• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Woosaahs Rugasmic 06 Roster Editor

Its not right til your in front. You do all the good work around here my good man.

So, what am I doing wrong with your latest version of your roster? Every time I go into teams, theres nothing to click to save changes I have made to team characteristics. Also, does changing team attributes affect the overall teams momentum or performance?

hmm for the teams... (fires up program) get ready for instructions...

Choose your team, play with the line up and such. change all the characteristics etc, then click set starting line up, i hvae done it this way for some reason, i cant remember that reason but its around in my head somewhere, anyway chose your starting lineup and click save (just click save if you dont want any changes) this will change the stats to what you changed them to as well.

Also you might get a msgbox pop up after each player has been added into the team, thats my bad ill fix that. also i might fix up some other little errors i have found on the team cration thing and make it look a ltitle neater as it looks big and unprofesional. i wish i could design layouts of programs alot better :(

It's top-knotch Woosaah. Although in the Teams screen I can't find a Save, only a Save in the main screen. I can only exit the teams screen by clicking the X in the top-right.

yeah i should have an exit button, ill add that in tonight. to save you will need to set starting line up in the bottom left somewhere then save team.

just like that.

ill add in a save team function as well somewhere but i have to keep a constant just in case the team has changed if it has i will need to set starting lineup first or it wont work :)

also of all my 3000 lines of code (more than that thats just a rough estimate from looking) its hard to sift through it all.

i didnt have a clue i had writen so much code for this program o_O

Cool. You have done a lot of work, mate. Its quite a feat of programming.

Ive always wondered, what does "o_O" mean, lol.

its like having bung eyes :) i do it alot, well have done lately. i used to do alot of smily faces but have cut that down alot :D

Hi, this editor really is a wonderful piece of coding so thanks a lot!!!

But I was wondering, how do I edit another roster file that I have. There doesn't seem to be a "open roster" button or something (or maybe i am missing something lol)

Hi, this editor really is a wonderful piece of coding so thanks a lot!!!

But I was wondering, how do I edit another roster file that I have. There doesn't seem to be a "open roster" button or something (or maybe i am missing something lol) [/b]
you can either open the setup.dat in a text editor like notepad etc and change the location to the roster file you want or you can just delete the setup.dat completely and reopen the editor and it'll make you search for the .ros and rugby06.exe again either way works fine

ill add an option for that as well, remember this is like a beta or something, and i am only adding options that the people want. its pretty half assed but i do add stuff in if i get asked.

i am going to add in an option to copy over some other player, that might be in the new version in a week or two.

Can anyone help me find suitable faces in Rugby '06 for Grant Fox, David Campese and Andrew Mehrtens?

I've not found anyone that close yet to put the faces in for these classic players that I am hoping to add.

Call me what you will, I want the answers!

Whom are the best players to use, loyal TRFers???

Call me what you will, I want the answers!

Whom are the best players to use, loyal TRFers???
[/b]

26500 is the face they made for Mehrtens. Not teribly accurate and he looks bald except for in replays.

Nice job - but there are a LOT of bugs in the editor - for example - add a new player to a team - choose set starting line up - add this player to the team and it will not save!

Also it is LONDON Wasps not Longon... :p

Also it would be better if when editing the teams - the players from that team are not available in the list of players available to swap - also would be nice if the list was in Alphabetical order as well..

I cannot edit the teams at all - replacing M Dawson with H Ellis and then trying to set the starting line up - produces a 'kicker not in team' error...which considering I don't touch A.King is a strange error.

I would love to know how to read in this data so I could have a go myself in developing a editor (I am a reasonable Delphi developer).

this is information about all the data in some of the other threads have a look, sorry about hte bugs, but i know there are some i just made the editor, its a beta, and i expected people to tell me the bugs so i would fix them

i hardly even used it to begin with.

I found that error too, with the team line-ups.. the key is to just add and take away all the players to update your team and then save it as it is, unless it has 2 players listed in the starting and or subs bench. You can change all of that in the game's squad management.

This editor is quite amazing.. the only qualm i would have is that when you get two players with the same name.. i.e Anitelea Tuilagi and Alesana they both come up as A.Tuilagi and this can be difficult to find who is who when picking them in the editor.. especially the welsh.. i think i chose a hooker for my fly-half..

Hey Woosah your roster doesn't contain all the commentary names. There are quite a few missing around the 2000 mark. You can find the rest of them by going into the audio folder and clicking the dat_eng BIG file.

Or I could send you the full commentary file thingy.

Latest posts