• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v France

My last point is that I hope we dont sack the coach after winning the grand slam like we did with Ruddock!

P.S. The French fans today were brillaint especially the 4 sitting in front of me today!
</span></span></span>

Agreed on all points, except the Henson tackle. Had no intention on catching him that high? For gods sake, he even held on to his head and dragged it down. If he did it unintentionally, wouldn't he have simply let his arm off as soon as it made contact? He probably didn't concoct this evil plan miles ahead, but the high contact was there, and it was actively followed through on Henson's part. A deserved yellow card, good to seen refs come down on high tackles.

Also, Byrne needs to take some serious acting classes :(

Yet the worst preformance was from the midfield, Skrela, Jauzion and Traille. Never, ever, have I seen such an ineffective midfield. What's the bloody point in having Malzieu and Clerc if you are never going to ship the ball past your OC? The complete lack of form and vision from those three was truly appalling.

Michalak, please come back?? [/b]

Agreed on that. I never found that the Traille-Jauzion combination was good at centre anyway... both are inside centre ! Marty is not the best 13 in the world, he's even not the best in France but at least he's a real outside centre, we should have picked him. Skrela can be a very good classic fly half, but he definitively can't handle pressure. When I saw his face during La Marseillaise I knew he will f***ed up: he was scared to death !

Elissalde was pretty slow too, and unable to be 'the brain' like he is usually. Kudos to Ouedraogo, Bonnaire, Malzieu and Floch for their decent game but that was a very poor performance. We still cannot adapt our play to the opponent style...

wales were the best team in this years 6 nations by a country mile nd more than deserved there grand slam... onto south africa now :)

Wales were the best - not by a country mile, but there's a lot more to come. Interesting that Stephen Jones made a big difference against Scotland and France, when you'd expect him to have cramped the Wales style.

The SA tour is intriguing - Wales can take them, and after that it's Gatland v Henry! New Zealand's "second greatest hooker ever" versus New Zealand's "ugliest man ever". I think it'll be a draw.

When Gatland took Waikato too the 2006 NZ NPC ***le everyone was shocked at how effective his game plans were...especially his defensive game plans. So did the NZRFU offer him to coach the Chiefs?

No. Stupid NZRFU were too in love with a loser like Ian Foster. As a result NZ rugby lost an amazing coach.

Warren Gatlands career as an All Black was reduced to midweek games due to some guy called Sean Fitzpatrick. However at his first AB training session as a rookie amongst the likes of Fox, Kirwan, the Whetton brothers, the Brooke brothers, the hard man Shelford, the amazing Michael Jones, Stanley, Taylor and of course Fitzy he managed to introduce some innovative training ideas which were so impressive that THE SENIOR PLAYERS TOOK THEM ON AS PART OF THE WARM UP SESSIONS! He was already coaching the AB's and earning the players respect twenty years ago in 1988 even though he was the second string hooker!!!!

Wales play the Boks 3 times this year, twice in June and once in mid November.

Lets hope Gatland keeps up with this so Wales can actually send over a competitive side this time.

When Gatland took Waikato too the 2006 NZ NPC ***le everyone was shocked at how effective his game plans were...especially his defensive game plans. So did the NZRFU offer him to coach the Chiefs?

No. Stupid NZRFU were too in love with a loser like Ian Foster. As a result NZ rugby lost an amazing coach.

Warren Gatlands career as an All Black was reduced to midweek games due to some guy called Sean Fitzpatrick. However at his first AB training session as a rookie amongst the likes of Fox, Kirwan, the Whetton brothers, the Brooke brothers, the hard man Shelford, the amazing Michael Jones, Stanley, Taylor and of course Fitzy he managed to introduce some innovative training ideas which were so impressive that THE SENIOR PLAYERS TOOK THEM ON AS PART OF THE WARM UP SESSIONS! He was already coaching the AB's and earning the players respect twenty years ago in 1988 even though he was the second string hooker!!!!

[/b]

Completely agree with you there. The NZRFU pretty much made it clear he wasn't wanted in NZ when they didn't offer him the Cheifs job (or even perhaps the Highlanders :p ). Good on Wales to snap at the opportunity to seize him. Gatland has got to be one of the most best coaches around. To just come into a team and turn them into champions so soon.

