• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Shane Williams

Caleb Ralph would revolutionize the Welsh Rugby Game.

Here-Fishy.jpg

the thing about shane is that he isnt a huge physical player, but more a small and shifty one

what shane lacks in the physical department he more than makes up for in his ability to be able to create something when he is given nothing

he's fun to watch, much the way lomu was. you see shane get the ball outwide with 2 defenders on him and you just sit in suspense waiting to see what the little guy can do. jump inside split the two and beat the fullback to the house. i think his heart and determination and his skills to create somethin from nothin give him an edge on a lot of wingers.

i think his heart and determination and his skills to create somethin from nothin give him an edge on a lot of wingers.
[/b]

Yeah maybe an edge over NH wingers not SH wingers.

<div class='quotemain'>
i think his heart and determination and his skills to create somethin from nothin give him an edge on a lot of wingers.
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Haha i like this man!

give up everyone, these arrogant southern hemisphere c***s wont be told

there just.... well... c***s!!

jokes, i love you all really, you just have **** taste and knowledge of our beautiful game!!

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Ive never seen a southern hemisphere winger create magic when he's givin nothing, its not hard to be an excellent all blacks winger when you get the ball outwide and theres not a man to beat :eek:

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Ive never seen a southern hemisphere winger create magic when he's givin nothing
[/b][/quote]

You must be blind.

LOL all this talk of him being the best winger in the northern hemisphere...the best winger up there playin is caucau...and y'all all know hwere he's from..

i like shane..just like dc said he i an exciting player too watch..moments of brilliance are too far in between tho...habana,tuquri and roko can win matches 4 there international teams...and thats where the quality of his playing ability comes in...yeh he's exciting...what would you want a flash of brilliance? or a match winning performance..size diffinitely matters but sometimes technique can over rule that..he lacks both on defense..you could have a oldperson rolling down in a wheelchair at 40m/ph and he still get run over

he is frodo...without the ring

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Ive never seen a southern hemisphere winger create magic when he's givin nothing, its not hard to be an excellent all blacks winger when you get the ball outwide and theres not a man to beat :eek:
[/b][/quote]

afroman.jpg

What do you call Jonah Lomu's try in my avatar? or his many tries in the 1995 World Cup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO1qujfA2RU - Obviously just a simple case of the AB having to fall over the line there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD1_puuceg0...ted&search= - All Blacks > Shane Williams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUHj9mTy0AE...ted&search= - Joe + Jonah > DC

LOL all this talk of him being the best winger in the northern hemisphere...the best winger up there playin is caucau...and y'all all know hwere he's from..
[/b]

100% agree with you on that one

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

100% agree with you on that one [/b][/quote]

Amen to that brother!

Lora's got a good point there.
I mean, Joe is definately an effective player, but I doubt there's anyone on this board that would claim he'd have the record he has now for NZ if he played for Wales.
NZ has remarkable players that make it easier for Joe (not taking anything away from him) to finish off the moves and Wales simply don't adhere to that.
We don't like to use our wingers that's why Shane always has to come looking for work, that's why Shane's record for wales is so impressive.
Joe can make something out of nothing in my eyes - has done plenty of times - but given the circumstances (and i may be biased here) i don't feel he could achieve as much as Shane has in the Welsh team.
On the other hand, if Shane were a NZer i don't think he would have as good a record as Joe. I believe he would ignite some magic into an already enchanting side, but he's not the same kind of finisher as Joe and just wouldn't excel.

It's terribly difficult to compare the two.
My only grievance is how people can dismiss Shane as a quality winger so easily.

Doubt it, Rocokoko and Shane Williams are two different beasts - for a start, when was the last time you saw Shane Williams bulldoze two South African Props and a lock from 10 metres out in a tight ruck situation and score? Alot of Rocokoko, and the other 3 "Big 4" NZ Wingers (possibly excluding Howlett) all possess above average strength for wingers, they aren't exactly Jonah Lomu, but they are big, but are still among the fastest in the world. Alot of the magic, they do is when they just barge through the man marking them, than burn off anyone else who is close, Williams has to first get past the man marking him.

Shane Williams IMO at least is not as well rounded as the NZ Wingers, I don't think's he's as fast as any of them either, which is his main asset, when he actually has to break tackles, he get's shut down and just panics, like when he does against New Zealand. Joe is doubled team all the team, but still has his fantastic try ratio, check out the game film from all his games in 2004 onwards, the reason he hasn't had an 17 tries in 12 games season like his first year is because he always has 3 Australians on his arse before the ball his even passed to him

No one's doubt his finishing ability, bit if finishing abilty was enough to get you into the All Blacks, Doug Howlett and Caleb Ralph would be starting every test

Latest posts