Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Botes,Deysel,Alberts

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Botes,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Deysel,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
I also hate every quota related message. People should get over it. The 15 best players will play, regardless their skincolor, sexual preference or haircut

Wrong, players with mulletts and/or faux-hawks get preference at the Bulls.

Guys, don't want to start a fight, but please don't talk about Quotas on this Thread...not against the Rules, I Think. Sharks choose their players on Merit, not on Colour, that time is long long gone. Boks do the same; there might be an extra squad player or 2 that might not deserve the call-up, but they never play and we don't lose anything.

Thanks Guys.

Good lord. I think that Mandela photo in your signature must have rot your brain. Is it against the rules for me to say that?

Adi Jacobs is a quota player. Always has been always will be. Every province has to deal with the quota system. Jacobs was NEVER our best player in 08. Please send me whatever it is that you smoke bru

Pretending you dont have HIV does not make you any less sick bro.

Jus sayin

I also hate every quota related message. People should get over it. The 15 best players will play, regardless their skincolor, sexual preference or haircut

WTF

You know that this patently NOT true.

We have a quota system. The sides are not selected on merit. This is a fact the whole country has learned to live with. How can you honestly try and pass that **** off as a valid opinion?

Its not even politically correct bro. Its ok to say we use quotas because, well, even the government refers to it as a quota system.

I would love to agree with you on quota but i cant. There is absoluetly NO WAY that the fat guy Januarie is selected on merit. His ball distribution is slower than cancer of the liver. He cannot tackle and he scored a try againstg Nieu Zeeland a few years ago which is the only thing that kept him in any side hihger than the local club 2nd team in Cape Flats. I think its takes all his concerntration to breathe, pick up the ball and decide to kick it, pass it or run it which is why he is so slow.

Habana, Beast (SHARKS), JP (SHARKS), Mvoovo (SHARKS) are the only merit selections. Maybe that kroesie haired guy from cheetahs also who is looking to play in SPies's place at nr 8 for the Bokke. I forgot his name but he is driving well and plays hard. Maybe also Murray (ex-SHARKS) who played well at Lions before injury but then again my Ouma could look good at the Lions at centre.

How do people know there are quotas?

The government enforce it publically. The coaches who dont selected the colourd players get fired. Anyone saying they have a problem with kwotas get fired or they is called a racists.

Because the government set fixed numbers

Every side has to field 7 players of colour.

Provincial and national

What, you think Ricky Januarie is the second best scrummy in SA? Kirchner one of the best fullbacks?

Lol, we have not been able to select our best sides since 1996 when this was implemented.

Because the government set fixed numbers

Every side has to field 7 players of colour.

Provincial and national

What, you think Ricky Januarie is the second best scrummy in SA? Kirchner one of the best fullbacks?

Lol, we have not been able to select our best sides since 1996 when this was implemented.

Where are the government policies outlining this? Any official documents? Or is this one of those situations where the government enforces a policy, but there is no valid document of any of it? aka: Conspiracy Theory.

I was talking about the Sharks. This is, after all, the Sharks thread!

Where are the government policies outlining this? Any official documents? Or is this one of those situations where the government enforces a policy, but there is no valid document of any of it? aka: Conspiracy Theory.

WTF

Dude, have you been living under a rock for the last 20 years?

South African sports teams have quota systems. Every single sporting code where its a team sport. Cricket, rugby even netball. They all have them. Even the olympics teams!

Google it man. Its mandated by the various bodies that administer the games in the country. Christ, you live in Perth. Speak to one of the 20 000 South Africans that live there, they can explain it to you if thats too much effort.

You dont play our best sides because we cant field our best sides. Not since 1996.

You know a lot about South African rugby for someone from Afghanistan. I thought locals knew better

Oh, I just have to "google it". Well i couldn't find any official documents so i'm afraid i can't take your word about the Sharks using a quota system for now. If the evidence ever arises let us know. But until then i'd stop with the claims you can't back up with evidence.

I love when people get defensive when you ask for a simple reference. As if it was some kind of attack.

Last edited:
Oh, I just have to "google it". Well i couldn't find any official documents so i'm afraid i can't take your word about the Sharks using a quota system for now. If the evidence ever arises let us know. But until then i'd stop with the claims you can't back up with evidence.

