• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Southern Kings 2013

Well, I rather have Lambie with the Sharks now than on the bench for the Boks. I never wish an injury upon a player but I sincerely hope Morne Steyn breaks his ankle or something.

even if he breaks his neck, he will still play... even if the other players have to carry him around the field... play he will...

Nicolas vergallo is confirmee by the southern kings for next season... This is a great news for argentinian rugby!!

Nicolas vergallo is confirmee by the southern kings for next season... This is a great news for argentinian rugby!!

Smart signing is that, for both parties. I can't see Vergallo being the last Argentine to sign for the Kings. Tomas De Lá Vega is one that comes straight to mind as a potentially excellent signing for a new franchise.

http://www.rugby365.com/article/49954-kings-to-speak-to-hostile-lions

Also Bandise Maku and [FONT=Arial, MS Trebuchet, sans-serif]Hadleigh Parkes added to the list, adding all new signings together that gives - Demetri Catrakilis, Andries Strauss, Steven Sykes, Nicolas Vergallo, Bandise Maku and Hadleigh Parkes.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, MS Trebuchet, sans-serif]Add Luke Watson and a few others already at the Kings, and a team is starting to shape up, not a team who can beat anyone obviously, but for me the goal must be to beat the Lions and gives ourselves a few years in Super Rugby too develop as a province rather than to win any games short term.[/FONT]

1 Jaco Engels
2 Bandise Maku
3 Clint Newland
4 Steven Sykes
5 Ross Kennedy
6 Luke Watson
7 Mpho Mbiyozo
8 Jacques Engelbrecht
9 Nicolas Vergalo
10 Demetri Catrakilis
11 Marcello Sampson
12 Andries Strauss
13 Siyanda Grey
14 Mzwandile Stick
15 Hadleigh Parkes

TBH I think they'd struggle to beat the Lions as is.

1 Jaco Engels
2 Bandise Maku
3 Clint Newland
4 Steven Sykes
5 Ross Kennedy
6 Luke Watson
7 Mpho Mbiyozo
8 Jacques Engelbrecht
9 Nicolas Vergalo
10 Demetri Catrakilis
11 Marcello Sampson
12 Andries Strauss
13 Siyanda Grey
14 Mzwandile Stick
15 Hadleigh Parkes

TBH I think they'd struggle to beat the Lions as is.

I quiver in fear!

team of has-beens and wannabe's

The team's crap and we're going to lose to everyone doesn't mean EP doesn't deserve at least a shot.
Gauteng doesn't even support the Lions anymore, with most of their public supporting the Sharks and the Bulls where as I believe EP will fill stadiums regularly.

Not to mention the talent that the EC is capable of producing, the team is bad now because there has never been any incentive for EP players to stay in EP, but now that there is I think matters will improve. The only issue is it's not something that will happen over night.

Point is the likes of: Ryan Kanko, Siya Kolisi, Tim Whitehead, JJ Engelbregt, Lwazi Mvovo, Ndungane Brothers, Jacques Potgieter, Grant Hattigh, Keegan Daniels, Brent Russel, Sibusiso Sitole and Lionel mapoe to names those off the top of my head are all from the Eastern Cape.​

Keegan Daniel!!!! Not Daniels! When will people ever learn?

By the way, Kankowski was born in PE but grew up in Durban so he doesn't really count.

Keegan Daniel!!!! Not Daniels! When will people ever learn?

By the way, Kankowski was born in PE but grew up in Durban so he doesn't really count.

But Keegan Daniels sounds much better. I think from now on I'll call him Keegan Daniels, just to **** you off :p

Oh well, it's just something that bugs me. Same as people who write Bismark, Duvenaghe, Etsebeth, Ludick, Pieterson, Kirschner... Yet, they never struggle with Ndungane, Mtawarira, Nyakane and Ralepelle...

Oh well, it's just something that bugs me. Same as people who write Bismark, Duvenaghe, Etsebeth, Ludick, Pieterson, Kirschner... Yet, they never struggle with Ndungane, Mtawarira, Nyakane and Ralepelle...

White people likes to be politically correct...

The team's crap and we're going to lose to everyone doesn't mean EP doesn't deserve at least a shot.
Gauteng doesn't even support the Lions anymore, with most of their public supporting the Sharks and the Bulls where as I believe EP will fill stadiums regularly.

Not to mention the talent that the EC is capable of producing, the team is bad now because there has never been any incentive for EP players to stay in EP, but now that there is I think matters will improve. The only issue is it's not something that will happen over night.

