• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v Ireland

According to one of the local shows here, Ireland kicked the ball away 51 times. 51 ******* times :)

I actually have no problem with the loss, I've no problem with some of the performances, I've no real problem with the Welsh try ................ I have a serious problem with that statistic though.

Incidently Wales kicked it over 40 times, though Hook and Byrne kicked it a lot more accurately and longer. This is what I was getting at earlier. If either team tried this against semi decent opposition in a meaningful match they would be run off the park.
If at first you don't succeed, try and try again.

If this is Declan Kidney's expressed open game plan, how f'n boring would Ireland be if they reverted to a kicking game?!

The problem is that the iRB are too gutless to allow it. Instead, they allow for the possibility of game changing mistakes to be made, and hanging their officials out to dry.
Unfortunately that will happen. Peter Allan's credibility is shot because of one human error. If a TMO could intervene, this issue would be swept under the carpet.

Again though I don't want that to sound like an excuse. Ireland blew the game by not taking easy chances and playing puke, redundant, old fashioned rugby.

aspjpeg_resize.asp

too ******* right.................................

Ah, such space
Earls probably would've been tackled but he had a better chance than Wallace (unless Wallace intended to draw Hook in and pop it up to whoever it is on his right (BOD?) who can then pass to Earls)
Costly error anyway and I bet he's not going to enjoy watching that back

Olyy it was impossible for Earls to miss had he got the pass as he had way too much space and was too close to line to be caught and held up. But in fairness no point sulking because we didn't deserve the win

I dunno, if Hook just runs straight on he's got a good chance of nudging Earls into the touchline
As you said though, no point in would haves and could haves now

Earls is a flyer though. If Wallace had given it, and Earls failed to score then I would not be happy with Earls.

Still maybe its all for the best. We've been exposed as the incredibly average side we are, there is still some time to bring in fresh blood.

I think he wanted to go inside to give an easier conversion to Sexton (which they really needed for the win as 5 points would still leave them empty-handed)

Earls is a flyer though. If Wallace had given it, and Earls failed to score then I would not be happy with Earls.

Still maybe its all for the best. We've been exposed as the incredibly average side we are, there is still some time to bring in fresh blood.

C'Mon. D'Arcy played five four shite matches in a row and Paddy Wallace has proved he's cack off the bench. We need four matches of Walalce being cack and D'Arcy to be shite off the bench before McFadden or anyone worth a go is given a chance, We have to be realistic about this. Spence will be in his mid thirties before he's blooded and five years from now Craig Gilroy will have 126 trys in 125 matches and will be on the A team bench...

THIS IS IRELAND!!!!

I think he wanted to go inside to give an easier conversion to Sexton (which they really needed for the win as 5 points would still leave them empty-handed)

We all know what he was thinking, But id he'd just fixed the man infront of him Earls would have had the space to give him the same angle. And Paddy Wallace should know he's ****.

Regardless of him trying to give an easier conversion Wallace shouldve secured 5 points before thinking ahead

Again... How was Kaplan suppose to see that? That's what the assistant-referees are for.

Latest posts