• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's rugby challenge glitches

Agree with basically everything you've said, especially that it is the better of the two games.

4) Back-line formation. Most of the time you are passing to forwards from the ruck, and when it's a back, it's hardly ever the number 10.

5) The amount of passes to no one. Really rashing how often this happens, even when i've got like 3 guys in support and I throw a pass at the perfect moment and somehow it still goes behind him.

However, there is actually an option to pass to 10 (hit both pass buttons at once from the base of the ruck.

Also I find passes to no one come from players with a low pass attribute... Although it's a little harsh it's not completely unfair for the developers to go under the assumption that a prop won't throw a 2 on 1 pass perfectly no matter how well you time it.

That is actually, incorrect.

The R1+L1 pass to first five isn't what it seems.

It just passes to the closest player who has the highest kick rating. So if your first five doesn't have the highest kicking rating, he's not going to recieve the ball, I use this tactic when I want to give the ball to my fullback, I just gave him the highest rating.

Hmm, fair enough, but in 95% of the teams I've played with the 10 has the highest kick rating.

And out of the few that haven't most have had the scrum half as the highest (and therefore the L1 + R1 pass goes to the 10 anyway, as they have the second highest rating.

Offsides.

All. The. Time.

Haven't quite worked out the situation when the glitch always occurs, but having their players level mine when they're half a mile offside is going to give me an annurism. That said, the game is growing on me, despite the inability to get the ball out to actual backs.

Is there any way of seeing who ahs scored what in the premiership, without having to go into the individual profiles? Say it is so!

When a player loses the ball on the try line, the video ref always rules it 'held up' even though it was knocked on, so the other team get a 5 metre scrum instead of you getting the scrum.

The "held up" from the ref seems wrong, but then the scrum forms and - from the rules - the game is getting the correct team to put the ball in.

22.13 ATTACKING INFRINGEMENT WITH SCRUM SANCTION
If an attacking player commits an infringement in in-goal, for which the sanction is a scrum, for example, a knock-on, play is restarted with a 5-metre scrum. The scrum is formed in line with the place of the infringement and the defending team throws in the ball.

So if I get the ball over the opposition try line and then do a knock on, the scrum forms and they put the ball in. All legit.

The thing is, I'm a sucker for being able to play exhibition matches with a lot of different teams and running Frank Halai in for Waikato one day and Fetu'u Vainikolo in for Connacht the next.

And Rugby Challenge does that. So I keep playing.

I hate it that half the time passes bounce unfathomably in to touch, miles behind their intended recipient. I hate it how many tackles my players fall off. I hate it that some times, I simply cannot stop the other team scoring because they manage to offload to the other side of the pitch. I hate it that some times they throw nobody into the rucks and it's too easy for me to turn the ball over. I hate how the 10 usually stands outside his centres, and how the fullback is only ever useful when returning kicks. And I hate it that after a linebreak, the defence is horribly slow to turn around and chase.

These are all errors in the game's coding - there can be no possible reason why they happen. This is what means that Red Dead is one of the best games of all time, and that Rugby Challenge is merely the most up-to-date rugby ***le.

But because it is the most up to date, I still play it and still enjoy it. Who still plays HB's [strike]can barely be called a[/strike] game?

The thing is, I'm a sucker for being able to play exhibition matches with a lot of different teams and running Frank Halai in for Waikato one day and Fetu'u Vainikolo in for Connacht the next.

And Rugby Challenge does that. So I keep playing.

I hate it that half the time passes bounce unfathomably in to touch, miles behind their intended recipient. I hate it how many tackles my players fall off. I hate it that some times, I simply cannot stop the other team scoring because they manage to offload to the other side of the pitch. I hate it that some times they throw nobody into the rucks and it's too easy for me to turn the ball over. I hate how the 10 usually stands outside his centres, and how the fullback is only ever useful when returning kicks. And I hate it that after a linebreak, the defence is horribly slow to turn around and chase.

These are all errors in the game's coding - there can be no possible reason why they happen. This is what means that Red Dead is one of the best games of all time, and that Rugby Challenge is merely the most up-to-date rugby ***le.

But because it is the most up to date, I still play it and still enjoy it. Who still plays HB's [strike]can barely be called a[/strike] game?
+1 to everything.
I spend more time now updating teams and creating players just for new squads, even if I won't play as them.
Really would like to see all these things fixed.

I still play Rugby Challenge quite a lot too.
I said before the games came out that career modes don't really interest me, I tend to pick up the game and play a few friendlies (often the games coming up/just been played that round), and then leave it at that.

My biggest bug bear with the game is that you can't change your starting lineup easily! I wish you could press Y (or something) at the team selection to change your 22.

I still play Rugby Challenge quite a lot too.
I said before the games came out that career modes don't really interest me, I tend to pick up the game and play a few friendlies (often the games coming up/just been played that round), and then leave it at that.

My biggest bug bear with the game is that you can't change your starting lineup easily! I wish you could press Y (or something) at the team selection to change your 22.
Yep, I really would like to be able to do experimental line ups.
Also wish you could have muiltiple tournaments saved at once.

Latest posts