Point is the likes of: Ryan Kanko, Siya Kolisi, Tim Whitehead, JJ Engelbregt, Lwazi Mvovo, Ndungane Brothers, Jacques Potgieter, Grant Hattigh, Keegan Daniels, Brent Russel, Sibusiso Sitole and Lionel mapoe to names those off the top of my head are all from the Eastern Cape.​

You forgot Johan Goosen.

Yeah I agree that the EC needs a chance and is more sustainable than Natal rugby-wise LOL; although they've started developing their own boys in recent years TBF to those banana exporters. People are mad at SARU and the top brass at EPRU though and rightfully so. I do believe we'll see 6 SA teams in the future though and that everything will work out in the end but it could've been better.

Toulouse are claiming that no agreement was reached between them and the Kings over Vergallo and say he is still a Toulouse player. Despite the transfer being made official by the Kings this week.

Looks like SARU aren't giving the Kings the extra foreign based players that they wanted. Going to be capped at 2 like the rest of the SA franchises, considering they already have Vergallo and Parks as well as Clint Newland and Paul Perez on the books, not sure how they're going to handle it.

Looks like SARU aren't giving the Kings the extra foreign based players that they wanted. Going to be capped at 2 like the rest of the SA franchises, considering they already have Vergallo and Parks as well as Clint Newland and Paul Perez on the books, not sure how they're going to handle it.

Finally a bit on sanity prevailed.

If it was up to me there would be no foreign player in any of our squads.

We have one of the biggest talent pools in the world, why shun our own people and get players who are maybe a 6 or a 7 out of 10, when you can breed amazing players with the potential to be 8 or 9 out of 10?

The Kings who wanted to bring Rugby back to the Eastern Cape had a campaign that they have one of the biggest pools of players in the country, yet they want more foreign players, and players from other franchises. If that's not being a Hypocrite then I don't know what is.

Nobody is giving them a chance anyway next year, why not go in with a bang with a bunch of unkowns and make some deserved waves instead of asking for it on a platter.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Cape Town - The Southern Kings are eager to obtain the services of Blue Bulls and Springbok back JJ Engelbrecht.

Die Burger reports that the Kings are currently negotiating with the Bulls to lure the 23-year-old back to his home city.

Engelbrecht, who is highly rated by Bok coach Heyneke Meyer, was schooled at Grey High in Port Elizabeth before joining Western Province after school. He joined the Bulls at the end of last year.

His contract at the Pretoria-based union only expires at the end of 2013 though, so the Kings will have to fight to lure him to the Friendly City.

Engelbrecht, who can play either centre or wing, made his Bok debut against Argentina at Newlands earlier this year.

oh FFS!!

Pretoria - The Blue Bulls have rubbished reports that the Southern Kings are about to snatch up the signature of Springbok JJ Engelbrecht for the 2013 Super Rugby season.

It was reported in Die Burger on Tuesday that the Kings are in the final stages of negotiations to snap up Engelbrecht, who is from Port Elizabeth and attended Grey High School to "return home" and play for the Kings.

But Blue Bulls Company CEO Barend van Graan told the supersport.com website from London there was no way the team would release Engelbrecht.

"It isn't an option," said Van Graan, reiterating the Bok had a contract until the end of the 2013 season, and would be going nowhere.

Engelbrecht signed from the Stormers at the end of last season, and surprisingly became a Bok quickly in June before being dropped ahead of the away leg of the Castle Rugby Championship. But with his house-mate Johann Sadie leaving Pretoria after an unhappy season, Engelbrecht is seen as the natural successor to play 13 and wing in next year's competition.

The Kings, meanwhile, now sit with egg on their faces - especially after their big announcement last week that Bok Bandise Maku and two overseas players would be joining them seems to have fallen through.

Maku tweeted shortly afterwards that he knew nothing of the move and had not signed anything, while Argentinean Nicholas Vergallo has not been released from his French club Toulouse.

In a separate move, the Blue Bulls CEO also confirmed he had turned down a request from Bulls front ranker Frik Kirsten to be released to join Biarritz.

Kirsten is still in contract with the Bulls for another year, and with Rossouw de Klerk and Rayno Gerber both released from their contracts, the Bulls have decided they can't let another prop go.

The Bulls have also signed Free State prop Marcel van der Merwe for the coming season.

HAHAHA!! Are you guys, apart from Someoke, also sitting there smiling and enjoying this hopeless attempts by the Kings to poach players from unions that didn't want them in the tournament in the first place?

Latest posts