• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 15: Bulls vs Sharks. Loftus Versfeld (24/2/2012, 17:10 GMT)

What's happened to Kanko? 2008/09 all the Saffas on here used to absolutely drool over him.
Dunno. No fire in his belly. He was never the most aggressive eight, but he could play some very good matches. Now he is some 'specialty, dry-field player', meaning very limited.
He needs a kick up the arse, and Plumtree needs to drop him once we get a blindside back.

What a boring first half! OMW!!

got better in the 2nd half with both teams upping the tempo, but a lot of handling errors and scrum penalties. Oh, and Pro Legoete, please F-off!! I also thought the lead-up to Botes' try there was a minor forward pass, but, the ref was in no position to call it, so okay, can't complain.

I think both teams can look at some of the positives, instead of the negatives as this was after all the first game of the season... both very physical up front, and that has to put a smile on Heyneke Meyer's face...

some real good performances by Juandre Kruger (Man of the Match), Jacques Potgieter, Mvovo, Viljoen and Francois Venter... Oh and that Jordaan kid that came up at the end, reminded me of Brent Russel...

As a bulls fan, I'm happy with the win, but a bit concerned, especially with what it looks like a broken rib for Sadie... Sorry Sharks, was a tough game away from home... but stand proud, it could've been worse... we could've beaten you in Pink jersey's... :p

The first 60 minutes where horrible. Close game at the end. Will put my money on the Stormers this year.

Just woke up after a long Fridaynight... Watched this match to start off and I was disappointed to lose while outscoring the Bulls on tries. Sharks defense is amazing and it shows we can really compete with the top teams. The Bulls backline with Basson, Hougaard, Sadie Venter and Engelbrecht looks very dangerous but we managed to keep them away from the try-line.

Sharks deserved more...

These games always make Morne Steyn look like a world class player
Grats to the Bulls, bet you the Sharks now regret playing "soft" pre season games, took them all but 50 minutes to find any form

Oh, my word, I said beforehand people shouldn't write the Bulls off but I meant teams like the Cheetahs, Chiefs, Highlanders etc. Sharks really messed with my vCash (what little I had left) and superbru. I hope they continue sucking anus against the Stormers next week as we weren't overly dominant ourselves but they should really stop it thereafter because it's embarrassing.

Oh, my word, I said beforehand people shouldn't write the Bulls off but I meant teams like the Cheetahs, Chiefs, Highlanders etc. Sharks really messed with my vCash (what little I had left) and superbru. I hope they continue sucking anus against the Stormers next week as we weren't overly dominant ourselves but they should really stop it thereafter because it's embarrassing.

Based on what I saw this past weekend... I think that the Stormers are in for a hard battle... The Sharks and Bulls showed a lot of physicality throughout the game, which wasn't in the Stormers game... also, Bismarck had a quiet game vs the Bulls... and I think he'll be raring to go this weekend...

interesting battle awaits between the no. 13's Habana vs Pietersen...

As for the Bulls, no news yet on Sadie... and Strauss of the cheetahs has been banned for 2 weeks on his tackle of Wicus van Heerden...

Based on what I saw this past weekend... I think that the Stormers are in for a hard battle... The Sharks and Bulls showed a lot of physicality throughout the game, which wasn't in the Stormers game... also, Bismarck had a quiet game vs the Bulls... and I think he'll be raring to go this weekend...

interesting battle awaits between the no. 13's Habana vs Pietersen...

As for the Bulls, no news yet on Sadie... and Strauss of the cheetahs has been banned for 2 weeks on his tackle of Wicus van Heerden...

I'm surprised at this comment as I thought the Stormers were physically dominant on Saturday, specifically in the set pieces and mauls. Apart from the front row (which without beast is borderline) the stormers have a more physically dominant pack than the sharks in every aspect, their locks don't even compare and our loosies are far more powerful if not necessarily better.

If Peter grant is back to give our backs more experienced service I highly doubt the sharks have a chance, especially considering we are playing at Newlands.
Call it personal bias if you like but that's how I see it.

I'm surprised at this comment as I thought the Stormers were physically dominant on Saturday, specifically in the set pieces and mauls. Apart from the front row (which without beast is borderline) the stormers have a more physically dominant pack than the sharks in every aspect, their locks don't even compare and our loosies are far more powerful if not necessarily better.

If Peter grant is back to give our backs more experienced service I highly doubt the sharks have a chance, especially considering we are playing at Newlands.
Call it personal bias if you like but that's how I see it.

Agree, the stormers did dominate the canes forwards and if it wasn't for their flyhalf (who were outstanding) the scoreline could have been much worse.

that said (and I don't want to take anything away from the stormers) I think the canes were really horrible. They showed now intensity and had absolute no dicsipline.

The sharks will be much more of a test this coming weekend.

i must say i'm impressed with the little I saw of JJ... pitty as he is wasted talent at the bulls... chances of you getting hit by lightning in snowstorm are greater than getting ball in hand at the bulls... pitty... that goes for sadie aswell...

Terrible game to watch even though it was a tense encounter.
Discipline was a massive factor to our loss. B Du Plessis and Daniel need to chill out, they're our leaders now and we need them to be setting the example in terms of conduct and composure.
Our forward pack got monstered physically and techically. The Bulls broke our momentum by stealing our line outs and enhanced their momentum by bombarding us with rolling mauls.

Whitehead was a shining beacon. It took some balls to do what he did to set up our try. Was a brilliant piece of play.
Overall our backline showed signs of potential and were very rusty and disjointed. I'd keep the same backline for the Stormers game.

Last edited:

Latest posts