• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup Jerseys

ireland will probaly only use the away kit once in the wc and thats if the end up playing south africa in the quarters if they avoid facing sa they mightnt even use the away one.

Really wish they'd left the Ireland jersey alone, but they were never going to I suppose. Really liked the recent one. On the plus side, might be able to get it on the cheap now though.

The Ireland home one is fine apart form the neck bit, the away one is nice I'd rather that was out home home one(but green)

9811.jpg

9813.jpg

3331820-george_home_hi_275_345.jpg

3331888-george_away_hi_275_345.jpg

Two questions

1. Why is it that Wales and England what to use BLACK as their alternate strip? What the hell does black have to do with Wales anyway. Its almost like they are trying to be "wannabe" All Blacks. I thought Wales' colours were red, white, green.

2. Whatever happened to Wales original alternate strip of Green with Red collar and cuffs and Red shorts?

Two questions

1. Why is it that Wales and England what to use BLACK as their alternate strip? What the hell does black have to do with Wales anyway. Its almost like they are trying to be "wannabe" All Blacks. I thought Wales' colours were red, white, green.

2. Whatever happened to Wales original alternate strip of Green with Red collar and cuffs and Red shorts?

:huh:

Navy, [strike]Navy[/strike] "Anthracite" & Purple, I recall.

When have they used black?

Two questions

The last away shirt for Wales was navy the old white, green and red kit hasnt been around in ages.. Also the black has to do with the first Welsh kit being black iirc at leat that was the reason given for the 125th anniversary shirt being black a few years back so it has something to do with Wales it aint just "herp derp lets all copy New Zeland" Imo the best change or away kit for wales is the yellow one (with Brains Gold as sponsor) or the "current" one (WC and upto 2013 one)

Not trying to be All Blacks at all-
Like TrueSlawter said, we used black for the 125th anniversary kit, which was based off the older kits.
We can also claim black throughGlyndŵr's flag, which was on the sleeve of the Yellow one IIRC.

The French should have just stuck with their previous kit. Nicer, and it already didn't have a logo on the front.

There's never been any logo anyway on French shirts. They do like in football, no sponsor brand name allowed on nation side jerzeys.

They made up for it with the Maori top though
True, although I never had a big problem with it as they made a real effort with the watermark design, the anniversary kit was universally lovedbas far as I have heard

The New Over designed RFU Shirt for the upcoming World Cup!!!!!!
EnglandRugbyWCHome.jpg
As for the Alternative Shirt, just imagine this shirt in BLACK.

If there's a long sleeve version, I might get it. T-shirts that look like the jerseys should be more common.

Yeah there's no way that's the England jersey :p

I reckon the home nation ones will grow on us - the only thing i'll never get my head around is Scotland's y-front shorts...

Don't hate the Australian away jersey as much as everyone else but do wonder why we bother having one. Romania are the only other team that wear yellow and we aren't playing them. Seems a waste of time designing and creating one...

Latest posts