• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

tha's funny just watched In Brugges again this afternoon, brilliant film, just the right amount of humour for me considering the overriding subject. Love the bit with the tourists.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Jan 29 2009, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Revolutionary Road.
Booo. Depressing.
My wife argued that, "No, it's a good film, it has good acting." I agreed, the acting was great. The film is just a big lump of depression that paints the lives of my grandparents generation as hopelessly depressing. I then reminded her that she said the same of the film "In Brugges" which I loved and she hated how it ended.
So, no to Revolutionary Road,
Yes, to In Brugges[/b]

But then it's realistic, no? What did you want the film to be?

Eden lake. good british horror. Sadistic torture scene was pretty uncomfortable but overall it was better than the usual gory horror.

Watched Chaos Theory for Valentines day with a lady friend. It was pretty run of the mill formula for a complicated romantic movie, just with a different plot but i enjoyed it.

Saw The Good, The Bad And The Ugly just now. Not a fan of Westerns, but this movie was epic. First movie I've seen Eastwood in aswell.

Try For a few dollars more or Unforgiven, both classics starring Eastwood. Cant believe you have only seen 1 Clint Eastwood film.

First famous role I've seen at least. Probably seen one of his more obscure roles so yeh.
Will check them out if I get the chance, and if I'm in the mood for a Western.

Seen quite a few recently.
In Bruges - really enjoyed, very funny.
Shoot 'em Up - absolute pile of ****.
Burn After Reading - pointless but fun.
The Strangers - Awesome. Terrifying and brilliant.

:D

Saw Unforgiven today. Good movie, though, and I don't know whether this is just because it didn't meet my tastes or because I'm f***ing ill, I don't think it's in the same league as TGTB&TU.

I watched Watchmen yesterday. Has to be BY FAR the best Superhero movie ever. In, fact, i think it's one of the best movies i have ever seen. Unbelievable.

My thoughts echoed there. Will love to own Watchmen on Blu Ray on day one of release.

1. Gran Torino - Brilliant - Eastwood still has the menacing character that you wouldn't **** with down pat!
2. Marley & Me - Popcorn flick with a few good laughs and a tear if you're a dog owner.
3. Slumdog - Brilliant! Nuff said.
4. Changeling - Chick flick - but enough cop corruption etc.. to keep us lads entertained
5. Taken - A true "leave your brain outside" movie. Counting bad guy deaths is fun!
6. Bride Wars - I will never get that time back...ever...i would suggest eating dog **** on a cream cracker - slightly more entertaining..
7. In Bruges - Brilliant! So So Funny..."It was like i was dreaming, but i was awake!"

Also watched Slumdog Millionaire and it lived up to its hype. Brilliant film with a great script. The whole time I watching it I was thinking this is how I like films to be.

Went to see Watchmen last night and despite what other members have said about it came away pretty bored. The film was really well made and had the potential to be outstanding but just fizzled out. Im not a big sci-fi fan so maybe thats something to do with it but others in the audience were mumbling "what a load of shite" type of comments so I wasnt alone. The mars scenes in particular were pretty pathetic.

I saw watchmen as well i gotta admit is was boring as f***. I know what its supposed to be about but for reviews to say its "packed with action" is just absurd. The only action in the whole movie was watchin Dr. Manhattans dick appear in every f***ing scene. Overall, there were to many dicks, semi animated and non animated, seriously more ***s from that sexy ***** and less dick.

Also it was pretty much all talking the whole movie, and it was really boring and as danny said the mars scene was pathetic.

Saw Slumdog Millionaire last night. Great film! I really don't feel like extrapolating sorry, but if you haven't already seen it then I suggest you do so.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DC @ Mar 14 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I saw watchmen as well i gotta admit is was boring as f***. I know what its supposed to be about but for reviews to say its "packed with action" is just absurd. The only action in the whole movie was watchin Dr. Manhattans dick appear in every f***ing scene. Overall, there were to many dicks, semi animated and non animated, seriously more ***s from that sexy ***** and less dick.

Also it was pretty much all talking the whole movie, and it was really boring and as danny said the mars scene was pathetic.[/b]

You must be obsessed with mens penises, sorry DC. Dr Manhattan appears in about a dozen scenes, and is completely naked in two of them. One of those scenes is about him reassembling after he was blown apart in the experimental chamber that created him. Surprisingly, they realised that he wouldn't reappear in a three-piece suit. The amount of screen time his penis gets is around about 12 seconds accoring to another site that reviewed it. I'm surprised there's so much talk about it really.

One of the common comments is that it's too long and unrealistic in that way. I'm not at all trying to be boastful when I say that in my own opinion, from what little I bothered to notice it, it wasn't unrealistic at all.

As for the rest of the movie, I guess the message was lost on those who wanted action and a side helping of even more action.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Mar 14 2009, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DC @ Mar 14 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also it was pretty much all talking the whole movie, and it was really boring and as danny said the mars scene was pathetic.[/b]

You must be obsessed with mens penises, sorry DC. Dr Manhattan appears in about a dozen scenes, and is completely naked in two of them. One of those scenes is about him reassembling after he was blown apart in the experimental chamber that created him. Surprisingly, they realised that he wouldn't reappear in a three-piece suit. The amount of screen time his penis gets is around about 12 seconds accoring to another site that reviewed it. I'm surprised there's so much talk about it really.

One of the common comments is that it's too long and unrealistic in that way. I'm not at all trying to be boastful when I say that in my own opinion, from what little I bothered to notice it, it wasn't unrealistic at all.

As for the rest of the movie, I guess the message was lost on those who wanted action and a side helping of even more action.
[/b][/quote]

That's America for you CA...Guns,violence yes, penises oh noooo :eek: :eek:

:rolleyes: :D

Latest posts