• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The LRZ tracker thread

I thought it had to do with age and LRZ was on the wrong side of it. I knew malinder could be signed but thought LRZ would have to be drafted. The IPP director said something about some being free agents eligible and others having to wait for draft.

I like that the other week he said in an interview he wants to go somewhere warm and hinted at one of the Florida sides, then ends up going to one of the coldest in the league - they hit -27 earlier this year for a game

Has the OP ever been right about anything?

"He received 3 offers for training squads, as did a LOT of the IPP players, however none of those came with a firm commitment, or from a decent franchise."

3 x Super Bowl Champions in the last 5 years.

I feel the biggest draw non college athletes have is that they give the NFL coaches a completely a block of clay to work with. No bad habits taught by HS or College coaches potentially.

All they want is enough raw material, strong enough mind and to be young enough that they can take a few years to develop.
Mailata was the perfect mix of all 3 and look at him now, it took him 2 years before he even played a single down of football (And unlike LRZ he couldn't have a free spot as he was drafted)

Has the OP ever been right about anything?

"He received 3 offers for training squads, as did a LOT of the IPP players, however none of those came with a firm commitment, or from a decent franchise."

3 x Super Bowl Champions in the last 5 years.
The 3 offers werent named lol, and he was travelling to 4 teams, 1 of which has won 3 of the last 5 superbowls lol be accurate hahaha

Wade was earning nearly a million dollars on the practice squad, and that comes with a lot of perks...

If LRZ can make a training squad or even a regular team appearance that money could go from 1-5 - 20 million real quick!

Wade was earning nearly a million dollars on the practice squad, and that comes with a lot of perks...

If LRZ can make a training squad or even a regular team appearance that money could go from 1-5 - 20 million real quick!
You don't earn $1m Pa on the practice squad.

You don't earn $1m Pa on the practice squad.
Not as a first year, and dependant on contract. They usually run 200k or so, but perks run that double, maybe triple.

In Wade's final season he earned 600k as a basic, another 300k plus endorsements etc, and didnt make a regular team appearance.

LRZ must be making a documentary too, and he probably already has secured a lot of financial commitments from other sources.

My point is, his first season in the US will be financially better than anything rugby can offer, which is a sad state of affairs when you consider NFL no mark will earn more than rugby global star

Not as a first year, and dependant on contract. They usually run 200k or so, but perks run that double, maybe triple.

In Wade's final season he earned 600k as a basic, another 300k plus endorsements etc, and didnt make a regular team appearance.

LRZ must be making a documentary too, and he probably already has secured a lot of financial commitments from other sources.

My point is, his first season in the US will be financially better than anything rugby can offer, which is a sad state of affairs when you consider NFL no mark will earn more than rugby global star
Looking at Wades career earnings and practice squad earnings I don't think that's true. Obviously higher salaries are insane but looks like Wade (career earnings $980k over 4 years) probs only did slightly better by going to US and LRZ could deffo be on more money in Japan or France, plus international than he will earn this first season.

Looking at Wades career earnings and practice squad earnings I don't think that's true. Obviously higher salaries are insane but looks like Wade (career earnings $980k over 4 years) probs only did slightly better by going to US and LRZ could deffo be on more money in Japan or France, plus international than he will earn this first season.
Wade earnt 660k in his final season as basic, and another 300k in alternative revenue affiliated with the franchise. That's a million dollar season without playing a game.

Still pretty impressive salary for a no mark.

LRZ will bring in 250k basic, another 200-400k in last, documentary money, expenses plus God knows what. Nothing in Rugby union can match that, before you consider the earning ceiling being 20x higher if he does well

Wade earnt 660k in his final season as basic, and another 300k in alternative revenue affiliated with the franchise. That's a million dollar season without playing a game.

Still pretty impressive salary for a no mark.

LRZ will bring in 250k basic, another 200-400k in last, documentary money, expenses plus God knows what. Nothing in Rugby union can match that, before you consider the earning ceiling being 20x higher if he does well
Where are you getting the extra revenue figure from? Everything I can find online says he only earned more than he did at wasps in his last season. He states he was on $400k at that point.

LRZ could probs get £500k plus in rugby.

I'd seen he's getting 700k - I assume it's a different deal given it seems that was competition around him?

Where are you getting the extra revenue figure from? Everything I can find online says he only earned more than he did at wasps in his last season. He states he was on $400k at that point.

LRZ could probs get £500k plus in rugby.
Experience of working in NFL and friends who still do.

It is accepted that a basic practice squad wage of 250k is about 40 - 80% of earnings in real terms (depending on the player, franchise, status etc).
Wade's last season salary is published as 660k, but that doesnt include bonuses, perks or sponsorships.

Experience of working in NFL and friends who still do.

It is accepted that a basic practice squad wage of 250k is about 40 - 80% of earnings in real terms (depending on the player, franchise, status etc).
Wade's last season salary is published as 660k, but that doesnt include bonuses, perks or sponsorships.
He's said in interviews he earned $400k and the sites I've seen quoting 660 all say estimated figures. But if you want go with them they say he earned $140k two years and $11k another year. For $960 in total which would be less than the £250k plus he was on at wasps (where he also got endorsements) over 4 years. (Obvs would've been screwed by wasps going bust in the mean time.)