• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

All sound pretty logical TBH.

I do like Odogwu but I don't think he'll ever be consistent enough to nail down an England place. Playing for Treviso and going to the RWC with Italy looks like an appealing option. Then again, I could see him doing well for Sale (second time around).

Tom Willis to Bordeaux would be a good move. I think it would be good for his development and given he's unlikely to be picked by Eddie, he might as well benefit financially too and spend a while over there while English rugby (hopefully) sorts itself out.

TRP wasps rumours
Alfie -> in talks with Bristol, Tigers, Bath and Bordeaux
Jack Willis in talks with Bristol, Tigers and Toulouse
Tom Willis in talks with Bordeaux
Odogwu in talks with sale and Treviso
Launchbury been given a offer from Brive and Quins
Odendaal to Japan
Harris to Birattiz
Koch in talks with Stade and sale
Sarries have Cruse, Hislop and Fisilau
Unless all low offers in UK I'd be surprised if anyone had space at all, especially Sarries for 3 players. Fislau will be academy contract but the other two won't be low balls. Do sarries have injury dispensation?

I wondered the same, but when have they worried about financial fair play?

Apparently Newcastle falcons lowballing players and 14 players looking to leave rumours that
McGuigan looking at Bristol
Radwan at Sarries

Apparently Newcastle falcons lowballing players and 14 players looking to leave rumours that
McGuigan looking at Bristol
Radwan at Sarries
Presumably that's only players up for contract renewals though i.e. they can only be 'lowballing players' with a contract offer.

McGuigan should be on most clubs shortlists.

Radwan to Saracens would upset me, but then any signing they make tends to do that. :p

Ironically hooker and winger are two players we can really afford to lose two players of that level. I wonder if its a planned clear out...Walder has also said the current squad is not his...and he wants to really develop it.

Im hoping thats what this is...rather than the worst case that we're in major trouble

Yes McGuigan is a class act, but he wont be cheap now...

We have Blamire who will become first choice, and then two cracking hookers coming through, Ollie Fletcher is a very physical prospect whos good at the set pieces core skills aswell, his defence at times is brutal. In fact could very well over take Blamire in time due to that. And further back young Charlie Smith is a really aggressive physical hooker aswell...

With our budget limits we have to plan moving on expensive stars and bringing through the conveyor belt of talent at the right time .

Yes McGuigan is a class act, but he wont be cheap now...

We have Blamire who will become first choice, and then two cracking hookers coming through, Ollie Fletcher is a very physical prospect whos good at the set pieces core skills aswell, his defence at times is brutal. In fact could very well over take Blamire in time due to that. And further back young Charlie Smith is a really aggressive physical hooker aswell...

With our budget limits we have to plan moving on expensive stars and bringing through the conveyor belt of talent at the right time .
This is what infuriates me with Wasps, we were on the verge of administration and being linked to him and Radwan. WHO WAS RUNNING OUR BOOKS?? YOU FOOL!!! NO WONDER WE WERE BROKE!!

This is what infuriates me with Wasps, we were on the verge of administration and being linked to him and Radwan. WHO WAS RUNNING OUR BOOKS?? YOU FOOL!!! NO WONDER WE WERE BROKE!!
Indeed. A lot of Quins fans were really annoyed with the club when we lost Tizard, but the simple fact is, he wanted more than we were in a position to offer.

I was more annoyed about his choice of club.

Obviously it would have been better we'd been in a position to keep him, but ultimately, I'd rather we lost a few here and there and stayed alive than overspend and shoot ourselves in both feet.

Indeed. A lot of Quins fans were really annoyed with the club when we lost Tizard, but the simple fact is, he wanted more than we were in a position to offer.
Will Haydon-Wood left Falcons because Wasps offered significantly more than Falcons could, as well

Yeah - I did enjoy Walder's dig on that at the time, although I do feel sorry for Haydon-Wood now.

That must be one of the best examples of a club blatantly promising something they couldn't actually offer and screwing up a young player's career.

I was more annoyed about his choice of club.

Obviously it would have been better we'd been in a position to keep him, but ultimately, I'd rather we lost a few here and there and stayed alive than overspend and shoot ourselves in both feet.
I just didn't understand how they could afford him with their other players, especially locks compared to Quins not being able to afford him.

I think people need to stop acting like Sarries are stacked now.

their 2nd choice team isn't any better than other top 6 sides imo

Latest posts