• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What book are you currently reading?

Just finished Carrie by Stephen King. A good read and went through it aloth more easilt than the shining. Currently dipping in and out of "WE" by Yevgeny Zamyatin and Empie of the Sun. Really should study

Busy with the Five Greatest Warriors by Matthew Reilly.

I love this author, writes some of the most awesome action sequences I've ever read.

This one isn't as good as six sacred stones, or Scarecrow ( along with Ice station, his best book in my opinion ), but it's still pretty awesome.

Just finished Carrie by Stephen King. A good read and went through it aloth more easilt than the shining. Currently dipping in and out of "WE" by Yevgeny Zamyatin and Empie of the Sun. Really should study

I once read through all the Stephen Kings that were available at the library, but I still never finished The Shining, which must still be lurking on some bookshelf around here. Never got that ^o)

Last book read was a play, Keane by Dumas, père, the best play I had to read for my theatre history course this time XD

Drood by Dan Simmons
Saw it in Waterstones when i was walking past, so picked it up on a whim, only a hundred or so pages in, but it's pretty good so far

You're doing it wrong buddy. Film will be unwatchable in 5 years, book has been a masterpiece for decades...

Edit: btw I am yet to see a movie besting the book from which it was adapted...

I prefered One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest the movie, than the Ken Kesley novel.

Y Gododdin An epic Welsh poem,as im a big history book fan.

Iceman: My Fighting Life - Chuck Liddell ... just finished it.

An ok read.

Is it worth the buy Cymro was looking at it

Its ok but stops a little short just after his loss to Keith Jardine at UFC 76 and to be fair does not go into any detail about that, it gets better towards the end of the book. Especially when he finally gets to fight in the UFC and participating in the Ultimate Fighter.

The start is quite boring I found. But the book is a good read, I say buy it and once you get past about 1/4 of the book you will like it.

The book chapters are only like 3 pages at a time. So good for a short read also.

I'm a syfi fanatic. I am reading the fifth book of the enormous Peter F. Hamilton's "Night's Dawn" series.

CS Lewis The Four Loves.

Love is a greater force than gravity or compound interest. I feel it, but don't understand it - so I decided to get some intellectual help. Sadly this book is not inspiring, and I really can't find anything else.

Suggestions?

Last edited:
Finished George RR Martin's "A Storm of Swords" surely one of the best fantasy series in existence, amazing books. Recommended for any fantasy reader, get them noooooow.

Going to pick up a Pratchett before I dive into the fourth book, don't want to read it too quickly.

Twilight ...........

JK I would not read that garbage ..one plus side is its rather absorbant :p

at the moment not much reading being done but to me the best books are Bernard cornwells warlord chronicles...utter brilliance if anyone gets the chance they should definately buy them if they have any interest in the realities of dark age Britan crossed with a bit arthurian legend.

That sounds like my cup of tea, will try them out.

Latest posts