off the irish players clearly even though that he didn't get him in the head but it was uncalled for and atleast should have been a yellow thats all that i would argue but yes it was a red card

Owen Farrell's one was a maybe yellow, but not as bad as hogg's cause he didnt shoulder charge the guys face

Must say, did not read it like that....I think he was saying he is not a dirty player but caught doing something wrong, has apologised to all concerned (thus admitting his guilt) and is in a dark place.....?

I dont think it's worth overthinking, certainly not something Stuart Hogg should fester on. It was just a big brain explosion from a normally well disciplined player. Its not right, but it does happen on a rugby fields when players just cross the line and do something out of character. I dont see Hogg doing something like that again for the rest of his career.
The important thing is that Hogg recognises how stupid n dangerous the thing he did was, he's apologised for it, now he needs to accept whatever ban he gets n move forward

I dont think it's worth overthinking, certainly not something Stuart Hogg should fester on. It was just a big brain explosion from a normally well disciplined player. Its not right, but it does happen on a rugby fields when players just cross the line and do something out of character. I dont see Hogg doing something like that again for the rest of his career.
The important thing is that Hogg recognises how stupid n dangerous the thing he did was, he's apologised for it, now he needs to accept whatever ban he gets n move forward
i suppose your right, i dont see hogg doing something like that in his career again. i think hogg didn't realise he was going into that he was just coming in at full blast at biggar and just didn't realise he was going to do something like that

Must say, did not read it like that....I think he was saying he is not a dirty player but caught doing something wrong, has apologised to all concerned (thus admitting his guilt) and is in a dark place.....?

What do you think about Phil Cringle (Scotland U-20)?

Scotland really needs a serious change. In the 2015 World Cup, Scotland must beat Samoa, Japan, and USA or Uruguay. I am really worrying about exit in the pool stage 2 times in a row.

yeah honestly I think they're going too far with the Hogg thing. It was definitely unnecessary and he did definitely follow through with the motion, could've avoided it with utter ease, but right now they're just making an example out of him...

yeah honestly I think they're going too far with the Hogg thing. It was definitely unnecessary and he did definitely follow through with the motion, could've avoided it with utter ease, but right now they're just making an example out of him...
I think the panel got it just about right.It was a nasty incident that could have resulted in serious injury but Hogg has a good disciplinary record until now and was very apologetic and remorseful so I think 3 weeks is fair.

Latest posts