• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

Yeah I can't not get both of these games.

I wonder which will be the more popular online............................

apparently rugby challenge has exclusive licenses of the super rugby, itm cup and the all blacks... that can only mean bad things for rugby 2012

all it really means is that they'll have to have killer gameplay, and if they do then who cares about the licenses? A modder will come along and fix that within 6 months anyway (as long as HB aren't sill enough to make the game uneditable).

good news, i'm getting both
i think the high rate of info from sidhe is to intercept the attention that HB has been receiving of late.
let them both use every bit of fuel they have to deliver an inferno of a release
oh how i have missed a competitive market
Fifa is only as good as it is because PES is there
NBA games are also unreal becaue 2K and EA push for market share
NFL games - gone to the dogs, with Maddens liscencing monopoliztion
Golf games - gone to the dogs, Tiger games all the same since 2007
make no mistake, competition and choice is the consumers best friend

2K has dominated the NBA market, and I think has the clear advantage moving forward.. 2K11 is a piece of beauty and an apt dedication to the G.O.A.T Michael Jordan. Subsequently I think EA have scrapped the "Live" series.

I would like to see 2K take on Madden as Madden and EA are starting to put out COD type installments, where they tweak 1 thing and continue to charge you top dollar for it.

FIFA is one of the greatest comebacks I have seen in next-gen gaming as it looked certain that Pro Evo would take over until FIFA08 came out. Now FIFA sit on top of the pyramid IMO.

2K has dominated the NBA market, and I think has the clear advantage moving forward.. 2K11 is a piece of beauty and an apt dedication to the G.O.A.T Michael Jordan. Subsequently I think EA have scrapped the "Live" series.
Live has been re-branded Elite, but EA have cancelled this year's ***le.

yep can't wait for this.... as long as HES don't muck up the distribution on this like they have with RLL I'll be happy - Still to receive my copy from Play.com (not Hes's fault but kinda is with my "GAME" situation), ordered it 2 weeks ago, and still no copy :( :( i get the feeling its been lost. The way things are going i'll probs receive RLL when this game gets released..... so i'll be playing union then instead of league (which isn't a bad thing). anyways can't wait for more info/screen for both Rugby 2012 and Rugby Challenge :D

I think there's a system within your play.com account where you can tell them if a package hasn't arrived after 2 weeks, same happened to me and i ended up with 2 copies of the same game (although one was a month late.

EDIT: They send the replacement a lot quicker.

It's not that big a deal really... I think the rugby gaming community is so starved that not having a few licenses will hardly damage its selling prospects. In fact I'd go so far as to say that most rugby fans will likely buy both anyway. I know I will.

im with u there im gona get both anyway

I would like to see 2K take on Madden as Madden and EA are starting to put out COD type installments, where they tweak 1 thing and continue to charge you top dollar for it.

FIFA is one of the greatest comebacks I have seen in next-gen gaming as it looked certain that Pro Evo would take over until FIFA08 came out. Now FIFA sit on top of the pyramid IMO.

Unfortunately, EA bought out the exclusive NFL license so 2k can't make NFL games anymore.

when does that license run out? i suppose the will renew it, anyway.

when does that license run out? i suppose the will renew it, anyway.

I hope one day in the future the NFL, NBA and most of the worlds major sporting associations realise that they can sell the same rights twice for the same price and just not make it exclusive. They can do it. You can sell a tv program to 2 tv networks and it's basically the same thing.

As hard as it is to believe most sporting associations don't set it up this way and this whole exclusivity thing is giving them less than they can get. Why not take two licensing fees?

Dammit.. Although interesting moves in Congress this year has seen Reebok stripped of its monopoly over the NFL uniforms. Maybe 2K might benefit from challenging EA's monopoly over the NFL Franchises. No doubt the NFL would be keen on seeing two ***les on the shelf.

2K if they got the rights to do another NFL game would wipe the floor with EA and yet another EA sports franchise would end up in the toilet.

NFL 2K5 still plays better than Madden 2011
2K nail EA in nearly every sports game there is

i'm going to get rugby challenge first without question, based solely on franchise mode
then maybe if rugby 2012 gets a good review ill get it few months later
thanks mario for updating info so quickly (hint HB)

I'm going to get Rugby Challenge first out of the pure fact that you'd be able to play as Jonah Lomu!

This is good stuff. I'm sure HB will make a great game and I'll definitely buy both, but in terms of the marketing so far Sidhe are just doing a much better job. Gameplay will be key, but the features announced so far make the game very attractive.

Sidhe has made their game very attractive so far with the way they've handled the info release. Will be good to see what HB have up their sleeves to counteract them.

To end some conjecture elsewhere, HES has licensed the All Blacks, ITM Cup, and associated NZ Super Rugby teams from the NZRU exclusively. The NZRU can't license to a third party without permission from HES.

Latest posts