• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby play-offs: Crusaders - Bulls in Christchurch (21/07/2012)

16-3 at halftime. The Bulls need to score quickly in the second half if they want to turn this game around.

Are you watching Heyneke Meyer, that is the core of your Bok team showing their worth...

Iv been watching spies as usual.... im blowed if i know why he gets selected for the springboks you guys have got better 8's than him.

At this stage, Kankowski is the obvious choice at 8 for the Boks. Yes, I said it!

Spies, Hougaard, Steyn, Kirchner... All had awful games and I hope we see a better showcase from the Sharks.

At this stage, Kankowski is the obvious choice at 8 for the Boks. Yes, I said it!

Spies, Hougaard, Steyn, Kirchner... All had awful games and I hope we see a better showcase from the Sharks.

You forget about Duane.... soon.

Anyways, I couldn't be happier; some of these ineffectual Bulls players surely showed they weren't any better than players at other franchises with that 'performance'.

I tell you all here and now if Steyn is 10 for the Bokke while there is a fit Lambie or Goosen I will be behind the Pumas all the way. I just couldn't take another 4 years like the previous 'cycle'.

By Kirchner's horrendous standards I actually didn't think he had a bad game.

Remorselessly steamrollered by a clinical Crusaders outfit. The home side went all out to get the lead, and then just kept the Bulls at arms length.

The Bulls were pants. They appeared clueless and at a loss to know how to generate some "go-forward". When Plan "A" (kicking the ball up the middle and chasing it) didn't work they appeared to be unable (or perhaps unwilling) to put Plan "B" into action. Perhaps they don't have a Plan "B'; with a one-dimensional "kick and hope" fly-half like Morne Steyn, I would not be surprised if they didn't.

Peter Grant should be given a go by Meyer as well. Although his kicking game probably isn't long or good enough for international level.

Lambie, Goosen and Jantjies are the best 3 fly-halves at the moment, with the latter being the least of the 3 haha.

Yet I can guarantee you M.Steyn will be starting come Rugby Championship...

Would rather have Lambie or Grant at 10. Actually would rather have Frans Steyn at 10, with JDV and JDJ in the centres.

F.Steyn at 10 is a bad, bad idea. It's been tried, it didn't work. He is a beast at 12 and that is where he belongs.

F.Steyn at 10 is a bad, bad idea. It's been tried, it didn't work. He is a beast at 12 and that is where he belongs.
Was just fortunate for SA that the final nail in his coffin as a fly-half came in a BaaBaa's game and nothing more meaningful and competitive.

EDIT: Or was he playing for the BaaBaa's at 10? I can't remember now, but either way he was diabolical!

If Morne Steyn and Zane Kirchner are starting in any match during the RC, Meyer proves he is just a moron as P Divvy.

Ugh! What a kak game to watch as a Bulls fan... Well done Crusaders, you were awesome!

Still proud of my team to get this far after so many top guys exiting last year, and after so many people wrote them off in the beginning of the year, to end in the top half of the competition is no small feat. Guys like Morne Steyn should rest now... To play every game week in and week out is bound to take its toll and it showed the last few weeks.

To go to Christchurch and outscore the Saders in the try dept is something to take as a positive, even though that's the only positive thing I saw today...

Latest posts