• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

The thing is, signing for Ulster doesn't necessarily mean he'll be picked for Ireland. Right now, they have Conan, Doris and Coombes. Personally, I think Tom Willis is currently better than the latter and has the potential to reach Conan/Doris' level, but he's not there right now.
Yes, but doesn't mean Ire wouldn't cap him just to capture him and give themselves more options. He's 23 and they could look at him as a longer term project. Definitely a risk given he doesn't really seem to have been on Eng's radar yet.

Also agree that the ideal is for him to have a great learning experience there and come back to the Prem a bettter player for it.

Yes, but doesn't mean Ire wouldn't cap him just to capture him and give themselves more options. He's 23 and they could look at him as a longer term project. Definitely a risk given he doesn't really seem to have been on Eng's radar yet.

Also agree that the ideal is for him to have a great learning experience there and come back to the Prem a bettter player for it.
Yeah, that's why I quoted Scotty's post saying exactly that.

Not sure when they announce their AI squad, but currently he's not eligible to be picked, so the next opportunity would be the 6N I guess?

They've also just done a tour to SA with an 'Emerging Ireland' squad so it's be a kick in the balls to any back rowers in that squad for an Englishman to be parachuted in ahead of them.

Not sure when they announce their AI squad, but currently he's not eligible to be picked, so the next opportunity would be the 6N I guess?

They've also just done a tour to SA with an 'Emerging Ireland' squad so it's be a kick in the balls to any back rowers in that squad for an Englishman to be parachuted in ahead of them.
International sport is a brutal place. If Willis was open to it and Farrell thought he was worth his place and wouldn't disrupt squad harmony then he would pick him like a shot. Hopefully all hypothetical though.

I'm sure J Willis will be sought after, but thought this was an interesting article.

Telegraph are saying Quins are looking to bring in Josh Bassett to cover Tyrone Green's injury
Good signing but surely not the right type of player to cover? unless Murley/Marchant goes fullback. Bassett doesn't play full back.

Good signing but surely not the right type of player to cover? unless Murley/Marchant goes fullback. Bassett doesn't play full back.
I did think that too, would've thought they'd go for Umaga or Atkinson to play 15 and then also provide 10 cover when Smith is away over the AIs/6N

Unless Lynagh is due back? Lynagh to 15, Marchant back to centres and Bassett onto the wing?

I did think that too, would've thought they'd go for Umaga or Atkinson to play 15 and then also provide 10 cover when Smith is away over the AIs/6N

Unless Lynagh is due back? Lynagh to 15, Marchant back to centres and Bassett onto the wing?
Lynagh is recovering from surgery.

My best guess is Nick David at 15 with Aaron Morris as back up.

I thought we might look at Shillcock, but Bassett is a handy addition.

Surely though after the WC we will likely be looking to move on to Billy, Simmonds is going to France and we will need a backup/competition to Dombrandt and at 23 he's an obvious choice

He'd be daft to throw in with ireland this early because its offered if his preference is England. And with his brother emerging surely thats what he wants.

Daily Mail reckons we're having talks with Burger Odendaal today about joining us for the rest of the season - but he's also had interest from Japanese clubs too

Koch in talks with French clubs but they're not that keen because he wants to live in the UK and travel to/from France - also asking for mega-wedge

Daily Mail reckons we're having talks with Burger Odendaal today about joining us for the rest of the season - but he's also had interest from Japanese clubs too

Koch in talks with French clubs but they're not that keen because he wants to live in the UK and travel to/from France - also asking for mega-wedge
Lol what? Like, daily?

Also rumoured Hislop & Fislau to Sarries and then Frost to Exeter.
Hislop fits the whole for Sarries with Mako not available as much and Frost born for Exeter, was already the bouncer for Jack Nowell's pub during end of COID-19 period. Fislau to Sarries makes a lot of sense, related to Billy & Mako Vunipola and would cover 8 for them.

Is Odogwu off to Beneton? He's eligible for Italy aswell so would make sense. Could be playing against Englnad in a few months time.

Unless he fancies 'doing a Mercer'? TBH, he's unlikely to break into the England squad ahead of the RWC, so he might as well make some extra dough in the meantime.

In fairness to Eddie, I think other players are rightly ahead of him. If we want to continue with a big blindside flanker post-RWC, he might end up in the role Lawes has been occupying.
I wonder if Exeter fancy taking Hill on? Just their type of player...and not a huge move down the road from Worcester...

I wonder if Exeter fancy taking Hill on? Just their type of player...and not a huge move down the road from Worcester...
I've rated Hill very highly for a long time but I don't think that him coming to Exeter would be good for either party. In terms of big, physical flankers we already have Ewers, Vermeulen, Kirsten and Davis as well as Capstick and Tshiunza both having very good seasons.

Hill would demand a wage that Exeter couldn't possibly justify spending on a player who would only just make our 23, and it would be bad for his development.

TRP wasps rumours
Alfie -> in talks with Bristol, Tigers, Bath and Bordeaux
Jack Willis in talks with Bristol, Tigers and Toulouse
Tom Willis in talks with Bordeaux
Odogwu in talks with sale and Treviso
Launchbury been given a offer from Brive and Quins
Odendaal to Japan
Harris to Birattiz
Koch in talks with Stade and sale
Sarries have Cruse, Hislop and Fisilau

Last edited:

Latest posts