• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's rugby challenge glitches

I didn't realise having several glitches which need you to actually quit the game wasn't considered gameplaybreaking

LOL Ur right there is a glitch that makes you quit..happened to me yesterday but thats the only time its happened..i was fiji vs tonga in the WRC and when the 80min was up i kicked it out then, glitch!..(nightmares from RWC coming back again lol). Once they clean that up and the lineout glitch, RC will become the best rugby game out so far.

if a team knocks the ball on in their own line, and the opposition score from it, the try will be scored but the game will give the other team a 5 metre scrum instead of a kick off. this has happened twice, once while i scored like that and once against me

Had the game a week and havent encountered much in the way of glitches apart from the lineout.

I'm into my 4th season in career mode on pro (ITM Cup only) with still the original roster (Taranaki) so have racked up a decent amount of games with the initial quick game fix to get my head around the game physics.

I've found the passing system to be very good once i got my head around the *cant hold sprint and expect every pass to find its target* philosophy, which in turn has definately increased the *feel* of actually constructing tries as opposed to merely outflanking the AI at every attack.

The offside factor from kicks does annoy me a tad as 99% of the time the AI is there when you field the kick and stifles the counter attack option and the offloads from the AI can frustrate but is imo a minor issue.

Kudos to Sidhe for laying the template for what i hope will be a series of exceptional rugby games(RC2 3 and 4 please :p), and for keeping this old bugger entertained while mouthing my pre chewed steak and veg puree!

just made my RC game even better by editing all players "break tackle" attribute to 0.. but put it up to 50 on the 2-3 impact players per team and also edited all the forwards "speed" to 30.and 40. No more easy walkthrough tries anymore and makes for better goaline/general defense. :)

love it

I like the way ppl are editing the game already,by the time I get the game most ppl can give alota tips in editing the game or players,maybe even beter face editing

Had the game a week and havent encountered much in the way of glitches apart from the lineout.

I'm into my 4th season in career mode on pro (ITM Cup only) with still the original roster (Taranaki) so have racked up a decent amount of games with the initial quick game fix to get my head around the game physics.

I've found the passing system to be very good once i got my head around the *cant hold sprint and expect every pass to find its target* philosophy, which in turn has definately increased the *feel* of actually constructing tries as opposed to merely outflanking the AI at every attack.

The offside factor from kicks does annoy me a tad as 99% of the time the AI is there when you field the kick and stifles the counter attack option and the offloads from the AI can frustrate but is imo a minor issue.

Kudos to Sidhe for laying the template for what i hope will be a series of exceptional rugby games(RC2 3 and 4 please :p), and for keeping this old bugger entertained while mouthing my pre chewed steak and veg puree!

really? coz i've been getting so many glitches and i've only had it for a few days, another one is at the kick off where the player freezes and you can't move him, sometimes this happens during the free run where you're waiting for the game to load. Another one i've had is when you kick a conversion, sometimes it completely screws up and the aiming arrow goes the opposite way you move it and you end up kicking it way to the side

really? coz i've been getting so many glitches and i've only had it for a few days, another one is at the kick off where the player freezes and you can't move him, sometimes this happens during the free run where you're waiting for the game to load. Another one i've had is when you kick a conversion, sometimes it completely screws up and the aiming arrow goes the opposite way you move it and you end up kicking it way to the side

True?

I havent had any of those issues at all mate. :huh: (Xbox360 patched)

Got my game yesterday, played a couple of games, Really love the game!!

Just had one glitch though, i was playing with Pretoria, and Pierre Spies ran through to score a try, but was tackled in goal and knocked on before grounding. the try was still given.

PS3 with patch.

What was pierre spies's name before u edited it?

The one thing that really bothers me is the perfect faces for much of the Australian and New Zealand teams and then less real faces for everyone else. It just is a bit far off.

I've never understood the moaning about the player likeness and such within games. Then the people that moan that players are out of position or whatever. They don't have a fifa budget. They don't have a team of 50 developers working on detailed images. Just live with it.

I've never understood the moaning about the player likeness and such within games. Then the people that moan that players are out of position or whatever. They don't have a fifa budget. They don't have a team of 50 developers working on detailed images. Just live with it.

Likenesses I agree with - Obviously it'd be nice to have everyone looking great, but I don't particularly mind either way as you spend 90+% of the time looking at the back of their heads

However the positioning thing I don't agree with - It doesn't really matter if they have 1 or 1000 guys working on the players, it doesn't take that long to just go through the teams websites (or even just wikipedia) to see where they play
It's not even obscure players they've got wrong (e.g I could understand if they had no idea where Iain Thornley played, for Sale, as he's only played like 5minutes of rugby for us, and the majority of people would have no idea who he is, even if they followed the Aviva Prem) but a player like Andy Goode - he's not the most famous player in the world, but he's been capped for England a fair few times, has played in the Super 14, second highest points scorer in the Aviva Premiership, has been around an age, and then they put him down as a prop?

