• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premiership 2006-2007

But why should we be encourage a team to buy in their youth, when they are not developing their own BRITISH youth... as we are England and there should be English/British players in the squads of teams... in the FA Cup Game Arsenal only fielded one ENGLISH player and that was in the 80th minute..... is that right??? if teams like Arsenal gave English players a chance there is a chance we could be a better team internationally...

But why should we be encourage a team to buy in their youth, when they are not developing their own BRITISH youth... as we are England and there should be English/British players in the squads of teams... in the FA Cup Game Arsenal only fielded one ENGLISH player and that was in the 80th minute..... is that right??? if teams like Arsenal gave English players a chance there is a chance we could be a better team internationally...
[/b]

You do know about the large numbers of Spanish and French journeymen your last two managers have brought in don't you?

Teams like Arsenal did give British players a chance, whether they end up in there team or someone else's they still nurtured the talent.

Who's done more to nurture British talent Arsenal who produced the players I listed earlier or a team that goes round cherry-picking players off less well-off clubs.

Yes But we all have a very vibrant youth setup in the club...

But the problem being Arsenal may have nutured those players, but they never gave them a chance over the foriegn players...

I know we have brought in players but at least we could field 5 English Players...

I know we have brought in players but at least we could field 5 English Players...
[/b]

One of whom came through the Arsenal academy.

I'm not having a go...Everton are choc full of Aussies, Portugese, Spaniards, Nigerians etc

I just don't have a problem with Arsenal's Academy being slightly more cosmopolitan that some.

I was more on about their full team than their youth team, because in their first starting 11 they do not have an English Man

Where at least Liverpool can say in our starting 11 we would have at least 2 players from England, if not more... and Everton are the same... I am certain tho that this rule can only help develop the english team.

Forign player rules never work anyway; Just look how Northampton have taken the **** out of the RFU and it's "1 non-EU player only" rule! :lol:

plus it screwed United over big time when they had to deal with it in the Champions league.

I wonder could we be seeing the end of the Russian Revolution at Stamford Bridge given the Special One's latest whingeing about not being given money to spend to bring in players.

He can't be too pleased with that on top of the league position and should Chelsea win the Champions League then the Special One might be off to pastures new next season.

It's going around a lot isn't it. As soon as Chek$ki lose a season I think Abramovich will pull the plug. "I am bored of my play thing. Now I return to Mother Russa and drink some Vodka."

So, how many of the ******* glory hinters will revert from blue to red at the end of the season? It'll be like the 1997 general election.

It's going around a lot isn't it. As soon as Chek$ki lose a season I think Abramovich will pull the plug. "I am bored of my play thing. Now I return to Mother Russa and drink some Vodka."
[/b]

Yeah at least Utd's owner has the decency to be a cynical, plutocratic oligarch who saddled the club with £500,000,000 worth of debt in order to take ownership but has absolutely no interest in the sport whatsoever.

Thank God he isn't some Russian playboy who bought the club with his own money and goes to every match.

;)

Our foreign investor may not be putting much cash into the club but it means that we get odd, odd things like this happening.

Well...He's a better goal-keeper than Richard Wright!

SB

I wonder could we be seeing the end of the Russian Revolution at Stamford Bridge given the Special One's latest whingeing about not being given money to spend to bring in players.

He can't be too pleased with that on top of the league position and should Chelsea win the Champions League then the Special One might be off to pastures new next season. [/b]

It's bearing all the hallmarks isn't it?

So, how many of the ******* glory hinters will revert from blue to red at the end of the season? It'll be like the 1997 general election. [/b]

Oh no not another Tory voter in my house! ;)

<div class='quotemain'> So, how many of the ******* glory hinters will revert from blue to red at the end of the season? It'll be like the 1997 general election. [/b]
Oh no not another Tory voter in my house! ;)
[/b][/quote]

We will have as many Tory's in this place, as it is half mine... :p

Results from this weekend's action

Blackburn 0-2 Arsenal
Bolton 0-0 Man City
Charlton 1-3 Middlesbrough
Chelsea 4-0 Wigan
Everton 1-1 Reading
Man Utd 3-1 Aston Villa
Sheff Utd 1-1 Portsmouth
Tottenham 2-3 Newcastle :eek:
Watford 0-3 Liverpool
West Ham 3-3 Fulham

Something must be rotten in the state of Denmark, Newcastle picking up another away win in London this season, astonishing stuff. Watched a bit of the United match on Saturday, Villa looked spent after their efforts in the cup game, although that corner from Carrick was pure comical, certainly getting value for money there.

Kudos to Newcastle, An Tarbh, that was a great game of football.
[/b]

It was awesome...that Martins strike was something else. Spurs just got that wee bit too cocky when they were all over them at 2-1.

SB

Anyone else think this season's goal of the season is going to be very, very tough to predict?

jesus goal of the month for december was hard enough, so I'd imagine that goal of the season will be a bit of a headscratcher as well. I'd still probably go for Taylor though.

On an earlier point made, Arsenal do have some decent youth, just at the mo. They are all on loan.

Kerrea Gilbert
Ryan Garry
etc

Bm

Latest posts