I love when people get defensive when you ask for a simple reference. As if it was some kind of attack.

Ha Ha ha you are a comedian? The single most controversial and hated policy in south african sport and trust the ozzie to say it didnt ever happened? Ha ha ha. We donthave to convince YOU of it. We get to watch it on the news here ever time. And the coaches talk about it. Also read Jake white's book (a very good one) if you want something in print on how ridculcuos the administrators here are.

Ha Ha ha you are a comedian? The single most controversial and hated policy in south african sport and trust the ozzie to say it didnt ever happened? Ha ha ha. We donthave to convince YOU of it. We get to watch it on the news here ever time. And the coaches talk about it. Also read Jake white's book (a very good one) if you want something in print on how ridculcuos the administrators here are.

Please quote me where i said it never happened?

If people can show me the sharks are using this system, i'm happy to take a look.

What is exactly your point then? Stop being grey and say what it is you want to say. I think you want to say we are lying but you dont type it. Why must you get prove here on a forum when the internets is theer for you to type on in Australia.

You guys are all talking (or rather typing I guess) out of your arses RE quota's;

The only thing there is an unofficial agreement that black players of EQUAL talent should get the nod ahead of others to promote transformation and the growth of the game in the 'previously' disadvantaged sector (which is still disadvantaged as a disadvantage simply doesn't just dissapear because you are now allowed to vote). A kind of gentleman's agreement if you will. No incentives, no penalties. Nothing OFFICIAL whatsoever. A lot of pressure gets put on the selectors/coaches but its not law.

Last edited:
What is exactly your point then? Stop being grey and say what it is you want to say. I think you want to say we are lying but you dont type it. Why must you get prove here on a forum when the internets is theer for you to type on in Australia.

Sorry for asking for evidence, i'll keep my mouth shut in future.

ETA:

You guys are all talking (or rather typing I guess) out of your arses RE quota's;

The only thing there is an unofficial agreement that black players of EQUAL talent should get the nod ahead of others to promote transformation and the growth of the game in the 'previously' disadvantaged sector (which is still disadvantaged as a disadvantage simply doesn't just dissapear because you are now allowed to vote). A kind of gentleman's agreement if you will. No incentives, no penalties. Nothing OFFICIAL whatsoever.

Thanks for that dose of common sense. Makes it all a bit clearer.

Last edited:

You have to be mentally handicapped. Seriously. You come from a country full of SOuth Africans, thats plays sports against SA, and you dont know about the quota systems?

Sports Minister Mbalula has hit out at the quota system and mentioned that it became "counter-productive." Talking about a new transformation charter which is in the process of being drawn up the Sports Minister highlighted several challenges that the charter will address that have hampered transformation in South Africa.

"This transformation charter will be much broader, addressing issues of gender, equality, access, and all of that," said Mbalula.
"Quotas became counter-productive. Where quotas have said that there must be three black people, some federations have actually ensured that exactly three people play - even if there are more than three black players in the squad, only three will play."

SARU President, Oregan Hoskins attributed the lack of transformation in rugby on "bottlenecks", saying that the clubs where not selecting enough black players.

"I can give you an endless list of why we have not got to where we are supposed to be," he said. "A fundamental reason why we haven't transformed in rugby is the schooling system."
"People talk about conditioning, dietary issues, discrimination in selection at senior level, clubs not being as open as they should be to black youngsters . these and many other issues are the challenges for rugby.We are committed to transformation, no matter what anybody thinks or feels to the contrary."
Hoskins said SA Rugby is talking to provincial rugby bosses to correct the problem.

"The problem has been at provincial level and that is really the bottleneck. We continue to urge to the provinces to embrace transformation so that the national coach can at least pick players knowing that he is not under pressure to meet national imperatives."

http://www.justrugby.co.za/Springbok-News/Sports-Minister-says-Quota-System-Was-a-Failure.html

Cricket?

Ok no problem: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_in_South_Africa#Demographics

Imagine you were not allowed to select your best players for the wallabies? Imagine you had to ignore players like Ioane, Cooper, Genia, etc because they were not the right colour for your government?

Yet despite these quotas, we still scrape 2 world cups, a few tri nations along the way and the odd super trophy. Not bad at all I must say

Latest posts