Not taking any credit away from the Welsh players though. Shane Williams is just a lil dynamite lol

Well, there you go. A great Kiwi man leading Wales to a grand slam.

Soak it up boys.... what a great day to be a New Zealander! (And a Welshman to some extent).

:lol:

:)

:mellow:

<_<

Well that was better than 2005 I think, because we now have a good platform on which to build for the future. That team yesterday could have given a tough time to any of the southern teams.

I'm glad we beat France into 3rd place because they didn't really derserve anything better after playing a second string team in their first four matches. Rather ironic that after all the despair in England that they got their best table result since 2003...

Soak it up boys.... what a great day to be a New Zealander! (And a Welshman to some extent).[/b]

I thought you hoped France put 20 points on us. ;) If only Gatland has been in charge when NZ faced France at the World Cup, you could be world champions by now. Oh well...

<div class='quotemain'>Soak it up boys.... what a great day to be a New Zealander! (And a Welshman to some extent).[/b]

I thought you hoped France put 20 points on us. ;) If only Gatland has been in charge when NZ faced France at the World Cup, you could be world champions by now. Oh well...
[/b][/quote]

LOL, sssshhhhh.

I am as rough as a dog's backside this morning.
Celebrated into the wee hours of the morning and every girl in cardiff last night was an easy-girl. Tremendous night!
And what's worse is that i cant really remember too much of the match.
I wasn't exactly drunk, but I just can't seem to recall it. Too muc adrenalin.

The last 15 minutes of the match was an absolute joy especially after martyn got his try. Cardiff was absolutely bouncing and to be fair the French boys were all chanting "Allez les bluez!" to the very end...but were quickly drowned out by songs of Bread Of Heaven, Delilah and a few Max Boyce songs.

I wish i could post something relevant regarding the rugby but i just can't seem to remember enough.
Will have to watch it again. :p

Just a question of personal knowledge, please, could someone give me what the initials OS and BS mean in English (OS should refer to the #7 position), same thing for the term "props"

Thanks

<div class='quotemain'>
every girl in cardiff last night was an easy-girl.
[/b]

Sounds like a normal Saturday night :bleh!: [/b][/quote]

Ok, i should rephrase that:

Every girl in Cardiff was an even-easier-girl!
:D

Also, there's a little piece in the bbc sport section on their website, which, if you go into the rugby union section, has a little video on how Wales won the Grand Slam.
It's highlights of all the games and is just over 35 minutes long.

Just thought i'd give the Welsh boys (and anyone else who may want to see it) a little heads up...

I wish i could post something relevant regarding the rugby but i just can't seem to remember enough.
Will have to watch it again. :p
[/b]
Watch the anthems, then catch Charlotte comforting Hook's girlfriend during a penalty kick at around 15 mins, skip the rest of the first half and fast forward to Williams try, scrum on 65 mins, Jones run, Williams try. Repeat ad nauseam.

im a lightweight :( lol i was back home at bout 10ish last night, i got into cardiff for bout 11 30, and it was amazing, it was like it was a friday night already lol. amazing day, had tickets but had to sit on my own... well its not really on your own cos were all welsh nd quickly got talking. this guy after martyn scored tipped his pint all over my head... i didnt give a **** thugh i just rubbed it in like shampoo lol :)

o0o0 nd i defo agree, yesterday was a very easy day on the lady front, nd my god ive said it before nd ill say it again, there are some right tasty girls in wales... fair play... best looking rugby nation??? :p

although much as it pains me to say it, when i went to twickenham i was very very shocked at the level of talent there. some serious lookers floating about, d not just normal beer swelling girl, these girls were like of britains next top model... very classy :p

but ill stick with the welsh girls i think :)

my seats were amazin, upper tier on the half way line :eek: :) awesome day

my voice is f***ed today though :(

nd i think im still a bit drunk :S

Heh this report on the game from the New York Times:

The volume on the Cardiff crowds limited repertoire of songs â€" usually hymns or songs about singing hymns at rugby games â€" began to rise.[/b]

:D

Latest posts