• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premiership 2005-2006 thread 2

im hoping chelsea loose one more game before we play them - as with out game in hand it could make a little bit of a ***le race.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Mar 27 2006, 10:22 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Mar 27 2006, 07:37 PM
HA HA! Owned, blue shite, and we only had 10 men!  :bravo:  :bravo:  :bravo:
Yep great stuff :bana:

Little Luis looks back to his best,great game from him..... class goal from Kewell aswell.

As for Newcastle, I told An Tarbh that Craig Moore would be a great addition to the side once he returns from injury ...... i was dead on there :lol: [/b]
Wise words indeed :bravo: :lol:

The referee at Chelski was clearly bullied as a child.

The first case of a sending off for not giving him his ball back.

Daft little twat. <_<

Truly was pathetic although the standard of reffing in the premiership leaves a lot to be desired, and to think Mike Reilly gets to ruin some poor teams world cup campaign.

Man Utd 1 - 0 West Ham

Second place fades more and more as every game goes by...

For those who haven't heard

Liverpool confirm takeover talks

Investment may include offer for 'entire share capital of club'

Georgina Turner
Wednesday March 29, 2006

Liverpool today confirmed they are in discussions with potential investors - talks that, according to a statement, may lead to a buyout of the club.
A consortium headed by Spanish telecommunications multi-millionaire Juan Villalonga became the latest one linked with investment in the club this week, with Villalonga saying he wanted Liverpool to "change from a domestically focused club into a global force".

The Liverpool board, however, confirmed negotiations were under way with "a number of parties".

A club statement read: "The board of Liverpool FC has noted the recent press speculation concerning possible third-party investment into the club and can confirm that it is continuing discussions with a number of parties regarding a potential investment of new funds into the club. Although the structure of any such investment is uncertain, it may include an offer for the entire share capital of the club. Shareholders will be kept updated as appropriate."
Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry later played down the statement, however. "Due to the reports over the weekend, we're obliged to make a statement and write to shareholders," he said. "It's a formality, but there has been no change to the situation."

The news came as Deloitte football analyst Dan Jones advised the club that they must redevelop Anfield or finance a new stadium if they're to keep up with the likes of Manchester United and Newcastle United, who both play in front of far larger crowds.

"Liverpool's turnover was £122m last year when they won the Champions League so they cannot really do much better than that," said Jones.

"Whether they move to a new stadium or redevelop Anfield, it is essential they do something. Every season they are £35m behind Manchester United on matchday takings. One can see with Newcastle the benefits that can be gained by getting your stadium right.

"They have done very well and finished just outside the top 10 in Europe in terms of earnings despite not having a very good time on the pitch."

One of several bids for the club in recent years, tabled by local businessman Steve Morgan, foundered by the end of last year after the true cost of a new stadium was revealed.

The club had already been the subject of interest from Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who was hopeful of buying a 30% stake in the club in March 2004. His interested ended in June that year after failing to reach an agreement with chief executive Rick Parry. Shinawatra's means of raising the necessary funds - some £60m - were also brought into question.

By the end of 2005 a bid from a Thai media tycoon had been made and aborted, while reported interest from the US-based family Kraft never came to anything.

[/b]

Link

Providing it's NOT Steve Morgan i only see it being a positive step. We need money for the squad, and we need a new stadium, desperately.

These stories are getting as common as the Ashley Cole move to Chelsea. Will it happen? Who knows.

Anyway Newcastle are safe having passed 40 points and with a new manager in the offing the optimism might well be returning.

Also we could have a ***le race in the offing, if United can beat Arsenal and keep the gap at 7 and get it down to 4 with a win at Chelsea then the Blues will be well and trully getting nervy on their run-in.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Apr 3 2006, 08:59 AM
Also we could have a ***le race in the offing, if United can beat Arsenal and keep the gap at 7 and get it down to 4 with a win at Chelsea then the Blues will be well and trully getting nervy on their run-in.
Chelsea will still win the ***le. They won't drop 7 points and Manchester United won't beat them, especially not if they play like they did on Saturday. They played like a bunch of strangers and Rooney was bobbins.

united are playing alot better than chelsea. and i believe if we beat arsenal and chelsea well win the ***le.

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 4 2006, 05:36 AM
united are playing alot better than chelsea.
...and Arsenal are playing alot better than ManUre

Henry>Rooney and Van Nistelrooy

United are dreaming if they think they will win the ***le. They have no chance, they have left their surge too late. Besides, they'll drop points against Arsenal this weekend. And that will be the end of that. And Demento will have to come out on TV and say "It's over" and look like a right twonk.

they said that when we were chasing newcastle we would catch them and we did,they also said that about arsenal.

Lora, I won't just guarantee that United will falter in their "***le chase", I will guaran-DAMN-tee it.

what i aint no jack fan.

i support cardiff city as their my local side, but i also support mancester united as i have alot of relatives up their and have been going to see them since i was nipper.

Latest posts