• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup Jerseys

Hey guys, great World Cup kits i am just wondering if its possible to download these kits to replace the 2007 world cup jerseys in rugby 08?

at least ireland didnt stick with canterbury , they would have ruined our kits just like they have to the other kits they make

like the Japanese one

USA looks like a tshirt. would prefer it if it had more red and blue on it.

russian jersey looks ok.

I don't think England wearing a black away jersey is going to make a difference.
If the ABs end up playing them, they'll both just wear their first choice kits.

I was more wondering how the English feel about possibly waering black more than just when there is a clash, moving away from their traditional colour

Its weird how the welsh kit is growing on me. Quite like the under armour on the neck bit. Still won't buy it for 90 quid, but im sure it'll look quite cool on TV :p

Typical Pom bashing in that article - Then again, it is Stuff.co,uk

Every country seems to be getting a black kit this year, seems to be the done thing.Unlikely they'll get worn for the most part.

That said, I'd me more likely to buy a black kit then the white one for myself. That's a personal thing however (same as I preferred the "Anthracite" kit they've just abandoned)

Agree on all points -

Who gives a **** if England wear black?

I also tend to get the "change" shirts rather than the white ones too

Some of the Welsh kit looks great, the red/black training top in particular: might get one of those

I just read that article - absolutely ridiculous! They make out that no-one else in the world, ever, is allowed to wear black. Funny that they asked Ali Williams and he didn't give a s**t, because it doesn't matter. I wouldn't care in the slightest if Wales, Ireland or Scotland chose their away kit as white, and I believe Ireland and Scotland have that now. This article just smacks of Daily Mail-esq "lets just bash something because we're annoyed about, even though it may be completely legitimate and practical".

Also the last sentence made me laugh: "France wore a blue jersey some believed had been darkened in a deliberate move to force the All Blacks out of their iconic strip into the alternate jersey"

Drama_prairie_dog.gif

Give me a break...​

Its weird how the welsh kit is growing on me. Quite like the under armour on the neck bit. Still won't buy it for 90 quid, but im sure it'll look quite cool on TV :p

Yeah Welsh kits always grow on me too, no matter how much I hated them to start with! I bought the last away shirt (before this one) in the tight-fitting match style for £30 on Lovell-Rugby recently, so it is worth waiting to let the price drop! :)

Every country seems to be getting a black kit this year, seems to be the done thing.Unlikely they'll get worn for the most part.

That said, I'd me more likely to buy a black kit then the white one for myself. That's a personal thing however (same as I preferred the "Anthracite" kit they've just abandoned)

I didn't know New Zealand owned the colour black; just proves how narrow-minded some of them can be.

That article was embarrasing.
Its like England are the only team wearing black as an away shirt in the world cup.
Im sure Wales and Canada are also wearing black!
When NZ wore the white away jersey did england take it as a personal attack on our culture!
Blooming heck, what a load of rubbish!
They must be getting ready the excuses for when they fail once again to reach the World cup final!
England only have to wear alternate tops against Fiji, Argentina and USA anyway.

I saw the Scotland jersey yesterday, it was so nice I was gonna buy it on the spot.

Agree on all points -

Who gives a **** if England wear black?

I find it remarkable that a lot of England fans seems to have so little pride in their jersey, that they just roll over and allow this to happen without protest...a black jersey with red trim... whatever next, a purple jersey... oops, they used that already. How about a red and yellow jersey... oh dear, thats been used as well!!.

I can tell you what would happen if the NZRU decided that the All Blacks would wear green or blue jerseys.... bloody revolution!! The hideous silver jerseys they wore in 2007 ****** a lot of fans off, so much so that those jerseys were never worn again, and the alternate strip has been redesigned back to the traditional white with black shorts.

Earlier this year, there was serious suggestion that the All Blacks would have a red fern on their black jerseys instead of the usual silver fern; in solidarity with Canterbury as it copes with its earthquake troubles. There was universal outrage among NZ rugby fans... mostly from Canterbury, and the whole thing was dropped.

Latest posts