• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2015/16

Have you watched him play?

Never seen him play, but heard good things! Read that he's been looked at by Steve Hansen in the past, though that came from WalesOnline so taking it with a pinch of salt.

Only worry for me in that one of Wales' weaker positions atm is the wing, so would have much preferred that the Scarlets tried to focus on bringing through a young Welsh player there, especially considering DTH van der Merwe will be their other 1st choice winger.

Already heard the "Oh I'd be interested in playing for Wales at some point" from McNicholl, though we hear that from every single import for the regions, probably to make sure they don't count against the WRU's non WQ quotas.

Same goes for the centre, Ospreys have got Matevesi and Engelbrecht now and the Blues Lee-Lo and Halaholo (understand he may play on the wing too) , so will just have to hope that they'll make sure players like Owen Watkin, Garyn Smith etc. all get plenty of 1st XV gametime

Have you watched him play?

Not enough to be completely sure of that statement but enough to say it, lots of people rate him, so he's probably decent he's just a guy i've never been impressed with i'm sure everybody has a fee players like that.

Jordan Coughlan from Munster > Nottingham
Pat Howard Northampton > Dragons

Well so far for next season we (Falcons) have signed:

Signings for Next Season:
Niki Goneva - Wing (From Leicester)
Sam Lockwood - LH Prop (Jersey)
Sam Egerton - SH (7's / Quins)
Harrison Orr - Back Row (Ealing)
Joel Hodgson - 9, 10, 15 (Leeds) - An old boy returning.

Forgot about Hodgson,
Really liked him at Falcons before but then he fell off the radar completely when he moved to Saints

So far Tigers have
Toomua --- 10/12 (Brumbies)
JPP ---- 13/14/15 (Sharks)
Brady - 11/14 (Sale Sharks)
Cilliers -- 1/3 (Montepillier)
McGuigan --- 2 (Falcons)

With us losing
Bai ---- 10/12 (Retiring)
Bell --- 10/15 (London Irish)
Benjamin - 11/14 (Retiring)
Camacho - 13/14 (N/A)
De Villiers -- 12/13 (Retiring I think)
Ghiraldini -- 2 (Toulouse)
Goneva ----- 13/14 (Falcons)
Loamanu ---- 6/7/8/13/14/15 (N/A)
Morris ------ 14/15 (N/A)
Pearce ----- 6/8 (Sale)

I wonder if Tommy Bell has a get out in his contract.
When he went from Wasps to Jersey he had a clause that said if a Premiership club came knocking that he could leave immediately (hence the quick move to Tigers).
He signed for Not Nots before they were for the drop - I wonder if he would have done if he knew. I know he wants to be first choice 10, but first choice 10 in the Championship vs backup in the Prem would be an interesting question to ask.

Forgot about Hodgson,
Really liked him at Falcons before but then he fell off the radar completely when he moved to Saints

Yeah he went to Leeds and has been playing 15. But an understudy to Sinfield at 10.

His return has caused huge polar opinons. Really divided the falcon fans. Ill hold judgement until we see him playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Leaving Falcons:

George McGuigan - Leicester
Fry - Seemingly off to the new US league
Josh Furno - TBC (Out of Contract)
Todd Clever - Confirmed off to the US new League (What a waste of time he was! )
Kane Thompson - TBC (Out of Contract)
Richard Mayhew - Leeds
Ruki Tipuna - Leeds
Fury - Retired
Tiesi - TBC
Andy Tuilagi Leaving
Alesana Tuilagi Leaving

Yeah he went to Leeds and has been playing 15. But an understudy to Sinfield at 10.

His return has caused huge polar opinons. Really divided the falcon fans. Ill hold judgement until we see him playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Leaving Falcons:

George McGuigan - Leicester
Fry - Seemingly off to the new US league
Josh Furno - TBC (Out of Contract)
Todd Clever - Confirmed off to the US new League (What a waste of time he was! )
Kane Thompson - TBC (Out of Contract)
Richard Mayhew - Leeds
Ruki Tipuna - Leeds
Fury - Retired
Tiesi - TBC
Andy Tuilagi Leaving
Alesana Tuilagi Leaving

I rather rate Furno myself. Any reason why his contract isn't being renewed? His choice or the club's?

I rather rate Furno myself. Any reason why his contract isn't being renewed? His choice or the club's?

It might still be renewed, but he's been so injury prone (as has Kane Thompson). We also have a number of youngsters - Will Witty (England U20) and a massive kid called Harry Snowdon who Dean may well prefer to work with. And will free up budget for other spots.

Last edited:
We have just signed Ben Sowery - Hooker from Worcester.

Anyone know anything about him? I gather hes not had much prem time.

So it leaves us in a position:
1 Senior Experienced Hooker - Lawson whos not getting any younger

and

3 "Work in progress" kids none of whom have had any significant premiership experience??

Nelson and Socino has impressed in the A games but they've had no exposure to Premiership rugby?? Not sure Sowerby has had much either.

Apparently we are also due to sign a "Scottish International Centre" - cant think who that would be though.

Last edited:
Joe Ford --> Yorkshire Carnegie

That's all three of our flyhalves leaving this season!

Yorkshire have also signed Alex Gray from England 7s.