Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Botes,Deysel,Alberts

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Botes,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Deysel,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
Thanks for your opinion on an issue that has been discussed in detail many times. Can we move on now? Or are you going to keep pushing this quota agenda in every thread?

Funny part of scotland that :p
Jk matey

I got a very diverse family... Should I again list the countries whose national teams I am elegible for? (my Enlgish this week has been terrible, can't even pronounce 'inadequately' properly <_< )

@ Please-Buy-Baywatch

Dude calm down, I don't consider myself a social expert in any sense but you will find that people take others much more seriously when their speech/ posts are not filled with vitriol and utter contempt. You don't have to 'wrap everything up in cotton wool', but if the pages were still available, you will see that there have been many posters like yourself, whom have brought up issues like the quota system, but all have pretty much ended up like this, because they couldn't be reasonable in debates:

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?19099-My-last-post

Just chill, or maybe you are jealous of the East Coast lifestyle B)

Well it seems as if the "good guys" here are "good guys" because none of them have actually bothered to speak frankly. I have been as critical of South African and Bok rugby as I have of anything. When you have nitwits on here denying the reality of quota systems or you have biased Sharks supporters putting forward the views of South Africans that are not held in the majority then its to be expected that eventually someone like me would come along. Some dude makes a valid post about the problems at the Sharks and everyone gets upset and calls it harsh. Maybe if the established "good guy" South African posters were a little more honest(knowledgeable) in their posting there would be no need for this sort of approach.

What next? TRF group hug sessions?

The only reason I registered was because the South African contributions were so terrible its not funny. They could not be more accommodating if they tried. I dont need anyone to like me or my posts, but if its going to get a few people to pull their head out of their arse then its a good thing.

Fact of the matter is something like the quota system robs not just South African rugby, it robs world rugby. I want to see the Springboks beat the BEST that NZ or Aus have to offer, and I am sure that anyone who beats the Springboks wants to feel like they have beaten the best that South Africa had to offer that day. Everyone has been denied that since 1996, and these ass kissing "Good guy South Africans" do everyone a disservice with their politically correct lying and misrepresentation of fact.

So excuse me for not wrapping everything up in cotton wool for you guys.

Dude, get over yourself. Have a quiet moment and consider that maybe everyone else isn't in the wrong here. Maybe the world isn't out to get you.

You have been running around like a headless chicken and nothing you have said has been on topic or anything more than vague generalisations. We are talking about Super rugby here and the 'issue' of quota's in the Sharks squad came up and you bring up quotes from 5 years back and while quota's are a reality at age group level and netball etc the fact remains there is nothing more to quota's than black players with EQUAL talent getting an opportunity at Super rugby and test level. There is just too much money involved for it to be otherwise.

Now if you want to disscuss PdV being a really bad appointment on political and racial grounds I suspect we might have something to discuss where we might share some common ground.

Last edited:
If I could, I would give you a big box of self-reflection for your birthday

I have strong rumours that The Sharks have signed Fred Michalak again. We all know he has played for us before; but had quite a few injury problems. The news should be confirmed shortly. This is great news as he can play 10 and 9. Hoffmann has been ruled out for 3 months and JLP has not shown that he has the capability to perform in Lambie's place when required. Good Signing Sharks!!!

With Deysel out for 2 weeks with Suspension; it is good news that it seems that Kanko is back this weekend. Marius Joubert should be in Durban or arriving soon from France...now all we need is for Stef to get dropped/retire or get injured. Sorry, but i hate the Guy...he is Sh*t!!

Last edited:
Scored a nice intercept try for the Barbarians against England. Besides that, he had a very unfortunate match with some knock ons. Still a good signing if it's true

Scored a nice intercept try for the Barbarians against England. Besides that, he had a very unfortunate match with some knock ons. Still a good signing if it's true
That's because they gave him a glass of champagne when he got points on the board :p

Freddy is already training with The Sharks and it is rumoured that he will be in the 20 shirt this weekend. It is also rumoured that he will mainly be used as scrumhalf cover for Mcloed.

I have strong rumours that The Sharks have signed Fred Michalak again. We all know he has played for us before; but had quite a few injury problems. The news should be confirmed shortly. This is great news as he can play 10 and 9. Hoffmann has been ruled out for 3 months and JLP has not shown that he has the capability to perform in Lambie's place when required. Good Signing Sharks!!!

With Deysel out for 2 weeks with Suspension; it is good news that it seems that Kanko is back this weekend. Marius Joubert should be in Durban or arriving soon from France...now all we need is for Stef to get dropped/retire or get injured. Sorry, but i hate the Guy...he is Sh*t!!

Obviously JL Potgieter is there to carry tackle bags.

The Sharks dont think more than one season ahead. That has been clear for the last 10 years. They had so much depth at centre, managed to **** that up.

They import a flyhalf, play him out of position at centre. They have an outside centre that used to be a wing, then a fullback and is now a centre. They have gone from a position where they had Steyn, Murray, Barrit, Strauss, and Jacobs to a position where they have Meyer Bosman. And a wing at outside centre. To make matters worse, they actually have cover at flyhalf. They bought JL Potgieter!!!

