• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Bristol are linked with
Sam tuitipou
Marc Jones
Brad Barritt
James Johnstone

The Rugby Paper claimed that Barritt and Johnston rumours were 'wide of the mark', and Tuitupou was close to resigning with Sale after some interest. Instead it said they wanted Ben Williams and Horacio Agulla off Bath.

Ben Williams will probably be released by us, he's been decent when he's played (which is impressive given how little he's played) but he's been a constant sicknote.

Agulla, I'm not sure.

This is confirmed apparently. Also Smith has told the players he is leaving at the end of the season and Kidney is replacing him.

if it's confirmed post a link in the confirmed thread... otherwise it's still just a rumor. :)

Wouldn't be surprised to see Agulla released considering the salary cap breaching rumours - same as Barkley disappeared mid-season a few years ago under the same situation.

Agulla also has a real reason to be pushing for a release, what with the Argentinian SR franchise looming.

Contracts are, generally, 2 years, so I imagine Agulla has 1 year left.

However if Bath want to cut wages, and Bristol could offer him a good wage, and guaranteed game time, heading towards the world cup/an Argentinian SR franchise, then it could work out well for everyone.

Sexton, according to Rugbyrama, does not rule out a return to France after he retires from International rugby.....

"The Irish player has signed for four years with his Federation and Leinster:

"I have a good relationship with everyone. In addition, I know the new stadium comes at the end of 2016. I would like to come back after my international career. When I finish my contract in Ireland, I will be 33 years old. That's young for a No. 10!""

Sexton, according to Rugbyrama, does not rule out a return to France after he retires from International rugby.....

"The Irish player has signed for four years with his Federation and Leinster:

"I have a good relationship with everyone. In addition, I know the new stadium comes at the end of 2016. I would like to come back after my international career. When I finish my contract in Ireland, I will be 33 years old. That's young for a No. 10!""

Interesting. I think a lot will depend on how an older Carter goes for RM92 in the meantime; whether they'll take another stab at an older Sexton. Maybe if he is done with test rugby he'd be more inclined to focus on Top14 action. Him and Carter are undoubtedly classy players. Maybe we can get more out of them when they are out of the test arena ala Wilkinson at Toulon? Maybe too much to hope for.. only time will tell.

Interesting. I think a lot will depend on how an older Carter goes for RM92 in the meantime; whether they'll take another stab at an older Sexton. Maybe if he is done with test rugby he'd be more inclined to focus on Top14 action. Him and Carter are undoubtedly classy players. Maybe we can get more out of them when they are out of the test arena ala Wilkinson at Toulon? Maybe too much to hope for.. only time will tell.

Carter will be 37 by then, have made his money and disappeared back to enjoy his hero status in NZ!!

Sexton will only be 33..............!

I will be more than a little interested to see what the "new" Dan Carter will be like after his lengthy lay off when he finally gets back into regularly playing soon.

Sexton is a player who could go strong in rugby into his mid-30's He only broke into top class rugby at the end of the 08-09 season and he doesn't rely hugely on athleticism, he'll be the sort of player the French teams want if he's not feeding them bull****, which is very possible considering he'll have a young family at that stage.

Carter will be 37 by then, have made his money and disappeared back to enjoy his hero status in NZ!!

Sexton will only be 33..............!

I will be more than a little interested to see what the "new" Dan Carter will be like after his lengthy lay off when he finally gets back into regularly playing soon.

Carter will also be 33 joining RM92. I certainly don't expect him taking on the line as much as he might have used too but that said his general game management and accuracy alone makes him a great pick for Top14 level even if he might come somewhat expensive so we can do without the 'athleticism' as cmac95 below says regarding Sexton as well. It's not like Wilkinson was breaking the line every other move either for Toulon. RM92 would need some class in the centers as well mind you; a lot of Toulon's danger came from Giteau.. I should actually not be comparing the two teams but it is very difficult not too; I see 2015/2016 RM92 as being a kind of 2012/2013 Toulon lite.

Sexton is a player who could go strong in rugby into his mid-30's He only broke into top class rugby at the end of the 08-09 season and he doesn't rely hugely on athleticism, he'll be the sort of player the French teams want if he's not feeding them bull****, which is very possible considering he'll have a young family at that stage.

Not seen it officially confirmed, so will keep it here rather than in the transfers bit, but seems like Melbourne Rebels have signed Radike Samo!

I thought he'd retired, to be honest - he's older than time itself!

Edit: and just as I type that it's confirmed by every source under the sun :lol:

Last edited:
More rumours:
G.Murphy has had talks with Wasps as new backs coach.
Leicester looking at Le Roux as Tait replacement
Leicester close to signing Fonua.
Wasps looking at Tim visser as their Varndell replacement.

Latest posts