• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v France

I'm glad we beat France into 3rd place because they didn't really derserve anything better after playing a second string team in their first four matches.

[/b]

True but the coaches had a very good reason to do so, and that is the tour to Oz where the players of the 4 better teams won't be available.

About the game, we could never win with

-Skrela: I hope everyone agrees now this guy is useless. Slow, undecisive and most importantly crumbles evrytime under pressure. Last time in Blue I think.
-Traille-Jauzion centre pairing: the worse pairing of the tournament (for France). Too similar players, no balance at all. What we need is Jauzion/Fritz at least. I'd like to see Michalak at 10, Trinh-Duc at 12 and Heymans at 13.

I think Floch got himself the fullback spot. He was clean, good positionning, good clearing kicks.

lmfaoooooooo at that article lolzz

that new york times acrticle is f***ing hillarious, just read it now...

does he have any idea what hes talking about :S

Lora, give us a link to the article, would you?

<div class='quotemain'>I wish i could post something relevant regarding the rugby but i just can't seem to remember enough.
Will have to watch it again. :p
[/b]
Watch the anthems, then catch Charlotte comforting Hook's girlfriend during a penalty kick at around 15 mins, skip the rest of the first half and fast forward to Williams try, scrum on 65 mins, Jones run, Williams try. Repeat ad nauseam.
[/b][/quote]

:lol:

From what I can remember, Hook's girlfriend isn't even that much of a looker!

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>I wish i could post something relevant regarding the rugby but i just can't seem to remember enough.
[/b]
Watch the anthems, then catch Charlotte comforting Hook's girlfriend during a penalty kick at around 15 mins, skip the rest of the first half and fast forward to Williams try, scrum on 65 mins, Jones run, Williams try. Repeat ad nauseam.
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

No but Hook's sister is ;)

Heh this report on the game from the New York Times:

The volume on the Cardiff crowds limited repertoire of songs â€" usually hymns or songs about singing hymns at rugby games â€" began to rise.[/b]

:D
[/b]

New York Times??

Where? Please get us a link to that.

And what do American crowds know about songs, anyway?

New York Times

By the sounds of it, North American crowds seem to be limited to "GO *insert team name or nickname of team here* GO!" or "COME ON *insert team name or nickname of team here*"

So on that basis, we can all stand around and chuckle mightily, even England!

Haha. I wonder what nationality the journalist of that article is. I'm guessing American because he referred to a try as a "touch down".
Ahem...

One extremely boring 1st 40 of rugby (although clinically played by the Welsh defence until Hensons' moment of madness).

After the break it looked to be more of the same until Williams hacked on and went over. After that the French seemed to know it was over and the Welsh made easy work of securing.

T'was mildly amusing an hour or so after the match to have a ****** up RC phoning me from the middle of some noisy Cardiff <strike>bordello</strike> publican, all around him cheering as they go.

After the slow Welsh start to the tournament (especially the first 50 minutes at Twickenham), they turnd about face and in the end deserved the championship.

That said, they've still got a hell of a lot of work to do before the SA tour.

That said, they've still got a hell of a lot of work to do before the SA tour.
[/b]

Completely agree with this. S.A. down south is going to be a huge test of the Welsh resurgence, however, I whole heartedly hope they do "take the scalp" but more talk of that later this year.

Fantastic achievement by Gatland, Edwards and the whole Welsh set up. I feel that they deserved it completely (even though begrudgingly!) I don't think there is an international team more explosive, exciting and passionate in the world at the moment.

Congrats. :cheers:

T'was mildly amusing an hour or so after the match to have a ****** up RC phoning me from the middle of some noisy Cardiff <strike>bordello</strike> publican, all around him cheering as they go. [/b]

Damn, I totally forgot i made that call to you!
I did the same to my parents at 2am as well allegedly. Not that I remember it, but my mum woke me this morning sounding quite irritated saying, "Thank you for the phone call last night." i just groaned somewhat and went back to sleep.

According to Shaun Ewards on Radio 5 he's signing a deal to stay with Wasps till 2012 and so he's staying with Wales till 2011.

Neil Jenkins, Robin McBryde, Mark Bennett and Alan Phillips are also staying on apparently.

Congratulations to Wales, consistently the best team in the 2008 6N. France had allot of the ball, but didn't look as threatening as Wales did.

Has anyone YouTube'd Skrela's kick off, if so please post a link so I can ejoy it endlessly, haven't chuckled so much in a while.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>I wish i could post something relevant regarding the rugby but i just can't seem to remember enough.
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

You said it. She has a nose that could cut kindling wood...

I think one interesting thing about Wales and this Six Nations is how they've solved the problems of old. There is a certain inevitability that comes onto the field along with Wales when they play now since Gatland & Edwards have started managing the outfit. (Almost) gone are the days where Wales were valiantly battling to score that final try or penalty to just nose them ahead, these days, they're controlling the game, deciding when and where to score.

Even a year or so ago, we'd all be talking about thanking the lucky stars that such and such a player managed to make the break to score to keep Wales ahead or even alive. These days, we're all talking about the knock on that prevented Wales from extending their lead even further.

It is surprising to see just a simple turnaround in a year but simply astounding to see a whole sea-change of both attitude and work ethic by the Welsh team within six months.

Now that Gatland & Edwards have some time ahead of the Summer to further drill their charges, all eyes will be avidly on Sky Sports in June to see how they handle South Africa...

You're twisting the knife mate...I really hope we will not see this man in the blue shirt anymore.

Please Fred come back stronger from the Tank !

Congratilations to Wales, I think France play better rugby, but the situation that they had to cope with inn this match was too much --win by great difference, away from Paris...

I love the way France handle the ball, they play very fast, after I saw them playing against Ireland I really thought they were to be the ones. But again, congratulations to Wales

The French performance was the worst i've ever seen. We were dominiting all the match

Latest posts