• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby Semi-Final: Waratahs vs Highlanders

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, well you might have thought it would be a joke, but it wouldn't have had conferences, so it would have been fair, and isn't that what you want? The ARU had a solution that eliminated all of South Africa's crazy conferences and weird scheduling, but NZ were happy to sacrifice fairness for SA dollars.

As I said, you can complain about it all you want, but you lot as much to blame for all this than anyone else, and more so that we are.

Because SA actually get the most money through broadcasting rights and such hence they are supposedly paying for the rest of us to play hence they got more say in this instance. Doesnt mean one thing cant be changed in this conference system to right the wrongs!

You'd think even an idiot Australian could see this isnt right....

Because SA actually get the most money through broadcasting rights and such hence they are supposedly paying for the rest of us to play hence they got more say in this instance. Doesnt mean one thing cant be changed in this conference system to right the wrongs!

You'd think even an idiot Australian could see this isnt right....

Congratulations, you're finally getting it. Yes South Africa offer the most money. So to reiterate my earlier post, do you now see that in the balance between profit and fairness, it's not terribly likely that organisations will sacrifice the latter for the former, but they generally will sacrifice fairness.

So again, complain all you like, but take it up with your own crowd for not thinking up their own proposal. At least we ****ing tried something that would have been fair. What did NZ propose?

Congratulations, you're finally getting it. Yes South Africa offer the most money. So to reiterate my earlier post, do you now see that in the balance between profit and fairness, it's not terribly likely that organisations will sacrifice the latter for the former, but they generally will sacrifice fairness.

So again, complain all you like, but take it up with your own crowd for not thinking up their own proposal. At least we ****ing tried something that would have been fair. What did NZ propose?

Your a complete moron and your missing my point that the NZRU rightly told australia to **** off because their proposal was solely about the australian players making more money!!! The NZRU rightly wants to win test matches even if they might loose money in the long run.... Therefore the NZ position is not so much about the money!!

So who are the money grubbing punks in this whole scenario?? Yep thats right the Australian players....

Your a complete moron and your missing my point that the NZRU rightly told australia to **** off because their proposal was solely about the australian players making more money!!! The NZRU rightly wants to win test matches even if they might loose money in the long run.... Therefore the NZ position is not so much about the money!!

So who are the money grubbing punks in this whole scenario?? Yep thats right the Australian players....

Whatever mate, you've spent the entire time on this *****ing and whining about the fairness of the competition's structure, so it's pretty ****ing disingenuous to turn around now and say "NZ want to win test matches" and so should make the trade off with Super Rugby.

If you think that, then what the **** are you *****ing about?

Also, how would the Australian players have made more money? The South African TV deal was always going to be the most lucrative and therefore best for player salaries. The Australian model was going to benefit us only by cutting travel time, which is RUPA's biggest gripe. You'd have had a fairer comp with the likely scenario of less Aussie teams in the playoffs because they'd be jostling fairly with the NZ sides.

It seems to me you just want any excuse to be ****** at Australia, but are completely blind to anything in NZ. With that in mind, and your complete unwillingness to accept that your country is in any way complicit, I don't think it's worth talking to you any further.

Whatever mate, you've spent the entire time on this *****ing and whining about the fairness of the competition's structure, so it's pretty ****ing disingenuous to turn around now and say "NZ want to win test matches" and so should make the trade off with Super Rugby.

If you think that, then what the **** are you *****ing about?

Also, how would the Australian players have made more money? The South African TV deal was always going to be the most lucrative and therefore best for player salaries. The Australian model was going to benefit us only by cutting travel time, which is RUPA's biggest gripe. You'd have had a fairer comp with the likely scenario of less Aussie teams in the playoffs because they'd be jostling fairly with the NZ sides.

Your hilarious you put words in my mouth and try to palm it off as what I said then go off on some random tangent about **** benefitting australia.... which is what its all about in your mind of course!

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway your wasting your time on me, none of your nonsense makes any sense so I suggest we start talking about the game tonight!

Your hilarious you put words in my mouth and try to palm it off as what I said then go off on some random tangent about **** benefitting australia.... which is what its all about in your mind of course!

Well, half your posts contain little to no grammar, and a raft of spelling mistakes, so forgive me if I sometimes misinterpret what your point is (assuming you ever had one other than a basic desire to whinge about Australia)

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway your wasting your time on me, none of your nonsense makes any sense so I suggest we start talking about the game tonight!

