• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

To end some conjecture elsewhere, HES has licensed the All Blacks, ITM Cup, and associated NZ Super Rugby teams from the NZRU exclusively. The NZRU can't license to a third party without permission from HES.

I read somewhere that the Wallabies were included also... does this mean that they have the Wallaby license, but not exclusive? or did someone just get carried away a bit? :D

I read somewhere that the Wallabies were included also... does this mean that they have the Wallaby license, but not exclusive? or did someone just get carried away a bit? :D

Yes, the Wallabies license is also listed in the official FAQ and on the website. The deal done with the ARU is also explicitly exclusive to HES.

I'll also add that the All Blacks, Wallabies, and other international team licenses are not automatically granted with the World Cup license.

If this game aint released on Amiga 500, I'll be gutted. Lol. Cant wait for rugby challenge, its shaping up to be a great game. All the best Sidhe.

definately getting both rugby games. To me these two games will be as epic as call of duty.

Risking sounding rude here: Is that a yes or a no?

The NZRU license grants all NZ related teams exclusively including all NZ based Super Rugby teams. Other competition teams fall under other licensing bodies.

My comments were discussing what the NZRU license specifically grants Rugby Challenge. Other licenses, teams, competitions etc will be announced over time.

Thanks Mario for keep us all up to date. We all greatly appreciate it :D :D Making my xmas and uni work flow in a much happier way :p haha. Can't wait to see the actual players perform those animations... looks great so far :D

A video piece on the studio just went up here http://tvnz.co.nz/media7/s5-e29-video-3973962 (starts after the Wikileaks stuff)

Not much on Rugby Challenge overall, but there is a small snippet of some player likeness and animation motion capture stuff in amongst it.

Nice one Mario!!!! good plug for the business. Looks like you guys are doing some nice work there, super excited to see the finished product in another 6-8 months. Keep up the great work and the frequent updates.

Mean, some of that motion capture stuff looks pretty flash! can't wait to se the player likeness and the motion capture all at the same time :D

Probably Rugby Challenge '06

even rugby challenge had better visuals than that.... i quite liked RC 2006, was really "bright" :p anyways its defo gotta be a mistake, cause they look like early ps2 graphics, even ps1 :O :O hahaha or very very very very very very early stages...

To be honest If it played well I would play that haha.

Well, those graphics certainly are better than ps1/2 but definatley not up to ps3/360 standards. That actually
looks like a screen shot from Rugby Manager 2006 (or whatever year the last one was) I remember it having
nice looking stadiums and poor grass textures like in this shot.

EDIT: Its pro rugby manager 2.

Last edited:
Yep, CeeJay's right. The scoreboard gave it away for me.

TVH11, there's no need to be panicking about graphics yet. :)

Latest posts