• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Lions squad for 2021 prediction

The problem with Russell is who does he not take out of Biggar, Sexton and Farrell? All of whom he preferred last time out and Russell isn't the prospect he was 4 years ago.

Price probably goes though especially with Youngs ruling himself out.

VDM feels like an outlier I'd take LRZ over him.

If your going for a bit more of a maverick 10 than Biggar, Sexton etc. I just think Ford is the more complete 10 and better player so would go with him.

If your going for a bit more of a maverick 10 than Biggar, Sexton etc. I just think Ford is the more complete 10 and better player so would go with him.
I'd be taking Ford but like Russell Gatland didn't take him last time out and I don't what either have done in the intervening years for him to change his mind.

Either way I think the Scots are most likely to lose thier cool tomorrow they just seams to have the most players on the fringes of selection with only one nailed on definitely going. Not saying it will happen just the most likely.

I'd be taking Ford but like Russell Gatland didn't take him last time out and I don't what either have done in the intervening years for him to change his mind.

Either way I think the Scots are most likely to lose thier cool tomorrow they just seams to have the most players on the fringes of selection with only one nailed on definitely going. Not saying it will happen just the most likely.
Just to go further my Lions baclkine would likely be diffrent to the one used (well actually possible only two players differnce and injury permitting),

9 - Pick a guy or give DuPont honorary citizenship. Get an in-form Murray from 4 years ago.
10 - Ford
11 - Watson
12 - Henhsaw
13 - Tuilagi
14 - LRZ
15 - Hogg

Well where is any evidence on us English being bias? Most English fans under rate their players unlike the welsh.

The fact that you think you're free of any bias just proves my point. Welsh rugby culture is totally different. I can only speak for me and my family and Welsh people I know but they can be some of the most negative, self deprecating fans I know of.

I honestly can't be bothered by this bollix anymore, though. You think you're above all this then great. Kudos to you my friend. Go well.

As far as Scotland goes I'd say only 2 are nailed on. Watson and Hogg

Russell is likely imo. Price has a decent chance as does Sutherland.

Then Gray, Ritchie, Turner and Harris as outliers who have a half/qtr chance.

I'd take Hogg, Russell, Watson and Sutherland.

Wouldn't be at all annoyed if Price went too and I'd have Gray and Ritchie on standby lists.
I agree with everything you say here, which is a novel experience! Although I'd add VdM to the standby list.

The problem with Russell is who does he not take out of Biggar, Sexton and Farrell? All of whom he preferred last time out and Russell isn't the prospect he was 4 years ago.

Price probably goes though especially with Youngs ruling himself out.

VDM feels like an outlier I'd take LRZ over him.
Farrell goes as a 12, meaning he can take all 4.

Still a call up

Sipping Boba Fett GIF
True - but you may remember 36 and Christian Wade were also called up on gatlands tours

The fact that you think you're free of any bias just proves my point. Welsh rugby culture is totally different. I can only speak for me and my family and Welsh people I know but they can be some of the most negative, self deprecating fans I know of.

I honestly can't be bothered by this bollix anymore, though. You think you're above all this then great. Kudos to you my friend. Go well.
Jesus pal give it a rest...this isn't your thread. It's almost as if you believe in your head , that it's only your opinion that counts !!
You need to read up on the word myopic give some of the really good posters on here a chance

Think we're getting soft with age.... The 15 year old versions of ourselves that joined this forum would never be accused of being balanced!

I have seen posts about Russell, Ford, Farrell and even Marcus Smith, why is no one talking about Tim Corkery?

For a team that has only really had one good World Cup within the last decade and only a handful of wins against Aus and RSA with no wins against the best, the Welsh sure know how to talk a good game. It's a shame they never manage to play a good game and get very far.

The only thing Wales aims for is to be us and win the Grand Slam. They're a pathetic rugby nation. We should kick them out of the Lions and take the superior French lot instead.

Farrell goes as a 12, meaning he can take all 4.
Honestly you think he'd take 4 10's in a 36 man squad? Even if Farrell goes as 12 he's either starting at 12 with no 10 cover on the bench or he's bench cover for 10/12. That gives him more room for say the back row where there's real competition for places.

Honestly you think he'd take 4 10's in a 36 man squad? Even if Farrell goes as 12 he's either starting at 12 with no 10 cover on the bench or he's bench cover for 10/12. That gives him more room for say the back row where there's real competition for places.

How do we know it's a 36 man squad? Given the close calls with 10s, he could quite easily make it a 37 man squad. He gets to decide how many players he wants. There are no limits on squad size.

Six nations had some bangers, I can't wait

and then we'll get an influx of South African users over the summer banging on about the world cup as well

Glorious glorious chaos

Well we are the World Champs...

And the last time we hosted the Lions, we were the World Champs too, but then coached by PDV...

With that said, the Lions will be our first test since the World Cup final. And we will in all likelihood be very rusty as a group.

But yeah, anticipating a lot of chaos... as usual...

Latest posts