Andy Goode - he's not the most famous player in the world, but he's been capped for England a fair few times, has played in the Super 14, second highest points scorer in the Aviva Premiership, has been around an age, and then they put him down as a prop?

Well, he has been getting porkier in recent years lol

I really love this game for the following reasons:

1) Compare the amount of players there are in comparison to RWC 2011! That game has 20 teams of 30, and thats it. This game has tons of teams and squads upto 50! I don't know about you guys, but that was my main thing I was keen for with the next rugby game (so you can imagine my disapointment when I spent R600 on RWC, and I'm only a student who works part time as a coach). This game has players that most people haven't heard of and I love it! It makes playing the competition modes sooooo much better, and I sincerely want to thank Sidhe for clearly putting in a decent amount of effort into the rosters. To the lazy assholes at HB, go die in a hole! Those rosters must have taken you lazy shits 5 minutes to complete!

2) Lots of competitions to choose from, including taking the initiative of adding the Quad Nations, which will make the game still cool to play next year

3) The offload mechanism is epic!

4) There are 5 difficulites

5) You have those special features to unlock with Rugby Dollars, which gives incentive to keep playing.

6) In general you guys clearly care about the consumer and put in a nice effort to make a good game, which is MUCH more then I can say for those criminals at HB! God I hate them so much!!!!

There are of course quite a few problems I want to adress:

1) The commentary is horribly unrealistic! Justin Marshall said something like "We await the kick-off for the second half" and Nisbett says "That's right Justin". Okay I guess that technically makes sense, but that is so badly unrealistic!

2) Defending - this is my single-worst aspect of the game. Defense is incredibly hard and often out of your control. No matter how well you tackle, they always offload to someone and often break through the first defender, and sometimes, close to the line, conceding a try is unavoidable, which gets incredibly frustrating! In one-on-ones, the guy normally runs right around you and when you dive for him you fall well short! It's really made it much less enjoyable for me!

3) No set plays. Sidhe, come on....how are we supposed to do drop goals if we can't put our fly-half in the pocket? Come on guys! That was a shocker!

4) Back-line formation. Most of the time you are passing to forwards from the ruck, and when it's a back, it's hardly ever the number 10.

5) The amount of passes to no one. Really rashing how often this happens, even when i've got like 3 guys in support and I throw a pass at the perfect moment and somehow it still goes behind him.

6) No kicking distance attribute. How can distance of goal kicks not be a factor? You surely have to make guys like Francois Steyn, Leigh Halfpenny etc kick super far! Need to have a kicking distance attribute!

7) Lots of key attributes missing for individuals - Scrumming, rucking, line-out throwing, creativity and handling (or by catching do you include catching passes?) . Love the offload and break tackle attributes though

8) Kicking is extremely unrealistic and you don't have any of the correct goal-kicking techniques

9) Is anyone having trouble with catching restarts? No matter where the ball is, in the last couple of days, my guys have stopped catching it! Like when they kick it too deep for their own guys to chase, my guys just leave it until one of the other guys comes and gets it and scores! And yes, I do push X to jump for it!!

If you fixed the above problems, you'd have a near perfect rugby game! I really do like it, despite having a few complaints! If anyone reading this hasn't purchased either rugby game, I strongly reccomend you buy this one and not RWC 2011!!!

In the training mode/pre loading screen i can pass fine, in the game, even using good teams, they just tend to want to pass to no-one. Also side view is impossible to play.

When a player loses the ball on the try line, the video ref always rules it 'held up' even though it was knocked on, so the other team get a 5 metre scrum instead of you getting the scrum.

Had a mini heart attack when I loaded up and it said my save file was corrupted - i could either over write it or play without saving, I chose the latter. Went back to dashboard, re-loaded, same thing again
Luckily resetting my Xbox sorted it - if I would have had to do the rosters again I would've put my 360 through the window :lol:

Edit: Just noticed that my Rugby Dollars have been reset to 0 :( I was soooo close to getting the $100k achievement as well

Last edited:
Had a mini heart attack when I loaded up and it said my save file was corrupted - i could either over write it or play without saving, I chose the latter. Went back to dashboard, re-loaded, same thing again
Luckily resetting my Xbox sorted it - if I would have had to do the rosters again I would've put my 360 through the window :lol:

Edit: Just noticed that my Rugby Dollars have been reset to 0 :( I was soooo close to getting the $100k achievement as well
Bit of a late response but that happened to me. Shat myself, pretty much. Lost my Rugby Dosh but I kept my rosters. After having a 99% updated Sharks team and all Welsh clubs up to date I would have done something similar, Olyy.

well i have finally got the platinum on this, played 50 online games (completed 50 really) that was such a pain. Online in the game is pants, would rather play it multiplayer offline.

Latest posts