Be happy to. In fact that's what I thought this thread was for, but I walked into a massive *****fest.

I reckon the Waratahs should win in Sydney - forward pack is better over all and the backlines are fairly evenly matched. Only worry I have is no Beale might hurt our creativity. That said, he's also a liability in defence, so if it's tight that might help us

Well, half your posts contain little to no grammar, and a raft of spelling mistakes, so forgive me if I sometimes misinterpret what your point is (assuming you ever had one other than a basic desire to whinge about Australia)

As if I give a toss about spelling mistakes and grammer im clearly getting my point across just fine judging by the level of butthurt going on in here.

As if I give a toss about spelling mistakes and grammer im clearly getting my point across just fine judging by the level of butthurt going on in here.

Yep, you're definitely right about the butt hurt, just wrong on who you're implying it for. Tell me again who came on here basically screaming "IT'S NOT FAIR"?

Be happy to. In fact that's what I thought this thread was for, but I walked into a massive *****fest.

I reckon the Waratahs should win in Sydney - forward pack is better over all and the backlines are fairly evenly matched. Only worry I have is no Beale might hurt our creativity. That said, he's also a liability in defence, so if it's tight that might help us

I wish Beale was in he'd be lucky to get a game in any NZ side (well maybe the saders their shiiiiit). And you lot are playing him out of position along with Folau. Folau was totally outplayed in the last game. As I said in the past Beale should be fullback and Folau should be on the wing but im not complaining that cheika is to dumb to see that.

Last edited:
Saw Skeltons interview, classy comments. Showing big respect to the Highlanders pack. I honestly don't see us winning the battle upfront at all, but as long as we're competitive and can get it out to the back line then we're definitely going to give them trouble. We need to refrain from kicking it to Falou as much as we can, but A.Smiths game and the Highlanders strategy is based around his box kicking, I think we should give it to Sopoaga instead tonight and try let him pick out space and organize our chasers in a good defensive line to minimize the imapct of Falou, because he's the most dangerous player in Rugby from broken play and high ball. He will punish a lot more than what McKenzie did last week.

Last edited:
I wish Beale was in he'd be lucky to get a game in any NZ side. And you lot are playing him out of position along with Folau. Folau was totally outplayed in the last game. As I said in the past Beale should be fullback and Folau should be on the wing but im not complaining that cheika is to dumb to see that.

Beale has worked brilliantly in the past as a second five play maker - see how he set up the first try in last years grand final against the Crusaders and you'll understand how "dumb" Cheika has been to play him there. The problem is he's been massively inconsistent this year. As for Folau, he's made the most metres of any FB in the comp this year, so he's not exactly failing out there.

Yeah Falou is simply devastating. He's a great counter attacking weapon for the Warratahs at FB. Teams fear kicking it to him. He's 2nd only to Ben Smith in the world at 15.

Beale just isn't good enough, he's a Carlos Spencer. Nearly awesome, but ultimately a let down.

Beale has worked brilliantly in the past as a second five play maker - see how he set up the first try in last years grand final against the Crusaders and you'll understand how "dumb" Cheika has been to play him there. The problem is he's been massively inconsistent this year. As for Folau, he's made the most metres of any FB in the comp this year, so he's not exactly failing out there.

Sure but Folau and Beale would score a shed load more tries coming off each others shoulders. Folau can make a break but is usually stopped imagine if someone else made the break then put him away I honestly think he'd be nearly unstoppable. Ben Smith actually has this problem aswell at times. They get alot of go forward for both respective teams but imo they dont score as often as they could.

The Highlanders have not needed to do anything drastic like this because both wings have been devastating.

Last edited:
Yeah Falou is simply devastating. He's a great counter attacking weapon for the Warratahs at FB. Teams fear kicking it to him. He's 2nd only to Ben Smith in the world at 15.

Beale just isn't good enough, he's a Carlos Spencer. Nearly awesome, but ultimately a let down.

Agree. They talked about shopping him to the NRL last year, but the interest wasn't really there as I don't think any club was convinced he'd be competitive.

My prediction for this game is the Tahs are going to be ridiculously cynical and slow the ball down at every opportunity.

I'm ready with my Tahs jersey:

150627115350410214.jpg

Latest posts