• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

I think you've also got to question whether or not Burns will enjoy playing in the Leicester environment?
He doesn't seem like the sort of guy who can play well if he isn't happy.

Benjamin Fall - Racing --> Montpellier or Clermont or Toulon
Gabiriele Lovobalavu - Bayonne ---> Grenoble

Freddie Burns --> Leicester

3 year deal done and dusted apparently.

Stephen Brett (Bayonne) --> Gloucester

Bath will possibly be signing a big name 9 if they can find one, as tey had apparently gone after Will Genia but he declined due to Wallaby ambitions.

How many backs have gone to the Tigers and improved creatively?

Not even saying this to be a bitter Gloucester fan. I just don't think he'll gain from the Tigers setup. He'd have been better trying to join the Saints.

I think it'll be make or break for him.
He'll either thrive or he'll fall by the wayside and re-sign for a mid-table club in a year or two.

A lot of routers about Heaslip going to Toulon or Montpellier. If he has to go I'd rather it was to a side such as Clermont or Toulouse.
Also Henry Thonas very close to confirmation with Bath

I hope Heaslip doesn't go to Toulon, they're getting beyond a joke.
I'm also more open to Henry leaving after his performances this season - he's not improved his scrummaging in the last 3 seasons, and we can't afford to carry that.

TBH, Heaslip to Toulon might make sense. Van Niekerk is 33, Masoe is 34, and Rossouw 35.
In fact, Toulon have a pretty old team, Williams, Botha, Suta, Sheridan all over 30, amongst others.

But Heaslips 30 too so it's not exactly going to change the fact that they are all on the older side. If they wanted to buy a younger back row, then O'Brien would be ideal, but I hope not.

Heaslip will go imo. From a business point of view the IRFU should know that for the money they'd pay Heaslip they could likely keep 2 or 3 lower profile players in the country. He demands too big a part of their budget to represent a good return on money. Not to mention the fact that him leaving will mean that Jordi Murphy will be handed the Leinster 8 shirt, allowing for the development of potentially another international standard player.

Keeping O'Brien is far more important imo. He's younger, a lot more talented, and would probably suffer more than Heaslip in the Top 14. It's vital to both Leinster and Ireland that he stays.

You're going to feel fairly ****ty when you realise you miss out on Jamie Feeslip and Jamie Payslip.

Latest posts