They are a cancer in South African rugby. Imagine if the Cheetahs in particular were able to afford to keep their players for the last 10 years? Ill use JL Potgieter as an example again. The guy almost played his way into a Springbok jersey, only to accept a move to The Bulls. Who had Morne Steyn, but also Burton Francis in the wings. So the guy cant get a game and sits on the sidelines. He then moves to the Sharks, who have since decided to import Michelak instead of starting him at 10.

He was pushing Steyn for a place 3 years back, and this was when Steyn was in the form of his life. The guy is not playing well because he is not being given GAMETIME. The Sharks have someone that was pushing for a Springbok place at flyhalf, and they decided to import a Frenchman.

This is retarded.

But not as retarded as the people who support the Sharks that think this is a good thing. Michelak is there for a season. JLP could be there for another 4 or 5. Who cares about next year though hey? Pick the low hanging fruit.

Last edited:
Haha, he signed a 14 month contract, and unless you are not at school yet, you would know that this means that not only will he be here for this season, but for next seasons Superugby and Currie Cup as well.

I presume you believe in Roswell?

Which means JLP is not even going to be on the bench.

Chances are, Lambie moves to inside centre, and they drop Bosman.

Who they poached too.

LordHope, its bad for South African rugby. Its being done at the expense of South African rugby. I know club sport is more important than national sports in Europe, its not the same here. Country first, club/province a distant second.

By any chance have you seen where I live?

I also believe that country takes precedence over club, and the Scottish set-up believes the same thing.

Michalak is a class player, who could teach some of our players a thing or two, considering the experience he has at international level.

I fully understand your concerns of how this could effect SA rugby, but I doubt that the presence of a foreigner every now and then will have a significant impact on the Boks.

Unfortunately niether Bosman or JLP has worked out, they are both good players who just seemed to struggle a little, and considering that they are new to the set-up, and that we are challenging for the ***le, the risk of a mistake by an out of form player should be limited as much as possible

I think Freddy signing is great. The fact that he can cover 9 and 10 opens up a number of options for The Sharks if they wish to use them. Also with Hoffmann out, this signing comes at the perfect time. His(Freddy) influence will be great for young 18/19 year old flyhalf Fred Zeilinga, Lambie could also learn a thing or two as Pat seems to be needing a bit of unpredictability to take his game a step higher. I do feel we did waste money buying Bosman and JLP...they never looked like they were ever going to work for The Sharks. Happy Joubert will be joining the squad soon...him and Jacobs could make a pretty solid combo and hopefully during CC Paul Jordaan also gets some exposure to senior rugby.

@Baywatch;
Great that you share your opinions so passionately; but can you please try to keep them from sounding insulting to others also posting here. The reason i started this thread was for some friendly rugby chat; not a place for Haters to vent their anger and hate for a team (Sharks) and target the Bloggers/posters on this thread. Hope u understand my point of view, thanks man.

Stormers2010, Ezequiel, Draggs, Lordhope are examples of very good bloggers...never tune or insult anybody. Just pure, passionate, reasonable rugby folk.

Last edited:
Kankowski expected to be available for this weekend.
Not sure if I'd want to risk starting him as soon as he comes back, but we might have to.
Daniel, Alberts, Kankowski wouldn't seem impossible.

Will probably be 6.Botes 7.Alberts 8.Daniel and Kanko off the bench; but then again a cheek fracture injury does not mean he needs to be brought in slowly...if it is healed it is healed.

Sounds like Joubert will only play for Sharks from July, unless we have injuries at Centre according to Plum. So go break a leg Stef...HA hA....no seriously.

In an ideal situation we could give Kankowski time, but its make or break (hopefully not literally) and we need him. Alberts has been a liability, and while Botes hasn't done anything wrong, Daniel is a better openside.

I'd rather Plumtree see Stefan's current form and drop him, over him getting injured.
Adi Jacobs is still uncertain, but only worth playing if they select him at outside centre.
Hopefully Bosman will improve during the CC and get his revenge on JdV and Fourie next season. One can hope!

That is the Problem...Plum is a Stubborn guy...still plays Smit at loosehead when he clearly can't scrum in that position and drains all his energy...hardly see him carrying the ball when he plays at prop. Stef has been poor the whole season and even with Adi on form he opted to drop Bosman instead...how that backfired on us...Adi is great at 13, not 12. The answer to the problems is to Drop Stef...will celebrate when/if he gets dropped. C'mon Plum do the right thing, Stef does not deserve his place.

In an ideal situation we could give Kankowski time, but its make or break (hopefully not literally) and we need him. Alberts has been a liability, and while Botes hasn't done anything wrong, Daniel is a better openside.

I'd rather Plumtree see Stefan's current form and drop him, over him getting injured.
Adi Jacobs is still uncertain, but only worth playing if they select him at outside centre.
Hopefully Bosman will improve during the CC and get his revenge on JdV and Fourie next season. One can hope!

Nope, sorry, the tables have turned. We have to beat you 4 more times before they turn again.

I still don't get why Terblanche didn''t quit end of last year after winning the CC as captain. I actually thought I heard somewhere that he was quitting and was seriously surprised to hear taht he would stay on another year.

Last edited:

Latest posts