• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v Ireland

Yeah, Jaw is a 12 no doubt.
I have heard that Peel looked pretty poor for Sale this weekend, so we might have to stick with Phillips. (No Knoyle, please)

09 Phillips
10 Hook
11 Williams
12 Roberts
13 Davies
14 Halfpenny
15 Byrne (Improving slowly)

20 Peel
21 S Jones
22 Stoddart/North

Thought Olyy said he looked decent :lol:

Oh, in that case Peel and Tav on the bench, just because I think he offers something new, instead of predictable old Phillips. I would still like to see Tav have a shot before the World Cup, though.

I fancy Wales to win with home advantage and for me Ireland haven't been very convincing in this year's Six Nations.

Play Roberts at 12 and Peel at 9 ;)

I have no idea why Gatland has been playing Davies 12-13 Roberts when they line up together. Both are natural 12's, but for me Davies has the better skillset to switch to 13, mainly due to his better pace. Roberts simply hasn't looked comfortouble at 13, although he was better against Scotland in that position.

I'd drop Phillips altogether. Tavis Knoyle is a similar kind of player, with similar strengths and weaknesses, but there is no way he could play as poorly as Phillips has recently. At least he's shown for the Scarlets that he's capable of making a few breaks around the fringes, something Phillips hasn't shown sinse the Italy game last season, and the Lions tour before that! Peel to start for me, he's the classy kind of scrum half we are despirate for, one that does the basics well, and more importantly makes the right decisions and doesn't needlessly kick the ball away. If Peel had been given the same amount of opporunities as Phillips has under Gatland, despite poor performances, I think he'd still be up there with the best. Dropping Phillips would also be the best thing for him aswell, he needs to learn that he has to perform in order to claim the shirt. Ospreys should bench him aswell, especially considering Webb's recent form.

So crazy it might work ha but was browsing net and see calls for Sexton at 12 and ROG at 10.

So crazy it might work ha but was browsing net and see calls for Sexton at 12 and ROG at 10.

As much as thats sounds so intriguing. Kidney hasn't been able to drop D'Arcy for P.Wallace or McFadden let alone someone who doesn't even play 12. Last year the BOD and Earls combe worked well but can Earls be trusted defensively in midfield? Also last TOL was brilliant and created so many tries and defended well. WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM????

Adam Jones could be fit for this match, which would certainly be a nice addition.
Mitchell to bench and Yapp can go away.

Adam Jones could be fit for this match, which would certainly be a nice addition.
Mitchell to bench and Yapp can go away.

No need to risk Adam in my opinion, let Mitchell carry on a decent job he has done.

No need to risk Adam in my opinion, let Mitchell carry on a decent job he has done.
Mitchell has done a good job so far, and shouldn't have a problem with Ireland.
I do think Adam will be needed against France, who have a more powerful scrum than the Irish.

I'd start Halfpenny over Stoddart this week, and give George North at least one more week with the Scarlets before possibly including him.

Mitchell has done a good job so far, and shouldn't have a problem with Ireland.
I do think Adam will be needed against France, who have a more powerful scrum than the Irish.

I'd start Halfpenny over Stoddart this week, and give George North at least one more week with the Scarlets before possibly including him.

True the French have been strong but remember Mitchell did a good job against England, need to test him against powerful scrums to see how good he really is.

True the French have been strong but remember Mitchell did a good job against England, need to test him against powerful scrums to see how good he really is.

I don't doubt that he can hold his own, but we will need someone like Adam up front, as I us with a good chance of winning that match. If anything, I'd at least have Adam on the bench, in case things don't go as planned with Craig.
I definitely see Craig going down to New Zealand in September, along with Paul James. (What a relief it is to have a backup tighthead, compared to 18 months ago when Paul James was a shock call up!)

Hate to say it, but I think ROG is still the key. If we can take him out of the game (legally, of course) then I fancy our chances. But if he's allowed to get in a few early rangefinders, then he'll peg us back all match, and we're toast. I'm completely sick of ROG and his last-minute drop-goals. I DON'T advocate foul play but I hope the whole team are told to tackle ROG as hard as possible, as often as possible.

The other option is to get to 80 minutes more than a score in front.... Pffft! Yeah, right...

Hate to say it, but I think ROG is still the key. If we can take him out of the game (legally, of course) then I fancy our chances. But if he's allowed to get in a few early rangefinders, then he'll peg us back all match, and we're toast. I'm completely sick of ROG and his last-minute drop-goals. I DON'T advocate foul play but I hope the whole team are told to tackle ROG as hard as possible, as often as possible.

The other option is to get to 80 minutes more than a score in front.... Pffft! Yeah, right...

If we consider ourselves a half-decent side than we should be able to deal with ROG. We should have a good advantage in the scrums (if the refs allow us to scrummage) and we can build off of that.

What I would pick:
01 Paul James
02 Matthew Rees (C)
03 Craig Mitchell
04 Bradley Davies
05 Alun Wyn Jones
06 Dan Lydiate
07 Sam Warburton
08 Ryan Jones
09 Dwayne Peel
10 James Hook
11 Shane Williams
12 Jamie Roberts (He is an inside centre, pick him there)
13 Jonathan Davies (Better attacker than Jaw)
14 Leigh Halfpenny
15 Lee Byrne (Improving... slightly)

16 Richard Hibbard
17 Adam Jones/John Yapp
18 Jonathan Thomas
19 Josh Turnbull
20 Mike Phillips
21 Stephen Jones
22 Morgan Stoddart/George North

wales are shite we should win comfortabley england should of hammered wales but paid for their lack of ability to finish.

@ DRAGGS. you did a great job of stopping him in 2009 didnt u ? hahahah ;)

Latest posts