• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What book are you currently reading?

Not long finished Ryan Giggs Autobiography, now 3/4 way through Martyn Williams the magnificent seven, would recommend both, 2 great welsh sportsman

In a few months I'll be reading the debut from some bellend called Matt Weir....

Twilight ...........

JK I would not read that garbage ..one plus side is its rather absorbant :p

at the moment not much reading being done but to me the best books are Bernard cornwells warlord chronicles...utter brilliance if anyone gets the chance they should definately buy them if they have any interest in the realities of dark age Britan crossed with a bit arthurian legend.

Awesome series, as well as his Grail Quest series. Honestly, all his books are great.

I just finished reading "Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell. The man is a very good writer and researcher. The book is about people's strange ability to make decisions in a second as if they had thought about it for a week. Another great book by the same author is called "The Tipping Point", which is about social epidemics and how they start and spread. I am waiting for someone to come out with abook about solomon obstfeld, the investor millionaire who ended up dead.

Last edited:
I just finished reading "Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell. The man is a very good writer and researcher. The book is about people's strange ability to make decisions in a second as if they had thought about it for a week. Another great book by the same author is called "The Tipping Point", which is about social epidemics and how they start and spread.
I read the Tipping Point. He's an interesting writer, and alot of financial market analysts quote him to flog product, but I didn't find much insight. Marketing psychology from a fresh angle.

Any fans of The Big Sleep? Inspired The Big Lebowski (which I don't get). The classic of private eye sleaze.

He's one of those writers I thought I should get, but never did. He killed his wife because he felt like it. Enough said.

Reading Satyricon - surviving bits of a novel written 2000 years ago by one of Nero's advisers. Kind of interesting, but no soul or insight on life, and the tone is nasty.

Hi all - I hope you'll forgive the intrusion but I wanted to share this book with you. It's a comic thriller about three people having three different days, on the same match day in Cardiff, which we published last year and are about to re-launch in time for the Six Nations. It's a cracking read and has had soem great reviews, and an epilogue has been commissioned by The Guardian. If you like rugby and you like a good book, you'll love this.

Cathy is a woman disappointed in life when her dream turns into a nightmare, and mires her with debt which she doesn't have a hope of paying off. Suddenly she is offered a chance of a new life in Australia, but first she must take a desperate gamble...

Martin is a bitter policeman with decades on the job, and a shameful secret in his past. He finds himself wrapped up in events that he could never have anticipated.

Leigh is a supporter; he just wants to get into see the match. Unfortunately he gets split up from his mate who has his ticket. He finds himself alone in a city full of sports fans. Now if he can only find a ticket...

Gradually these three people's paths collide, and none of their lives will be the same again...

sizeimage.aspx

Order a signed copy from: http://www.hirstpublishing.com/Match_Day_by_Darren_Floyd/p384445_1157024.aspx
Or come to our signing in Waterstones, Cardiff on Saturday Feb 5th

Currently reading Robbie Savage's Autobiography "Savage!", its an excellent read, quite funny and I love his honesty. Would definitely recommend it.

The Discoverie of Witchcraft - Reginald Scot, 1584. Half way through. Talks alot about the Witch of Endor. I can see where all the Hammer House of Horror movies come from. Most interesting thing is the end of the age of miracles - big protestant theme, also a nail in the coffin of christianity.

Finished the book 'Warm Bodies' by Isaac Marion.
A wonderful romantic story about Zombies and a totally different and original view on how we perceive the legend of the zombie.

Wonderful debut novel, i can't wait to see what he comes out with next.

all ROSS O'CARROL-KELLY books are a must read for all leinster fans hilarious

Legends of the lions

HI all just stared this book it was a gift from my son and is making for some good reading :)

Reading "The Bourne Identity" and well halfway through it now and must say it is alot better than the movie

Have the latest Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy on my phone, not go round to reading it yet. Hope its as delightfully silly as the others.

Latest posts