• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Thin Blue Line

If you've been pinned in by armed police and you start ramming the cars trying to get out and potentially injure people I can't say I'm too surprised they opened fire.

On the one hand the police apparently didn't know who he was when they stopped him. On the other, he appears to have been a violent criminal and all round scumbag who was skimming to shoot others. The way some talk, it's like he was a sweet little innocent angel.

I can understand the family are distraught but they seem to take no responsibility or care at all that they're son was a related violent criminal who was in the process of committing a violent crime when shot
The car was tagged as being involved in the firearms incident he was allegedly involved in they didn't know he was specifically the person at the wheel. There's a reason armed police were present in the first place.

I'm surprised the CPS bought this particular case if I'm honest.

The police officer says he didn't intend to kill him. I'm not familiar with the police's rules of engagement, but in my experience if you discharge a firearm, that's exactly what you're trying to do.

The police officer says he didn't intend to kill him. I'm not familiar with the police's rules of engagement, but in my experience if you discharge a firearm, that's exactly what you're trying to do.
I think his comments were in relation to the shot hitting the targerts head. When in his own words he was going for the centre mass. As he was trained to do.

I'm guessing he's assuming there's a slim chance of survival being shot in the body, not so much in the head. Most Police training involves providing life saving first aid after using firearms as well.

Also if he admitted intent to kill it makes things difficult for the jury returning a manslaughter conviction.

Last edited:
Yeah this was a murder trial saying you intend to kill people is usually bad.

People survive gunshot wounds all the time they're horrible but not fatal.

He's trained on the high risk he could kill all he's saying is he felt under his training he was trying to disable rather than specifically aiming the shot at the head intending the result to be death.

Latest posts