• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Warm Up Match 3: Crusaders v British & Irish Lions (Christchurch)

Did Farrell really play at 13? Him and Sexton seemed to be playing 1st and 2nd receivers interchangeably and he was definitely defending the 12 channel when he missed that tackle leading to a break. From memory three tries were butchered by bad passes from Davies, Farrell and Te'o and it could be argued that Williams should have passed to Watson instead of chipping as well as CJ's knock on. Individual errors aren't a huge worry but you'd like a few tries in each game from now on to form a habit.

I didn't realise he was playing 13 at all, I just assumed he went to 12 and Teo to 13 which makes 1000 times more sense. (Disclaimer: I was on a Stag and already drinking at 930ak Spanish time). Thought he and Sexton looked really good together, took me from writing Sexton off as a starter to thinking maybe Sexton-Farrell-AN Other is the test midfield (not JD for me, but that's just a personal vendetta) - I'd really like to see Daly given a shot at some point soon, or if JJ suddenly starts looking properly dangerous in attack again that would be wonderful. If two playmakers is the way forward, North really needs to step up because you need a big linebreak threat in the midfield IMO.

Back row wise, I massively rate O'Mahony, despite being the most Irish person in the world, but he in a straight shoot out with Watburton and Warburton is captain. They won't both play I don't think because they're too similar and we'd have no close-quarters carrying there. For me Faletau is bailed-on, then it's Warburton Vs POM and Stander Vs SOB. My personal preference is Warbs-SOB-Faletau

Last edited:
Typical of you Tallshort.

Absolutely NO-ONE here is claiming that. You just made it up

Tallshort has a point SC.
Tone it down son, you come across like you ARE blaming the ref and it's sour grapes mate.
Come on son, you're better than that.
Or just don't post and hold your tongue until you've calmed down.
You're coming across like an Aussie.

Last edited:
The big issue for Lions now is Warburton is 6th or 7th on list bit will be included at the expense of POM Stander SOB or Tipuric.
Can't see Warburton being a 6 as he hasn't played there so think SOB will loose out.
If Warburton is in I think it'll be Stander Warbs and Faletau with Tipuric. Not ehat it should be but what Gatland will go with.

Tone it down son, you come across like you ARE blaming the ref and it's sour grapes mate.

For me the game didn't disappoint. I love the speed and skill of Super Rugby as well as the drama and intensity of the Six nations. They both have something to offer. Saturdays game lacked the tries, but it was close to having quite a few. Despite their backs being called terrible, the lions made 13 Clean Breaks against the Crusaders who themselves made 5. The game felt like a test match and had many of the nerves and wobbles that go along with it, with the Lions unable to put the last pass together and the crusaders dropping the ball and knocking it on uncharacteristically. In patches it lost its flow certainly, but overall it had a great deal of what is good and exciting in rugby. Super Rugby is not the only way this game is played.

The illegal wheeling call on the stroke of HT did it for me. He wasn't even on the correct side of the scrum to even see what happened. Just took a stupid guess and it made him look incompetent.

If you watch the replay you'll see what Moody was getting pinged for the whole game. He was boring into the side of Furlong, can't do that poppets. The French know their scrums, it's a huge part of their game.

If you watch the replay you'll see what Moody was getting pinged for the whole game. He was boring into the side of Furlong, can't do that poppets. The French know their scrums, it's a huge part of their game.

If they knew their scrums, then he would have pinged him for boring in. He didn't in the case being discussed.

The big issue for Lions now is Warburton is 6th or 7th on list bit will be included at the expense of POM Stander SOB or Tipuric.
Can't see Warburton being a 6 as he hasn't played there so think SOB will loose out.
If Warburton is in I think it'll be Stander Warbs and Faletau with Tipuric. Not ehat it should be but what Gatland will go with.
Warbs has played plenty at 6 for Wales and the Blues

The illegal wheeling call on the stroke of HT did it for me. He wasn't even on the correct side of the scrum to even see what happened. Just took a stupid guess and it made him look incompetent.
Have you heard the term 'Sour Grapes', it's what you have mate. The ref was spot on, your props were boring in, which is something you and some of your bad loser country men have in common, your props where boring and so are your comments, take it on the chin chap, God knows what you'll be like if you loose a test or two, I suggest you get your missus to hide all sharp objects.

Kiwis blaming a ref for losing a game? Whatever next

The Irish blaming a ref after losing a game? ;) Jaco Peyper (ref for the 1st Lions test, by the way), after the 21-9, loss in Dublin? The vitriol (if such it is) aimed at the French guy from yesterday, pales in comparison to what he copped after that game.
This isn't an attempt to start a flame war, by the way, just a bit of tongue in cheek fun, with the intent to point out that NZers get accused of a lot of things that other nations' supporters are equally guilty of. Which they quickly forget. :)

The Jones Boy said:

No. He doesn't. He made a completely false claim

Read my signature

Don't call me "son" you condescending little prat

If you meant that as an insult you missed. I like Aussies, they are an opponent to be respected... they are very competitive and don't take a backwards step. Pity more kiwis aren't like them.

Last edited:
No. He doesn't. He made a completely false claim

Read my signature

Don;t call me "son" you condescending little prat

If you meant that as an insult you missed. I like Aussies, they are an opponent to be respected... they are very competitive and don't take a backwards step. Pity more kiwis aren't like them.
So you didn't moan like twat about the ref then?

congratulations lions and gatland.
so what happens if the lions come here and they start learning from the preTest games?
answ: :they end up rolling the saders.
so what happens if they end up learning from the rest of the preTest games?
hmmm they could use this experiecnce to better themseleves and conceivably roll the ABs.
gatlands doing an awesome job of this tour to date and i imagine we will see an awesome lions come test time.
goodluck gatland.

GAMON ALL BLACKS!!!

Latest posts