• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby: Highlanders vs. Reds in Dunedin (29/03/2013)

NZ sides not looking clinical lately. If the Wallabies just pick mainly from the Reds they'll be right against the Lions (and for the RC for that matter).

They would be better off picking from the Brumbies - the Reds have been very hit and miss this season.

Nonu gets fired up (at last) and hammers Cooper.

EDIT: We can't even win our own lineouts anymore. Pathetic.

Last edited:
We have no hookers... SMH

Let's hope the ABs don't carry the form of our SR sides. What a mess.

We have no hookers... SMH

Let's hope the ABs don't carry the form of our SR sides. What a mess.

I wouldn't be to worried - the Chiefs have been very good and the Crusaders are looking back to their best after a slow start.

Anyways, simple try Genia. Almost game over for the Highlanders.

Well done to Genia and the reds but thats just very very poor defence on that try. There was nobody within miles of tackling him. Again it looks like a backrow issue. They reds deff had an advantage in the scrum but that was just poor.

I wouldn't be to worried - the Chiefs have been very good and the Crusaders are looking back to their best after a slow start.

Anyways, simple try Genia. Almost game over for the Highlanders.
lol yeah don't worry about me - I tend to be a worry wort/knee-jerk reactor for the teams I follow.

IF the Highlanders can score a quick one here...

Ioane introducing his 'skills' to Super Rugby.

EDIT: Try Gear - about time we got the ball into Ben Smith's hands!

Last edited:
Gill is gone and to me its made a huge difference. The landers just need to stop the stupid mistakes as they are getting go forward with that new guy in the 8 jersey.

Reds are actually looking a bit shakey to me now. Nonu and Gear are putting in some big spot tackles and its stuffing the reds attack up a bit.

NONU! All on for the final 10 minutes now!

EDIT: I agree entirely austingtir - the loss of Gill at HT has really hurt the Reds.

Other than a couple of knock ons he's been outstanding. Really saved the highlanders on D a couple of times.

Penalty yep i agree take the 3. Still just enough time and gives them more options to win.

Is it just me, or is Justin Marshall a bit of a try-hard at trying to be neutral and overly "unbiased"? Lucky that went over as didn't agree with the call as it was a bit far away.

But oh well.

I dont agree with lots of decisions by that ref jacko that last penalty to the reds at the scrum was a load of crap. Genia has an old head and knows to hold onto the ball and play the ref. Just bullcrap. Thats another thing that needs a bit of 5 second rule treatment. If the other team gets the hit in the scrum and you dont put the ball in thats just rubbish. Rant over.

The game was lost long before that though so whatever. Just stupid mistakes as usual.

They should start that number 8 tj he's way more effective than that other idiot.

Last edited:
Big chance for the Highlanders here... and we stuff it up completely...

Disappointing finish. Dumb move/pass by Nonu. Not my 12 of choice for the ABs with that type of play.

I dont agree with lots of decisions by that ref jacko that last penalty to the reds at the scrum was a load of crap. Genia has an old head and knows to hold onto the ball and play the ref. Just bullcrap. Thats another thing that needs a bit of 5 second rule treatment. If the other team gets the hit in the scrum and you dont put the ball in thats just rubbish. Rant over.

The game was lost long before that though so whatever. Just stupid mistakes as usual.

They should start that number 8 tj he's way more effective than that other idiot.

Please no. We are bad enough already without him starting. He wasn't actually that bad this match - I think he only knocked the ball on once in his 35 mins (which may be a new record for him). He did get us over the advantage line a few times, but he is still a ball hog, and his decision making with ball hand is still dodgy. Dixon was a bit quieter this match, but had been pretty good for the Highlanders this season, so should continue to start in the 8 jersey IMO.

We do seem to be getting closer to winning, but we are still making far too many basic errors. We need to straighten up our backline attack (which should be easy with Nonu at 12!), and sort out a more mobile loose-forward combination. I think we have another bye in a few weeks time - we are sure to get 4 points that weekend....

Latest posts