• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

hahahaha yer thanks for the replies... i knew that it wouldn't be, cause even the League games were more advanced than that... I'm a proper graphics geek, playing fifa (with all thier likenesses) has really made me a snob!!! ah well i just cant wait for some real juicy news and stuff.... will probs be around 6 nations time i guess. I know HB, how about a 6 nations gift for us, just a Wales vs england Screen capture??? like possibly Henson lining up a kick or somin?? (cause he's of course gonna be back by then :p :p)

some website did an article on rugby challenge and had a screenshot from pro rugby manager

Where are the screen shots of the game that people are talking about?

No screen shots yet... but some pics of the guys at Sidhe working on the game, there are some player models and stadium models but they're not complete

Rugby Challenge 2011 realease date August 5th approx...http://www.mightyape.co.nz/

Before this spreads any further, there is no specific official release date set nor has any been communicated to retailers. Any release date you see put forward by retailer before it appears in an offical announcement or on the official website is a pure guess on their part.

Before this spreads any further, there is no specific official release date set nor has any been communicated to retailers. Any release date you see put forward by retailer before it appears in an offical announcement or on the official website is a pure guess on their part.

Thanks for clearing that up Mario but it can't be too far from that date as the World Cup starts in September...

Just a thought (no it didn't hurt), if this game doesn't reach projected sales to justify making it annually, could both RL and Rugby Challenge be amalgamated into one big rugby game giving a larger budget, a better base to start off (the up and coming Rugby Challenge) as the physics system should work for both, the player motion capture models would work for both, would it be as simple as programming in a separate rule set??? i think it would increase sales, form a guaranteed franchise and blow HB out of the water with their every 4 years shinanigans. if this is totally ridiculous please don't be rude, if you think it is a good idea... i'd like a job in marketing please, salary negotiable :)

I thinks that's a retarded idea. It'd be like making low budget versions of Formula 1 and Moto GP then packaging them both in the same box.

I thinks that's a retarded idea. It'd be like making low budget versions of Formula 1 and Moto GP then packaging them both in the same box.
How would you come to that assumption? They would have a larger budget, pay one team for one project, not two separate teams, they form a good platform to work on, every year they make it they would just have to tweak it with a larger combined budget as they would receive greater revenue from sales as both league and union fans would buy it, otherwise all we'd be able to look forward to would be a game every 4 years, take for example FIFA 96 on ps1 up FIFA 01 on ps1, massive improvement, imagine if we got one rugby game every 4 years potentially we'd have to wait 12 or more years before we get a game with a level of gameplay that could be called a proper simulation

League and Union are two seperate games, why would you package them together?
Makes no sense in a business sense either, as fans of both will buy both

How would you come to that assumption? They would have a larger budget, pay one team for one project, not two separate teams, they form a good platform to work on, every year they make it they would just have to tweak it with a larger combined budget as they would receive greater revenue from sales as both league and union fans would buy it, otherwise all we'd be able to look forward to would be a game every 4 years, take for example FIFA 96 on ps1 up FIFA 01 on ps1, massive improvement, imagine if we got one rugby game every 4 years potentially we'd have to wait 12 or more years before we get a game with a level of gameplay that could be called a proper simulation

Because the only similar characteristic between Rugby League and Rugby Union is the word "Rugby". Completely different entities played in completely different ways. Don't let a select few successful code-switching players let you believe otherwise.

Anyway, what would happen for an amalgamated project is the overall budget would (at very best) maybe increase by 50% (ish), when the developers have the unenviable task of developing 2 completely different AI mechanics, modified game engines, sets of licenses and marketing methods. It's be the electronic equivalent of a utility back - Jack of all trades, master of none. Think Ian Dowling. Only worse.

How is Ian Dowling jack of all trades he only plays wing. TBH Ian Dowling would be worse due to the ugliness factor.

Was more to point out how it would do something badly. And nobody would want it. Because of the terrible job it'd do.

Just like Ian Dowling.

Imagine rugby 08 without the rucks, perfect rugby league game, I don't imagine it is as complicated as you make out, regarding the budget, only one would need to be marketed meaning more money for licensing, if i game is made every year they would get a long term licensing contract which would free up funds for future development,it would be the only viable way the make it annually, your Ian Dowling reference would be more like a italia 90 FIFA 11 amalgamation

Imagine rugby 08 without the rucks, perfect rugby league game, I don't imagine it is as complicated as you make out, regarding the budget, only one would need to be marketed meaning more money for licensing, if i game is made every year they would get a long term licensing contract which would free up funds for future development,it would be the only viable way the make it annually, your Ian Dowling reference would be more like a italia 90 FIFA 11 amalgamation

Its a silly idea honestly.Developers would be just wasting their time and ours if they did a game like this...

Latest posts