• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

I've read the book three times, watch the Chamberlain show once and done an entire LARP (yes I'm a sad git) inspired on it.

It's very much my jam.
Do you know if it's an episode a week or are they releasing them all in one go? Disney is usually once a week but seeing as you seem to be this shows number 1 fan I thought you'll probably know.

Do you know if it's an episode a week or are they releasing them all in one go? Disney is usually once a week but seeing as you seem to be this shows number 1 fan I thought you'll probably know.
Once a week but 2 episodes first.

That's not a bad idea because the opening chapters are "rough".

For those who don't know the story is controversial but mainly by people who haven't read it all because I don't think I've seen argument against that aligns what's portrayed over the entire book. the issue is its written from the perspective of 16th Century Englishman who encountering Japanese society for the first time. As such his initial views are extremely racist and derogatory but over over the course of the narrative he learns the culture he begins to understand it and confront his prejudices but the first chapters do not portray the Japanese fuedal lords in good light at all.

It also is argued it has a white savior story but that's just nonsense there is only one moment where the the protagonist actually 'saves' someone and its definitely not the conclusion to the story.

Akira Kurosawa & Toshiro Mifune fell out big time because Mifune elected to be the Chamberlain version so its not universally hated in Japan but does divide opinion.

Watching Masters of The Air but it's not really doing it for me.

Like Marvel does WWII

Watching Masters of The Air but it's not really doing it for me.

Like Marvel does WWII
Oh wow, that's out? Will give it a try just because it's been created by some of the same people who did Band of Brothers but the trailer didn't exactly fill me with hope. "Like Marvel does WWII" was pretty much exactly what I thought after seeing it.

1708509785751.png

Very good show. I enjoyed 8 of the 9 episodes in season one. It's been renewed for a second season, but Paramount + recently cut 400 jobs, so who knows?

Last edited:
The outtakes of him talking about guaranteeing women at least one orgasm then taking a big bite out of a scotch egg are legendary

RIP

Last saw him in Afterlife and he was absolutely massive in that. So not surprised really. RIP.

Oh wow, that's out? Will give it a try just because it's been created by some of the same people who did Band of Brothers but the trailer didn't exactly fill me with hope. "Like Marvel does WWII" was pretty much exactly what I thought after seeing it.
It's five episodes in and it's starting to pick up as it's moving away from just the bombing raids.

It's five episodes in and it's starting to pick up as it's moving away from just the bombing raids.
I'm enjoying it too. Started slowly but picked up nicely by Episode3. The CGI effects are superb.
But not a nod to the RAF, making anyone unaware think the US Airforce did it all on their own.
It's rare any collaboration between Spielberg and Hanks fails and this is no exception.

Just finished first two episodes yup they've pretty much nailed it.
Yeah, I ended up watching the second episode as well and am really enjoying it. Thinking about trying to forget about it for the next couple of months so I can binge it all over a weekend.

Yeah, I ended up watching the second episode as well and am really enjoying it. Thinking about trying to forget about it for the next couple of months so I can binge it all over a weekend.
Honestly I prefer this method it ceates more buzz and excitement.

The Macau plotline is new, well expanded but I'm hoping its mainly there to increase the threat Blackthorne represents to the Jesuits. In the book their making **** tons off the black ship and essentially leveraging massively on Japanese as their sole Western trading partner. If Blackthrone is allowed to survive and more trading partners open that lucrativity from a monopoly disappears.

The religious angle is still there but reality its about money.

Watched an episode and a half of shogun and really like it so far.

Very well made, good to look at. Plot is a very interesting piece of history.

Latest posts